Sign in to follow this  
Gobux1970

Razzball updated top 50 prospects

I think that’s the highest I’ve seen Bohm, Luciano, Groshans and Rocchio ranked. 

Andrew Vaughn at 19 is interesting.

Wow I own 10 out of the top 50. 

To contribute to the discussion: this is the highest I've seen Nick Madrigal 

• Like 2

Freeman is the better Cleveland SS prospect over Rocc.

Vaughn likely is too low. 

India too high. 

Bart shouldn't be above Adley.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Italian_guy said:

Wow I own 10 out of the top 50. 

In my NL dynasty I have 6 of 21, including 3 of the top 4.

How can you possibly justify Mountcastle at 25? He's a likely 1B at this point because of a very weak arm and he's putting up an .819 OPS good for a 103wRC+ and while that's not awful that's hardly thrilling for a 1B prospect where you usually have to just destroy the ball to be a top 100 let alone top 25 player.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

How can you possibly justify Mountcastle at 25? He's a likely 1B at this point because of a very weak arm and he's putting up an .819 OPS good for a 103wRC+ and while that's not awful that's hardly thrilling for a 1B prospect where you usually have to just destroy the ball to be a top 100 let alone top 25 player.

25 seems aggressive but hes had better stretches than this. Minor leagues dont deal with a juiced ball as well. If the MLB likes the explosive offense right now I think he could have some good value. I own Mountcastle in dynasty and remember him always hitting even if the homers havent been eye popping.

44 minutes ago, BayofPuigs said:

25 seems aggressive but hes had better stretches than this. Minor leagues dont deal with a juiced ball as well. If the MLB likes the explosive offense right now I think he could have some good value. I own Mountcastle in dynasty and remember him always hitting even if the homers havent been eye popping.

They adopted MLB balls at AAA this year; the numbers he's putting up are against non-MLB pitchers with an MLB ball.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hanghow said:

They adopted MLB balls at AAA this year; the numbers he's putting up are against non-MLB pitchers with an MLB ball.

Did not know that thanks!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, BayofPuigs said:

Did not know that thanks!

Yeah, in the IL, the best 3 teams' OPS in 2018 were .753-.741-.729. This year, they're .836-.832-.820. It's a vastly different environment than it has been in the past.

Edited by Hanghow
  • Thanks 1

Last I heard HRs up like 40% or something crazy like that.

I have a hard time seeing Robert outside the top 3 at this point. He's putting up video game stats and is ML ready unlike the 2 guys who I could see an argument for being ahead of him (Wander and Adell). In roughly half a season, .360+, 21 HR, 32 SB, and now a 1.600+ OPS in AAA. On top of that he has a + glove in CF. He's a better all-around prospect IMO than the guys who were #1 going into the last three seasons (Yoan, Benintendi and Vladdy) and probably on the same level as FTJ who has the highest ceiling of the bunch. Neither Bichette nor Tucker is better now, and they don't project to be better either IRL or fantasy down the road, either.

On 7/17/2019 at 3:08 PM, Italian_guy said:

Yeah that was a surprise, but with SBs being so barren a 2B that can put up a Rockies/Marlins era Juan Pierre statline is insanely valuable. If he's batting leadoff ahead of Moncada, Robert, and Eloy, just pencil him in for 110 runs. That said, I still feel his most likely outcome is utility INF 9-hitter. He'll still have value there, but I just can't get on board ranking him ahead of Lux, Kelenic, and Mize, just to name a few.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sleepysock said:

I have a hard time seeing Robert outside the top 3 at this point. He's putting up video game stats and is ML ready unlike the 2 guys who I could see an argument for being ahead of him (Wander and Adell). In roughly half a season, .360+, 21 HR, 32 SB, and now a 1.600+ OPS in AAA. On top of that he has a + glove in CF. He's a better all-around prospect IMO than the guys who were #1 going into the last three seasons (Yoan, Benintendi and Vladdy) and probably on the same level as FTJ who has the highest ceiling of the bunch. Neither Bichette nor Tucker is better now, and they don't project to be better either IRL or fantasy down the road, either.

When you throw in the steals I could see putting Robert ahead of Beni and Moncada.  But I can't put him ahead of Vlad.

2 hours ago, 96mnc said:

When you throw in the steals I could see putting Robert ahead of Beni and Moncada.  But I can't put him ahead of Vlad. 

I can only see Vladdy being a better fantasy asset in BA and maybe home runs. But his advantage there should be nearly insignificant. It's not like he'll hit 330 with 45 bombs to Robert's 255 with 20 bombs. I think they'll be about 20 points apart in BA and 5-10 in HR. RBI should be a wash. Runs as well. SB, however, tip it all in LuBob's favor. Whether he's a 25 SB guy or 50 SB guy, it will make him a stud a la Acuna or Lindor or Story or Turner. Vladdy would have to max out and become Miggy-esque to be clearly better. Only two of the top 15 hitters last year had fewer than 10 steals. Eight of 15 had 20 or more.

49 minutes ago, Overlord said:

Nick Madrigal over Gavin Lux?

*closes link, doesn't bother to read further*

Terrible.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sleepysock said:

I can only see Vladdy being a better fantasy asset in BA and maybe home runs. But his advantage there should be nearly insignificant. It's not like he'll hit 330 with 45 bombs to Robert's 255 with 20 bombs. I think they'll be about 20 points apart in BA and 5-10 in HR. RBI should be a wash. Runs as well. SB, however, tip it all in LuBob's favor. Whether he's a 25 SB guy or 50 SB guy, it will make him a stud a la Acuna or Lindor or Story or Turner. Vladdy would have to max out and become Miggy-esque to be clearly better. Only two of the top 15 hitters last year had fewer than 10 steals. Eight of 15 had 20 or more.

I do think vlad is miggy-esque.