jay2491

James White 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, Members_Only_76 said:

So you don't burn your flex spot on Thursday is why. Keep it open for any last minute changes for positional flex-ibility.

Ok, makes sense.  You don't have a choice when White is your 3rd RB though.

Just now, KilloWertz said:

Ok, makes sense.  You don't have a choice when White is your 3rd RB though.

You would start White in your RB1 or 2 slot and put the RB who has the latest game time in the flex. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

You would start White in your RB1 or 2 slot and put the RB who has the latest game time in the flex. 

^this.  And if god forbid your rb1 or rb2 pulls a hammy in practice tomorrow you then have the added flexibility of having a choice of rb/wr/te in you're flex and your not locked into having to start your rb4 or a FA rb

Edited by ColoWrex
  • Like 2

13.5 PPR points. Like clockwork. Would've been really nice if that TD hadn't been called back, or if he had been used a bit more in the second half. He was at his best when the game was close in the 2nd quarter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drisser said:

13.5 PPR points. Like clockwork. Would've been really nice if that TD hadn't been called back, or if he had been used a bit more in the second half. He was at his best when the game was close in the 2nd quarter.

should’ve had 20. TD overturned

• Like 1

Refs took away points for whatever reason. Clear as day that was a touchdown

It looked like the ball was probably 6 inches or so short, but no camera angle showed it. 

Supposedly the refs have additional angles. I don't know how they placed it at the 1 yard line. He was definitely closer than that. 

Anyways....decent point total despite losing the touchdown.

1 hour ago, Chippa said:

Sarcasm?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chippa said:

It was short. As ticked off as I was, the tape doesn't lie and he just missed it by grounding his elbow before extending with the ball for the TD. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

It was short. As ticked off as I was, the tape doesn't lie and he just missed it by grounding his elbow before extending with the ball for the TD. 

If it was enough to overturn (indisputable evidence), then fair enough. So close. Hope I don’t lose by 5 this week! 

13 hours ago, Chippa said:

Dude. It was absolutely clear that his elbow was down before the ball crossed the goalline. I think your bias is in the way. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Chippa said:

Image result for funny eye glasses gif

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Image result for funny eye glasses gif

11 hours ago, TheBoondocks said:

5 minutes ago, Mrmann1 said:

Dude. It was absolutely clear that his elbow was down before the ball crossed the goalline. I think your bias is in the way. 

ok ok I wasnt watching the game last night

Has had a consistently high floor in 0.5 and full PPR leagues, and that's with only 1 TD through 6 games. Last year he had 12 (5 on the ground, 7 in the air), so it's reasonable to expect an uptick in TD's in upcoming weeks.

I'm debating trying to trade for this guy.  Interested to see if anyone has any insight that has been following him?

14 minutes ago, csv2209 said:

I'm debating trying to trade for this guy.  Interested to see if anyone has any insight that has been following him?

Dude is money in PPR leagues: the Pats o-line is horrible which actually helps White because he short catches are basically the running game for the Pats: I have relied on him for a few years now in my dynasty league as a RB2/High end flex

• Like 1

In .5ppr her will get you 8.5 to 9.5 on a weekly basis, but this is definitely a 3 headed monster Bolden/Michel/White. I'm not sure what happens when Burkhead comes back, if he jumps in the mix or takes Boldens snaps. I guess full PPR might be different, but I would just grab Bolden or Burkhead off the wire before giving up too much value for White in standard or .5ppr.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, beerfish said:

In .5ppr her will get you 8.5 to 9.5 on a weekly basis, but this is definitely a 3 headed monster Bolden/Michel/White. I'm not sure what happens when Burkhead comes back, if he jumps in the mix or takes Boldens snaps. I guess full PPR might be different, but I would just grab Bolden or Burkhead off the wire before giving up too much value for White in standard or .5ppr.

Burkhead will most certainly take Bolden's snaps and also take a few snaps away from both Michel and White.

But I think White is still a safe floor week-week. He's the runningback that is in the best "graces" of the quarterback and coach. Brady will keep targeting him 6-9x per week.

He's a guaranteed 9-10pt guy in Half PPR - a safe option for your flex and a fill in RB2 for bye weeks. I've started him every week and not been disappointed, the alternative is to throw boom-or-bust WRs in there, but would rather take the safe floor with my flex.

This guy has been a little disappointing this year in standard, hopefully he picks it up this second half of the season.

47 minutes ago, jeffnsee said:

This guy has been a little disappointing this year in standard, hopefully he picks it up this second half of the season.

He's not a standard guy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeffnsee said:

He’s Mr. PPR like Edelman 

• Like 1