Fantasyscrub

Nikola Jokic 2019-2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Someone can look fat and have a lower bf% than you think.  Someone can even actually be fat and succeed at basketball.  It's a skill sport and a game of strategy, it's not a bodybuilding competition.  Cardio is mandatory but that's it.  

 

That said, I accepted an offer for one my Jokic's: his Giannis, Conley, and Miles Bridges for my Jokic and Butler.  I get the best player in the deal and depth.  I much prefer Giannis side.  I think he's trying to mask a Conley dump.  So I'm down to one share of Jokic.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol why is Jokic not taking his body seriously. hes going to lose in a conf finals/finals one day and be like smh wish i dieted to make the difference.

these guys only got 10-15 years prime to make impact you can eat all you want after lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rage2021 said:

lol why is Jokic not taking his body seriously. hes going to lose in a conf finals/finals one day and be like smh wish i dieted to make the difference.

these guys only got 10-15 years prime to make impact you can eat all you want after lol.

You're assuming winning is the most important thing to him.  Maybe that sweet sweet Golden Corral buffet is.  And basketball is just a game for a paycheck.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kriggly said:


We can't all be ripped professional athletes like yourself.   

I, for one, enjoy that my first round pick has more body fat than I do.  It makes him relatable.  

Me too. It's like, I know I could be professional basketball players if only I was 7 feet tall like him. I see all the passes he's gonna make when I watch him play. Clear as day!

 

4 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

You're assuming winning is the most important thing to him.  Maybe that sweet sweet Golden Corral buffet is.  And basketball is just a game for a paycheck.

And if it is, could we even blame him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, claptondecheeks said:

Me too. It's like, I know I could be professional basketball players if only I was 7 feet tall like him. I see all the passes he's gonna make when I watch him play. Clear as day!

 

And if it is, could we even blame him?

No, I don't blame him, and I don't give s---.  There appears to be two camps: 1) he's not that out of shape; 2) he's fat as f--- and not ready for the nba.  I appear to be in the minority who believes he's fat AND ready for the season.  Some people in here think this is body building competition.  If he can jog slowly up the court, he's conditioned enough.  Basketball is more golf than the NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

No, I don't blame him, and I don't give s---.  There appears to be two camps: 1) he's not that out of shape; 2) he's fat as f--- and not ready for the nba.  I appear to be in the minority who believes he's fat AND ready for the season.  Some people in here think this is body building competition.  If he can jog slowly up the court, he's conditioned enough.  Basketball is more golf than the NFL.

I agree. It's clear to see he's a soft body. It's also clear to see it doesn't affect his game. At this point, it should be something fun to joke about.

 

I think people equate day with weak and slow. But Jokic had been banging with centers his entire career and he's an all-star. And when has his game been about being faster or overpowering his opponents? Never. Maybe his fat even protects him from getting muscle injuries from getting hit by other guys,  like a protective pad.

 

As far as jogging up the court, who cares. LeBron is well known to walk the most in the NBA and nobody cares.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fwiw a lot of the Denver media guys (Many of whom have openly questioned his fitness in the past) have pushed back on the notion he’s any less in shape this year. 

He’s just a big stout dude. Sure he could afford to lose 10 or 15 but people were saying the same thing when he played 65 minutes in a playoff game. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

I agree. It's clear to see he's a soft body. It's also clear to see it doesn't affect his game. At this point, it should be something fun to joke about.

 

I think people equate day with weak and slow. But Jokic had been banging with centers his entire career and he's an all-star. And when has his game been about being faster or overpowering his opponents? Never. Maybe his fat even protects him from getting muscle injuries from getting hit by other guys,  like a protective pad.

 

As far as jogging up the court, who cares. LeBron is well known to walk the most in the NBA and nobody cares.

Yeah.  I agree.  Like I said, people made fun of M Gasol for being fat (and he was) and now he’s a champion.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

No Ayton tonight for the suns. Jokic dropping 38/17/13 book it 


no Ayton for a looooog time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ryansm11 said:

No Ayton tonight for the suns. Jokic dropping 38/17/13 book it 

Jokic’s line in last years home opener vs Ayton: 35/12/11/4/1 with three 3s, perfect 11/11 from the floor. One of his best games of the year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, srb said:

Jokic’s line in last years home opener vs Ayton: 35/12/11/4/1 with three 3s, perfect 11/11 from the floor. One of his best games of the year. 

Dang, let’s get Ayton back in there lol. Jokic is a monster. Was it last year he had the fastest triple double ever? Or the year before? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

Dang, let’s get Ayton back in there lol. Jokic is a monster. Was it last year he had the fastest triple double ever? Or the year before? 

The year before

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like we dodged a bullet in the last game with the foul plagued start...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

No Ayton tonight for the suns. Jokic dropping 38/17/13 book it 

lol I guess I aimed a LITTLE to high. Triple double though let’s get it! Y’all still getting all worked up over this dudes weight? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2019 at 12:13 AM, summersoff7 said:

nice shooting night tonight you idiot

lol he does this every year. He’s to passive the first month, media says why doesn’t he shoot more, Malone says our superstar needs to shoot more, he then proceeds to drop 40 point triple doubles for about a month and then cools off for a little bit. Then saves the rest for your fantasy playoffs. Youre welcome. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

lol he does this every year. He’s to passive the first month, media says why doesn’t he shoot more, Malone says our superstar needs to shoot more, he then proceeds to drop 40 point triple doubles for about a month and then cools off for a little bit. Then saves the rest for your fantasy playoffs. Youre welcome. 

Thanks...Im a first time owner so this helps a bit🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

aandddd back to under 30% FG

this dude is KILLING me. Nah that's it, gotta change the team name away from Deja Vucevic. He's lost team name privileges and is in the naughty corner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Quazza said:

aandddd back to under 30% FG

this dude is KILLING me. Nah that's it, gotta change the team name away from Deja Vucevic. He's lost team name privileges and is in the naughty corner

 

Wrong Nikola.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LuSamSiam said:

 

Wrong Nikola.

 

oh really is hahah my blind rage got the better of me

apologies

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know he's a notoriously slow starter and always winds up being fine, but it'd be nice if he decided to be more of an alpha dog on this team.

The Nuggets need an offensive leader and 3 shots in a half of basketball for the team's best player is weak, he should be shooting closer to 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stallion said:

I know he's a notoriously slow starter and always winds up being fine, but it'd be nice if he decided to be more of an alpha dog on this team.

The Nuggets need an offensive leader and 3 shots in a half of basketball for the team's best player is weak, he should be shooting closer to 10.

Malone has built a serious contender around Jokic and his passing has a lot to do with it; ditching that formula just to boost a few nerds' fantasy stats would be silly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.