Fantasyscrub

Nikola Jokic 2019-2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, fabrar said:

IMO Jokic is not top 10 material, even if he is "easy" to build around. You have to make sure your rounds 2-4 are perfect if you have Joker in the first. I took him first round last year and it was an uphill battle the entire season. 

I took Jokic in the first round and dominated my league. 🙃

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, taenggg said:

I took Jokic in the first round and dominated my league. 🙃

 

In last years NFBKC the online championship winner took Jokic 1st round and won his league and the $10,000 overall grand prize(best roto team across many leagues). He picked 5th or 6th iirc as he picked before me picking Steph at 7. I can say I finished 2nd in said league and that I was in the overall champs league.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So no one is worried about his weight and/or resting him since he was so winded in last years playoffs??

 

Edit: Now rotoworld is reporting there are rumors they could manage his load....

Dame looking better and better by the day

Edited by crocp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Snatch said:

After the 15th pick you have Jrue, Kemba, Mitchell, Lowry, DRussell Booker etc. players that can contribute much from the stuff you'll get from Lillard.

Turner, JVal, JJJ, Favors, Bryant... are you kidding me? You would pick them inside inside top 30?

Jrue/Kemba are 50/50 to go before pick 15.

 

Lowry will be a top 30 player imo but goes in the 40s.  

 

Mitchell/Booker are outside the top 40 in 9 cat but are top 25 in 8 cat or if you punt TO.  Also, Mitchell has a great playoff schedule so he’s a second rounder in H2H.  

 

Turner is a top 20 value and is drafted there in any competitive league.  

 

As for the rest: complete and utter straw man.  I never said I’d pick those guys top 30. I said of the 30 picks from 15-45 that the majority are bigs.  From that I meant to imply that some of those are more toward 45.  What I would do personally is irrelevant. But I can tell you from the 7 large buy leagues I’ve done so far, in addition to the small buy in roto league that this forum did, that real humans who have money invested will pick JJJ, Jval, and even Favors top 45.  Bryant is a little more of a sleeper.

 

The thesis of my post was that the majority of players from 15-45 are bigs.  If you listen to any expert they will tell you to pick littles early this year bc they dry up more quickly and there are plenty of top 50 bigs.  If you want to play games with the details, and debate whether each specific player I listed off memory is top 50, that’s fine.  It doesn’t take away from the thesis.  

 

Idk what format you play but I’m referencing 9 cat roto.  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, crocp said:

So no one is worried about his weight and/or resting him since he was so winded in last years playoffs??

 

Edit: Now rotoworld is reporting there are rumors they could manage his load....

Dame looking better and better by the day

If you're so concerned about Jokics weight you probably shouldn't draft him. In all his years in the NBA has the man ever looked brolic and ripped? Yet he still dominates and is the best big man in the league. 

The only time he really looked winded was in the 4OT game. His cardio is still better than Embiid who looks ripped compared to him. 

Nuggets haven't proven anything in the West to start resting players, and with how competitive the West is this year they sure as hell can't afford to start managing his load. Is there a chance the team sits him vs a trash team? Sure. But you can probably say the same for half a dozen other teams as well. 

FYI that picture floating around with him looking pudgy as s--- is a non issue. Awkward angle for a big dude like him and its expected to have an unflattering photo. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Snatch said:

Turner, JVal, JJJ, Favors, Bryant... are you kidding me? You would pick them inside inside top 30?

 

In a money league against owners who have experience of winning, all bets are off. If you want your guy, put on your big boy pants and grab him or else you'll most likely won't get em.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, taenggg said:

If you're so concerned about Jokics weight you probably shouldn't draft him. In all his years in the NBA has the man ever looked brolic and ripped? Yet he still dominates and is the best big man in the league. 

The only time he really looked winded was in the 4OT game. His cardio is still better than Embiid who looks ripped compared to him. 

Nuggets haven't proven anything in the West to start resting players, and with how competitive the West is this year they sure as hell can't afford to start managing his load. Is there a chance the team sits him vs a trash team? Sure. But you can probably say the same for half a dozen other teams as well. 

FYI that picture floating around with him looking pudgy as s--- is a non issue. Awkward angle for a big dude like him and its expected to have an unflattering photo. 

 

Fair. I agree with a lot of what you said. I guess I’m gonna end up drafting this chubster lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

 

In a money league against owners who have experience of winning, all bets are off. If you want your guy, put on your big boy pants and grab him or else you'll most likely won't get em.

Yeah, im playing money leagues like 5 yrs in a row. 

 

If you grab 2 of those guys in the top 30, you wont win nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm picking 6th in my 15-cat H2H league, and I'm gonna go with Jokic, and try to punt blocks and TO, any ideas on the following picks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DrFate said:

I'm picking 6th in my 15-cat H2H league, and I'm gonna go with Jokic, and try to punt blocks and TO, any ideas on the following picks?

