Sign in to follow this  
bomont

Randall Cobb 2019 Outlook

For deep sleepers might this guy be worth a shot, or not due to Gallup? Not sure how they're looking to use him.

Did he change his name to “R”? Lol. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bomont said:

For deep sleepers might this guy be worth a shot, or not due to Gallup? Not sure how they're looking to use him.

Deep sleeper to keep an eye on for sure i say.  Cowboys will line him up in the slot a lot and i think he has more to offer this offense then Beasley did. Cobb has a better ability to get loose and break big plays, something we saw little of from Cole over the years.  Health is my main concern overall but he's dirt cheap(last i saw was round 14adp) and he had a very nice mini camp from my understanding.   A lot of attention will be paid to Cooper we know that and I do expect a small bump up for Gallup as well.  He was really coming along last season, esp late in the year.  I think this sets up for Cobb to have a lot of favorable match ups and Cobb as a second/ third option for this team could provide sneaky value as a decent flex play some weeks, IMO    Feels to me like we could see a 65-70 / 750-800 / 5 TD type season but again, thats if he can stay on the field.

Ok, now that I know he’s in Dallas I’d rather take a flyer on him than gallup. Cobb is still under 30 and his proven production 

• Like 1

His ceiling is what, Cole Beasley numbers?  No thanks.     Gallup at least has some upside.   Cobb's been steadily in decline for years and unproductive in a pass heavy offense.   Now he's on a run first, slow pace team with an alpha WR.   

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BrianM said:

His ceiling is what, Cole Beasley numbers?  No thanks.     Gallup at least has some upside.   Cobb's been steadily in decline for years and unproductive in a pass heavy offense.   Now he's on a run first, slow pace team with an alpha WR.   

thats the ceiling for most in the 14th round ADP and beyond i figure.  Its def all about keeping your expectations in line with reality.  Im not saying i disagree with you overall, but in this range you're throwing coins into the wishing well for a bye week hopeful flex play either way, IMO

• Like 1

True enough.  Cobb's the type of guy i'd feel i could replace easily with a waiver pickup though, even if he approaches the highest level of reasonable expectations for his performance.     At that point of a draft though i'm the type to be looking more at higher ceiling guys, dart throws, whatever you want to call em.   

• Like 3

Good points. I was thinking along those lines but am not sure about his expected role vs Gallup or how he's been looking.

1 hour ago, BlakeP42 said:

Deep sleeper to keep an eye on for sure i say.  Cowboys will line him up in the slot a lot and i think he has more to offer this offense then Beasley did. Cobb has a better ability to get loose and break big plays, something we saw little of from Cole over the years.  Health is my main concern overall but he's dirt cheap(last i saw was round 14adp) and he had a very nice mini camp from my understanding.   A lot of attention will be paid to Cooper we know that and I do expect a small bump up for Gallup as well.  He was really coming along last season, esp late in the year.  I think this sets up for Cobb to have a lot of favorable match ups and Cobb as a second/ third option for this team could provide sneaky value as a decent flex play some weeks, IMO    Feels to me like we could see a 65-70 / 750-800 / 5 TD type season but again, thats if he can stay on the field.

I saw him get loose and break a big play once last year. That was literally game 1 of the season. It was all downhill from there. In fact he was not good last year after that. 

I'd rather have Cole B today as a player than Cobb. He's an old 28/29. 

1 hour ago, Panthers8912 said:

Ok, now that I know he’s in Dallas I’d rather take a flyer on him than gallup. Cobb is still under 30 and his proven production 

He got worse every year with the Packers. 

Jason witten is back too if it means anything. Probably enough to hurt any minimal value Cobb would have to begin with. 

If tavon Austin is cut that'll be interesting though. 

1 hour ago, BrianM said:

I’m not necessarily targeting Cobb this season but I think he’s more skilled and dynamic than Beasley, even with a somewhat diminished skillset.

As mentioned, you can’t ask for much at this ADP so if you’re still looking for a WR in that range, he might be somebody to keep an eye on. I’m personally not big on Cooper and Gallup is still relatively unproven on a grand scale.  

That said, I have Cobb in the WR5 area on my initial rankings and I fully plan to be done drafting my WRs by the time his ADP approaches. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I saw him get loose and break a big play once last year. That was literally game 1 of the season. It was all downhill from there. In fact he was not good last year after that. 

I'd rather have Cole B today as a player than Cobb. He's an old 28/29. 

no doubt he's been on the decline but i think much of it is more injury related over the years.  He did start off with a bang last year, then had the hamstring injury week 3 vs Washington. He then missed five games and IMO, wasn't right the rest of the way.  He looked limited and slow, no doubt about it.

As for Cole vs Cobb, give me Cobb all day for 1 year / 5 mil vs the ridiculous amount the Bills paid Cole.  IF healthy, BIG if i know, i don't view Cobb as a down grade at all from Beasley.  

24 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Jason witten is back too if it means anything.

This ^ is a good point.  One i've sort of forgot about.  Irks the heck out of me that he's back, honestly.  Im pretty interested to see how much Kellon keeps him on the field.  Witten is a player that almost has refused to leave the field in the past.  That could impact targets

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bomont said:

this guy

Make sure to include his full name, that helps 1) for other people to find him and 2) the automated index script to find him.

Awfully quiet in here. Cobb looked really good with a 4/69/1 line on 5 targets. Not enough looks, but Dallas was up all game long and didn't need to keep its foot on the gas. We know Dak likes targeting his slot receiver. Cole Beasley was able to 65/672/3 last year. Cowboys will pass more this season so it's not unreasonable to think Cobb could exceed those numbers.