Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

7/17 - GAME DAY THREAD

I think we are looking at Devers as a first round pick next year boys. Maybe 12-15 range. He’s showing no signs of slowing down. 

• Like 2

Clevinger has 23 swing and miss strikes. 12K's 2-1 Indians 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I think we are looking at Devers as a first round pick next year boys. Maybe 12-15 range. He’s showing no signs of slowing down. 

He's on pace to finish as a top 6-8 player after having a power-slump the entire month of April.  He will be only 22 years old for, I believe, the entire season.

This pace continues, I can only think of five or six players that at this point I'd clearly put above him.  

Edited by Overlord

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Overlord said:

He's on pace to finish as a top 6-8 player after having a power-slump the entire month of April.  He will be only 22 years old for, I believe, the entire season.

I can only think of five or six players that at this point I'd clearly put above him.  

I just have to see him finish this strong before I put him that high. he’s a monster though, every time I expect him to slow down he crushes another. 

Edit, yeah he’s lookin like a top 10 pick lol. 

Edited by Ryansm11
Stupidity

9 minutes ago, weakkneeswilly said:

Clevinger has 23 swing and miss strikes. 12K's 2-1 Indians 

really hope the pen hangs on here...

8 minutes ago, The General said:

Did Ketel leave the game just due to blow out? No injury plz.

Yeah, why did he leave the game?

7 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I just have to see him finish this strong before I put him that high. he’s a monster though, every time I expect him to slow down he crushes another. 

Just as we have seen with Motown Magic, ". . . you will become a true believer, Dr. Jones/Ryansm11."

3 minutes ago, Short Porch said:

I’m hoping just little extra rest. No one else pulled though.

13 minutes ago, Short Porch said:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, herschel said:

really hope the pen hangs on here...

3-1 Indians. Big double, SB and RS by JoRam. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

eek, back to back errors for padres.  will be pretty impressive if yates can work out of this one...

Edited by herschel

Yates will be fine tonight, cooper just stood there on a full count with 2 on and no outs and took one right down the pipe..lol

52 minutes ago, Overlord said:

This pace continues, I can only think of five or six players that at this point I'd clearly put above him.  

very bold statement...

Why did the Angels decide to start Pena against the Astros? He's been bad as a starter all year, so let's start him against the Astros. ******** idiots.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, CounterPunch said:

very bold statement...

22 years old, may end up hitting 30ish dongs after having zero on May 1, flirting with AL batting championship ... trains have derailed before, but seems like the birth of a fantasy baseball monster.  

I can't stress enough how much more impressive this is considering his age as opposed to someone who is 27ish.  Statistically speaking, ALL of his prime seasons should be ahead of him.  

6 minutes ago, Overlord said:

22 years old, may end up hitting 30ish dongs after having zero on May 1, flirting with AL batting championship ... trains have derailed before, but seems like the birth of a fantasy baseball monster.  

I can't stress enough how much more impressive this is considering his age as opposed to someone who is 27ish.  Statistically speaking, ALL of his prime seasons should be ahead of him.  

That is all very impressive but top 6-8 impressive? I just don't know. Definitely in dynasty leagues but probably not in standard leagues.

Dennis Lin‏Verified account @dennistlin 6m6 minutes ago

Chris Paddack wrote “16” in the mound for José Fernández tonight.

23 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Why did the Angels decide to start Pena against the Astros? He's been bad as a starter all year, so let's start him against the Astros. ******** idiots.

Just take him out! 

Que peña!!

Is Holland available tonight?