Sign in to follow this  
kidtwentytwo

Rotoworld 2020 Top 300

2 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

I recognize it's tough to come out with rankings that are useful to a broad audience with so many different scoring options out there but these are some crazy rankings. If you've read through the Vlad Jr thread I am a staunch defender/supporter of his but even I have to balk at 14. I do think he'll be there in another season or so but you really have to dream on his potential to see him getting to 14 in time for next year's draft.

I agree. Almost as crazy as him in the early 40s this season before every taking an MLB swing 😂

RW's game of pocket pool for Vlad Jr. knows no bounds. Maybe if he has a crazy finish to the season he'll go that high, but if he flops I don't see how. As a Benintendi owner all I can do is laugh. I was actually bummed he's on a 2-year contract and I have him next year. I also think Altuve winds up outside the top 30. Without SBs he a whole lot less interesting.

11 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

I agree. Almost as crazy as him in the early 40s this season before every taking an MLB swing 😂

Funny, but where do you have rank a guy with 70 power, 70 hit tool and hit .330 and walked more than he struck out in AAA?  If not 40, he couldn't have been far behind.

I’ve actually bought the RW draft guide for the last 10 years or so and for the most part it has helped with annual 4 or 5 figure profits, but I have to admit the current author’s rankings have been far less helpful than some of the previous. I’m sure there’s a site that compares different projections and I’d be curious to see how he stacks up. My methodology for using these rankings has been the same for several years: I do my own research, formulate my own rankings, and make a list of 20-30 players that I’m higher on than industry rankings and 20-30 players that I’m lower on. After that I compare my rankings to the RWDG. Those players that we’re both really high on become aggressive draft day targets. I’ve always appreciated that the author’s really go out on a limb on players and rank them 50-100 spots higher or lower than the consensus. Sometimes they hit (see Chase Headley’s monster season) and sometimes they whiff (see Brad Miller). 

• Like 1

And for the record, Vlad at #14 is pretty terrible. We’re seeing what his floor is like and it’s not pretty. Add in that there’s no stolen base upside and that ranking rightfully deserves a lot of criticism.

Barring an offensive explosion down the stretch, Vlad will be a 6-7 rounder next year.  Maybe he goes keto and gets some sun to boost his vitamin D and adp in the offseason.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Barring an offensive explosion down the stretch, Vlad will be a 6-7 rounder next year.  Maybe he goes keto and gets some sun to boost his vitamin D and adp in the offseason.  

Vlad @ 14 and Luis Robert @ 124.  

Robert is going to be number 1 Helium guy this off-season. Doubt Vlad is getting drafted before him in competitive leagues. I mean can you even rank Vlad ahead of him unless Vlad does go on a late season tear?

Edited by Slatykamora

6 minutes ago, Slatykamora said:

Vlad @ 14 and Luis Robert @ 124.  

Robert is going to be number 1 Helium guy this off-season. Doubt Vlad is getting drafted before him in competitive leagues. I mean can you even rank Vlad ahead of him unless Vlad does go on a late season tear?

Could argue the helium guy will be Jo Adell.  Depends on if he gets a call up in September.  

We are a reactive bunch.  This year prospects were bumped after guys like acuna and Soto entered the league.  Next year people will have Vlad, Hampson, and Eloy fresh on their minds which may push prospects down vs this season. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Could argue the helium guy will be Jo Adell.  Depends on if he gets a call up in September.  

We are a reactive bunch.  This year prospects were bumped after guys like acuna and Soto entered the league.  Next year people will have Vlad, Hampson, and Eloy fresh on their minds which may push prospects down vs this season. 

Or Alonzo and Hiura on their minds...

12 minutes ago, hailtoyourvictor said:

Or Alonzo and Hiura on their minds...

Nobody spent a single round pick on those guys.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Nobody spent a single round pick on those guys.

No one spent a single round pick on Soto last year but you used Soto as a reason why people reached on Vlad and Eloy this year. No one using a single round pick on Alonzo or Hiura doesn’t take away from people thinking they can land the next stud rookie. 

No it doesnt, but people were reaching for the sky this year.  Vlad going in the 3rd.  Robles and eloy going around the 5th.  Hampson in like the 9-11th.  Acuna was going around the 7th iirc.  People are designed to remember negative things more than positive.  We’ll still have people taking shots on rookies, but I don’t think it’ll be to the extreme it was this year 

2 hours ago, hailtoyourvictor said:

Keston Hiura should be closer to 50 than 150. 

They've got Brendan Rodgers at 80.

I think that my wife who doesn't know anything about baseball, could do a better job at the rankings lol

Ohtani is somewhere in the 90s as well. Not sure whether they're factoring him as a pitcher/hitter or just a hitter, but... man. 

He's supposed to pitch next year, correct? I sorta think he could make the top-100 as either or. Barely cracking it with both is silly.

Ok I take back what I said earlier. Dude put Chris Archer ahead of Lucas Giolito 😂😂

If you polled 100 people on this site, would ONE person take Archer ahead of Giolito?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Ok I take back what I said earlier. Dude put Chris Archer ahead of Lucas Giolito 😂😂

If you polled 100 people on this site, would ONE person take Archer ahead of Giolito?

God no.

This is the same guy who had Joe Mauer in his top 10 like four years after his MVP season.

Matthew Pouliot is a clown.

Just keeps piling on the evidence to support that statement. 

Vlad Jr stood tall to Matthew’s over bullish ranking with the Vladito special, 0-5.

Posted (edited)
On 7/17/2019 at 2:05 PM, Cmilne23 said:

George [Springer] is entering his prime. 

He is 29 y 302 d old, so he's well into his prime. That happened fast. Not really picking a bone with your assessment, just tightening up the latter portion of his peak window, which is shorter than your post implies.

Edited for name clarification

Edited by rando

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, rando said:

He is 29 y 302 d old, so he's well into his prime. That happened fast. Not really picking a bone with your assessment, just tightening up the latter portion of his peak window, which is shorter than your post implies.

Yeah, “entering” was wrong wording.  “In” his prime would be a better assessment.  I think my point still stands strong though.  In redraft putting him at 76 is criminally low.  He’s a top 30 player with an incredibly safe floor given how good of a team he’s on, and locked into the leadoff spot for probably at least 2-3 more seasons.

Edited by Cmilne23

Yup Cmilne agree. 76 is low. I would probably rank him closer to 50 than your 30. Look at last year, 140 games, 22 HR, 71 RBI, .265 BA and 6 SB at a 60% success rate. Only his 102 R are supercharged and everything else is pretty pedestrian for that many ABs. I don't buy him having an incredibly safe floor, or a floor that is all that high. He's the kind of guy I will rank at 50 and if his name comes up in auction would be willing to reach equivalent to more like 40. He's someone I'll probably avoid unless I whiff on all the super-stud OFs, of which I wouldn't complain if that's what you consider him. Cheers.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2019 at 12:45 PM, Cmilne23 said:

I’ll give someone $100 bucks if they can convince me that Vlad over Freeman and Judge is sound logic.

Come up with something complex.  Taking easy way of suggesting Toronto plays all games with roof open, exposing him to max vitamin D won’t be accepted.  Too logical.  

He's really good at hitting HR's in the derby? 😆

• Haha 1