Boudewijn

Marquez Valdes-Scantling 2019 Outlook

Public Service Announcement. Do not put him in your Flex. I repeat do not put them in your Flex.

Put him in your receiver slot. He is playing Thursday night. It gives you more freedom for Sunday's games in case an injury occurs to one of your other players.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just picked him up off the waivers last night and rolling him out over TY.

The o/u is at 45 (last time I checked) so hopefully we’ll have the potential for some points. If he can get me 15+ in standard I’d be pretty happy with the production.

Edited by JDE
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, griffin727 said:

I just cannnnnnnt pull the trigger with this dude. He's burned me too many times (last year).

This is what I don't understand, why you write off a young WR who is still learning? He's 24 years old and last year he was a rookie.  Everyone wants immediate success. If you believed in a guy last year and he's playing better this year and getting more targets and reps, why wouldn't you want him?

The crazy thing is, if he keeps it up, he might even be better next year at 25, with another year of experience under his belt.

The rookie WRs of 2014 totally spoiled everyone (OBJ, Evans, Cooks, Watkins, Adams, Landry, Robinson and more). What used to be an expected 3 years for a WR to develop has now turned to people wanting immediate success. 

Starting MVS. Eagles secondary is weak. 

I'm on this train - chugga chugga, chugga chugga

I have a feeling that MVS won't do much tonight and it will be an Adams game.  Just a hunch.

But whichever wr scores the td's will likely have to do it early because it will probably be a blowout in the second half and it will be all Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams.

Edited by sjm76

4 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I have a feeling that MVS won't do much tonight and it will be an Adams game.  Just a hunch.

But whichever wr scores the td's will likely have to do it early because it will probably be a blowout in the second half and it will be all Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams.

I actually think Wentz is going to find a way to keep the game competitive by putting the team on his back. That team needs a win bad. This Packers D is improved compared to recent years, but it’s easy to look lights-out against Trubisky, Cousins and Flacco. I think this game is going to come down to the wire, with both teams needing to make plays into the fourth quarter.

Not exactly starting MVS with confidence, but I don’t think he needs to bust a huge play on a free throw to have a good fantasy game.

Can't pull the trigger on this guy over Sterling or Scawy Tewwy. I have a feeling Adams is going to have his breakout tonight of about 3 touchdowns and that's all Rodgers is gonna throw. I'm worried about his first 2 weeks. 

47 minutes ago, Singing in Dwayne said:

I'm starting him. 2 catches for 39 yards on 4 targets incoming.

I'm fine with this as long as his 2 catches are for TDs

33 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

This is what I don't understand, why you write off a young WR who is still learning? He's 24 years old and last year he was a rookie.  Everyone wants immediate success. If you believed in a guy last year and he's playing better this year and getting more targets and reps, why wouldn't you want him?

The crazy thing is, if he keeps it up, he might even be better next year at 25, with another year of experience under his belt.

The rookie WRs of 2014 totally spoiled everyone (OBJ, Evans, Cooks, Watkins, Adams, Landry, Robinson and more). What used to be an expected 3 years for a WR to develop has now turned to people wanting immediate success. 

I’m not saying I’m writing him off. Just that I can’t feel comfortable starting him yet.

Edited by griffin727
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I have this feeling he's going Week 3 Godwin tonight, but I'm firing him up because Scary Terry may not be able to suit up Sunday. Ugh.

3 hours ago, Singing in Dwayne said:

We are still far from this. Allison has all of the numbers that were expected of MVS. 😫

4 minutes ago, laracco said:

We are still far from this. Allison has all of the numbers that were expected of MVS. 😫

It’s him or Scantling rotating fantasy relevance every week. Neither are reliable.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Bringthesonicsback said:

lets cry together fellas. damn

💀not to be trusted this season Adams, Allison, MVS too tough to call his good games.

As a Seahawks fan and MVS owner, that slant play near the goal line against a guy named Malcolm stings...... AGAIN. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Singing in Dwayne said:

Pretty close.  This guy may be tall and fast but he looks like a JAG when it comes to get off and route running.  Even if Adams misses time I'm not sure I'd trust him.