23 Aaron Nola Phillies
24 Adalberto Mondesi Royals
25 Anthony Rendon  
26 Justin Verlander Astros
27 Bryce Harper Phillies
28 Gerrit Cole  
29 Jose Altuve Astros
30 Josh Bell Pirates

I’ll give someone $100 bucks if they can convince me that Vlad over Freeman and Judge is sound logic.

Come up with something complex.  Taking easy way of suggesting Toronto plays all games with roof open, exposing him to max vitamin D won’t be accepted.  Too logical.  

• Haha 1

Bellinger @ 9? Really? Close window.

• Like 1

No Kris Bryant eh? He only has the highest wRC+ of his career and the 8th highest in baseball.

RW rankings are awful every year. Dead horse.

• Like 3

I'll say it once, I'll say it a million times. Between the garbage content in the blurbs and this Pollute guy being the poster boy for you're player rankings, I'd be amazed if you sold over a dozen subscriptions to your premium baseball package

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Top 300 lists, using all positions (or even top 30), are extremely hard to do. I do them for my own drafts and they change literally every time. Yeah, there’s a few guys that I wouldn’t have as high, but would you be shocked if Vlad Jr blew up next season? I probably wouldn’t have Benintendi here, enough seasons of .275/18/20 to think this is kinda what he is, but isn’t that what we all would’ve said about Bogaerts this past Spring?

To me these are great to gauge others’ value, but I can’t imagine getting worked up about it. I don’t think anything here is particularly outlandish or stupid, just because it’s different than what I would do.

• Like 3

George Springer 76.  Guy is 29 years old, missed a month + with injury and is still ranked 45th.  You have to have an extra large bowl of stupid to click submit on ranking George that low.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Just focus on the top 30 or so.  Any observations?  #14?  cough cough

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/strike-zone/2020-top-300-overall

2020 Player Team
1 Mike Trout Angels
2 Christian Yelich Brewers
3 Ronald Acuna Braves
4 Nolan Arenado Rockies
5 Max Scherzer Nationals
6 Trevor Story Rockies
7 Mookie Betts Red Sox
8 Francisco Lindor Indians
9 Cody Bellinger Dodgers
10 Trea Turner Nationals
11 Jacob deGrom Mets
12 Alex Bregman Astros
13 Juan Soto Nationals
14 Vladimir Guerrero Jr. Blue Jays
15 Javier Baez Cubs
16 Freddie Freeman Braves
17 Chris Sale Red Sox
18 Aaron Judge Yankees
19 Rafael Devers Red Sox
20 Xander Bogaerts Red Sox
21 Walker Buehler Dodgers
22 Andrew Benintendi Red Sox
23 Aaron Nola Phillies
24 Adalberto Mondesi Royals
25 Anthony Rendon  
26 Justin Verlander Astros
27 Bryce Harper Phillies
28 Gerrit Cole  
29 Jose Altuve Astros
30 Josh Bell Pirates

lol at Fat Albert number 14.  Tendi is pretty bad as well.  not sure i put Altuve in the top 30 either

i also like Story, Lindor and Bellinger over Nolan/MAX

4 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

George Springer 76.  Guy is 29 years old, missed a month + with injury and is still ranked 45th.  You have to have an extra large bowl of stupid to click submit on ranking George that low.  

He’s a career .269 hitter who once has had more than 30 HRs. Aren’t the odds very good that this is an outlier year? 

Just now, Backdoor Slider said:

He’s a career .269 hitter who once has had more than 30 HRs. Aren’t the odds very good that this is an outlier year? 

I’d say no.  Hitting leadoff in a juggernaut lineup that has deep talent level and smart management.  Safe to pencil in the Astros being a top 5 offense next year.  George is entering his prime.  I think for next 2-3 years he’s a safe top 30 investment.  

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Top 300 lists, using all positions (or even top 30), are extremely hard to do. I do them for my own drafts and they change literally every time. Yeah, there’s a few guys that I wouldn’t have as high, but would you be shocked if Vlad Jr blew up next season? I probably wouldn’t have Benintendi here, enough seasons of .275/18/20 to think this is kinda what he is, but isn’t that what we all would’ve said about Bogaerts this past Spring?

To me these are great to gauge others’ value, but I can’t imagine getting worked up about it. I don’t think anything here is particularly outlandish or stupid, just because it’s different than what I would do.

Problem is he doesn't steal and he has yet to prove his worth. Even if he does blow up next season. It's still pretty bad when you see the name Freemen below. Totally get it can be very hard to make a top 300. You won't see me nit pick much else here even I do not agree with it.

Yet usually guys who actually want to be taken seriously have their work go thru some sort of peer review before revealing to the public. Which doesn't seem to be the case here. Or if it was, that seems like a glarring omission.

Edited by Slatykamora

3 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

I’d say no.  Hitting leadoff in a juggernaut lineup that has deep talent level and smart management.  Safe to pencil in the Astros being a top 5 offense next year.  George is entering his prime.  I think for next 2-3 years he’s a safe top 30 investment.  

Eh. George entered his prime around age 26. The Astros have been one of the best offenses in baseball the last few years as well. I don’t see what’s changed this year (except juiced ball and/or luck).

Sale and Benintendi too high.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Eh. George entered his prime around age 26. The Astros have been one of the best offenses in baseball the last few years as well. I don’t see what’s changed this year (except juiced ball and/or luck).

And in 140 game seasons in 2017, and 2018 he had 100+ run seasons.  102 and 112.  Similar to the arguments that have been made in the Mookie thread.  Even when guys aren’t having their best average/OPS season, the downside is minimal statistically when you’re locked into the leadoff spot in a top 5 offense.  He has an extremely safe floor and as we are seeing this season, his upside is still untapped.  There’s more room for growth.

8 minutes ago, Slatykamora said:

Problem is he doesn't steal and he has yet to prove his worth. Even if he does blow up next season. It's still pretty bad when you see the name Freemen below. Totally get it can be very hard to make a top 300. You won't see me nit pick much else here even I do not agree with it.

Yet usually guys who actually want to be taken seriously have their work go thru some sort of peer review before revealing to the public. Which doesn't seem to be the case here. Or if it was, that seems like a glarring omission.

100% on the steals. He’s going to have to be prime Miggy or Arenado to justify high ranking. I said this at the beginning of the year and was yelled at lol. 

4 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

How is Flaherty above Clevinger?

He doesn’t have a crazy ex GF who’s likely to take a stab at him?  That’s all I got.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

I recognize it's tough to come out with rankings that are useful to a broad audience with so many different scoring options out there but these are some crazy rankings. If you've read through the Vlad Jr thread I am a staunch defender/supporter of his but even I have to balk at 14. I do think he'll be there in another season or so but you really have to dream on his potential to see him getting to 14 in time for next year's draft.

Edited by sportsfreak2744
edit: 14th not 13th