I don’t know your cats but Booker is going to be a top 15 guy if you punt blocks and TO.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

I don’t know your cats but Booker is going to be a top 15 guy if you punt blocks and TO.  

Cats are FGM, FG%, FTM, FT%, 3PTM, 3PT%, PTS, DREB, OREB, AST, STLS, BLKS, A/TO, TO and PF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DrFate said:

Cats are FGM, FG%, FTM, FT%, 3PTM, 3PT%, PTS, DREB, OREB, AST, STLS, BLKS, A/TO, TO and PF

I think that league format overvalues efficient scoring, assists, and rebounds relative to 9 cat. It devalues stocks.  So Jokic and Booker would be a good pairing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2019 at 2:25 PM, taenggg said:

I took Jokic in the first round and dominated my league. 🙃

I’ve taken him first round back to back years and won my league! Took him 4th last year. Go back to his thread last year, I talked him up big time. Dude is an absolute league winner. Anyone saying he isn’t top 10 material has never played fantasy basketball. He simply dominates. Puts up great %’s and counting stars and plays 75+ games. He’s my first pick regardless of draft position. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2019 at 9:08 AM, crocp said:

I'm in the dreaded 6th spot and I think I am going to avoid the Joker....

Got a feeling he might be load managed closer to the end of season since he looks to be in worst shape than last year....and last year he was absolutely winded and tired in the real playoffs...I think Denver learns from their mistake and manages his playing time and games played better..

Leaning towards Dame where I know I will get 80 games of 35+ minutes....which in H2H is invaluable. 

Is passing on Joker crazy???

 

Absolutely winded? Lmao. He played every minute after the half of a 4 overtime game. This dude is a stud just stop. 

 

On 10/7/2019 at 11:01 AM, fabrar said:

IMO Jokic is not top 10 material, even if he is "easy" to build around. You have to make sure your rounds 2-4 are perfect if you have Joker in the first. I took him first round last year and it was an uphill battle the entire season. 

You just had a terrible draft after you took Jokic that’s all. Can’t blame him for that man. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i’m in a 14 team league i’m thinking of taking him in the 6th..u guys think it’s too early or just about right?Any suggestions who to pair him up with?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, DB11 said:

i’m in a 14 team league i’m thinking of taking him in the 6th..u guys think it’s too early or just about right?Any suggestions who to pair him up with?

 

I just got him 7th and paired him with Drummond and went full punt points and took Draymond with my 3rd pick.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hipriest69 said:

 

I just got him 7th and paired him with Drummond and went full punt points and took Draymond with my 3rd pick.  

I’m in Espn league wish i can get drummond but he’s rank way super high.No chance for me to get him at all.How About pairing him up with Myles?JJJ?suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

He simply dominates. Puts up great %’s and counting stars and plays 75+ games. He’s my first pick regardless of draft position. 

 

I wish you were in a league of mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, rncnomics said:

 

I wish you were in a league of mine.

I’ve won my league back to back years, so maybe you don’t wish that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

I don’t know your cats but Booker is going to be a top 15 guy if you punt blocks and TO.  

 

I like the Jokic/Booker pairing, but honestly, Booker scares me. Played 50ish games 2 years ago (was shut down end of season), and played 60ish games last season (also shut down)....

I dont see why Suns wouldn't just shut him down again since its not like they have a shot at the playoffs....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crocp said:

 

I like the Jokic/Booker pairing, but honestly, Booker scares me. Played 50ish games 2 years ago (was shut down end of season), and played 60ish games last season (also shut down)....

I dont see why Suns wouldn't just shut him down again since its not like they have a shot at the playoffs....

Probably can’t land it because of ADP but Jokic/Simmons/luka was awesome last year. My ft %’s and turnovers were bad but counting stats were insane. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ryansm11 said:

Probably can’t land it because of ADP but Jokic/Simmons/luka was awesome last year. My ft %’s and turnovers were bad but counting stats were insane. 

If that’s what you want to do I bet you can swing it in most 9 cat snake drafts. Jokic 6th, Luka 19th, Simmons 30th.  

Edited by StifleTower2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

If that’s what you want to do I bet you can swing it in most 9 cat snake drafts. Jokic 6th, Luka 19th, Simmons 30th.  

Not really a fan of that pairing personally. High TOs, threes are below average, FT down the drain and no blocks. I'd rather Jokic/Simmons or a big/Draymond or a big like Capela 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, taenggg said:

Not really a fan of that pairing personally. High TOs, threes are below average, FT down the drain and no blocks. I'd rather Jokic/Simmons or a big/Draymond or a big like Capela 

Never said it was a fan.  At ALL.  I just said he could pull it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Never said it was a fan.  At ALL.  I just said he could pull it.

Yeah it wasn't directed at you even though I quoted you. Just happened to be the last post that mentioned those players. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.