Simsanityy179

Rotoworld Summer Mock Draft (H2H) 2019-2020: Discussion Thread

Rules and guidelines:

- Post the current round only. Well slap together and post the entire draft upon completion.

- League settings: 12-Team roto, 9-cat (PTS, REB, AST, 3PM, STL, BLK, FG%, FT%, TO).

- Drafting hours are Monday through Friday, from 8am PST/ 11am EST to 6pm PST/ 9pm EST. You get 3 hours on the clock (OTC) before a pick will be made for you. On weekends, this time frame will be extended to 6 hours. If you are unable to make a pick within your allotted time, an auto-pick will be made for you.

- You are obligated to make picks, if OTC, during drafting hours. Picks may be made outside of this time frame but aren't mandatory. You will be subject to replacement for too many auto-picks.

- If you are going to be OTC soon (e.g. 2-3 picks away) and know you will be away, leave a pick queue (e.g. 3-4 players) or target list with another drafting member who can't snipe you. If you don't know who to leave this list with, post on this thread your need to leave a list.

- After making your pick, you must private message (PM) the next GM, who is now OTC.

- This is a snake draft, so post accordingly and turn drafters pick twice.

The format below should be used for each pick:

Round 1:

1. Player A

Team (forum member name here):

PG:

SG:

G:

SF:

PF: Player A (1.1)

F:

C

C

UT:

UT:

Bench:

Bench:

Bench:

Can  we use this for discussion?   Hinkie's picking KAT at #1  is shrewd move  imo

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Can  we use this for discussion?   Hinkie's picking KAT at #1  is shrewd move  imo

I wouldn’t do it , Especially not in H2H

Why not, Kat is iron man and all these players can have load management during crunch time for h2h playoffs

I wouldn't do it personally but if you throw out Harden/PG13 bc you think they will regress then KAT is #1 in totals.

Autodraft on the second pick of the first round?  lol

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Ajax said:

Autodraft on the second pick of the first round?  lol

My bad, the order was posted and draft started 4am in my place.

Posted (edited)

This has been going at a snail's pace to start. Unusual for this forum.

Edited by RedRaider27

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

time for autopick?

Yeah, I messaged him but he hasn’t responded.  It’s funny bc he’s usually good about this.  I think it’s PG13.

Edited by StifleTower2

I went ahead and selected Giannis as he was going to be picked at 5 anyway. If swedes comes back and wants his spot back he can have it, I'm just trying to keep the ball rolling for you guys lol. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

1. Only 5 missed games the past 4 years

2. No load management worries

3. No Jimmy Butler

I’ll take Kat anywhere I can this year

• Like 4

Picked Dame bc of the reasonable candidates he is the most durable and has had the most consistent first round value.  Also, he's the easiest to build around in H2H given that his value is polarized across points, threes, assists, FT%.  Easy to punt cats or pick up a complimentary player.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Picked Dame bc of the reasonable candidates he is the most durable and has had the most consistent first round value.  Also, he's the easiest to build around in H2H given that his value is polarized across points, threes, assists, FT%.  Easy to punt cats or pick up a complimentary player.

Interesting. Theres only 1 guy I can think of that I would take at this spot over Dame. You must be drinking the Mike Gall “grab a PG early” juice

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BetterCallHinkie said:

Interesting. Theres only 1 guy I can think of that I would take at this spot over Dame. You must be drinking the Mike Gall “grab a PG early” juice

If it's H2H and I don't know who to pick I'll fiddle with the punt metrics until I find a player that fits a punt build, in this case a player who ranks top 6 in a punt build.  I'd rather have a player with more polarized value bc I think that's easier to build around.

• Like 1

I got to run, I'm on deck I will send my list of 2 to @stifletower2 and can you message the following owners after me???

The reason I select whoever I select is a combination of talent plus safety and my draft will start in rnd 2 with more reasoning as to why I'm pairing so and so to so and so.

This draft is an embarrassment and dumpster fire of a disaster. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I wasn't sure with the #7 pick. Basically two factors decided: Jokic still has some room for improvement plus assists from center. One could say Jokic is better for roto but having so many options available for start is never a bad thing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

This draft is an embarrassment and dumpster fire of a disaster. 

LOL this might last 3 weeks

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

i have dame as well at 6th. in my opinion, top 5 is an easy choice.

• Like 1