FFCollusion

Emmanuel Sanders 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, miasma16 said:

Sounds like where he's "rated" is extremely appropriate. He's coming off an Achilles. I'm going to be worried about my investment until the season is over.

Nah. He's being drafted as WR33. If healthy he will finish inside the top-20. Only reason to worry over him is if he's your WR2 or something. As a FLEX/WR3 he's a key cog to a great fantasy team. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jetdog16 said:

Nah. He's being drafted as WR33. If healthy he will finish inside the top-20. Only reason to worry over him is if he's your WR2 or something. As a FLEX/WR3 he's a key cog to a great fantasy team. 

And if he's not, he won't. Whether or not he's the biggest health risk of anybody getting taken in fantasy drafts, he certainly objectively has the scariest injury that he's trying to recover from. His ADP is perfectly fine.

Dude was putting up borderline WR1 numbers pre injury. Wouldn't surprise me if he does that this year. In fact, that's my expectation given better defense and QB.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

And if he's not, he won't. Whether or not he's the biggest health risk of anybody getting taken in fantasy drafts, he certainly objectively has the scariest injury that he's trying to recover from. His ADP is perfectly fine.

I believe that you're buying into the hype around achilles injuries. It's a terrible injury but there's plenty of precedent for WR's returning afterwards. 

Michael Crabtree in 2013, Demaryius Thomas in 2011, Steve Smith in 2015, Chris Conley in 2017. All of them returned by the next season and none of them dealt with significant injury. Far from a slam dunk, but that hardly exists in fantasy football. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jetdog16 said:

Absolute steal as wr33.   He stirs the Broncos drink on offense. 

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jetdog16 said:

I believe that you're buying into the hype around achilles injuries. It's a terrible injury but there's plenty of precedent for WR's returning afterwards. 

Michael Crabtree in 2013, Demaryius Thomas in 2011, Steve Smith in 2015, Chris Conley in 2017. All of them returned by the next season and none of them dealt with significant injury. Far from a slam dunk, but that hardly exists in fantasy football. 

Believe it was ESPN that actually did a podcast on the subject (i.e. the medical advancements in repairing achilles injuries). I couldn't get through it, but from what I heard it sounds like they've come a long way in treating the injury.

I couldn't really watch the game, but Sanders' box score looks very very encouraging; mid to high end WR2?

So, did anyone actually see the game and shed any info on how he looked on field? Was Sanders a first read often? Was the O-line keeping Flacco clean enough to enable passing to our guy?  Is the run game from Denver decent enough to ensure pass game isn't their only option?  Red zone usage?  Any details would be appreciated!

Edited by jonasdash

1 minute ago, jonasdash said:

I couldn't really watch the game, but Sanders' box score looks very very encouraging; high end WR2 or low WR1 possible.  

So, did anyone actually see the game and shed any info on how he looked on field? Was Sanders a first read often? Was the O-line keeping Flacco clean enough to enable passing to our guy?  Is the run game from Denver decent enough to ensure pass game isn't their only option?  Red zone usage?  Any details would be appreciated!

Sutton was the target hog all night. Sanders came on late in the 3rd and 4th. Caught a late redzone target.

18 minutes ago, Newtown said:

Sutton was the target hog all night. Sanders came on late in the 3rd and 4th. Caught a late redzone target.

Ugh, I hate to hear that.  Looks from the scoring that the Broncos played like dogsh*t early until Sanders came on... so maybe this will lead to some more balanced targeting.   

Sanders is a hold but not a reliable start for me, for now.  

5 hours ago, jonasdash said:

Ugh, I hate to hear that.  Looks from the scoring that the Broncos played like dogsh*t early until Sanders came on... so maybe this will lead to some more balanced targeting.   

Sanders is a hold but not a reliable start for me, for now.  

Double coverage most of the first half.  

Denver demonstrating other weapons need to be accounted for will loosen things up.    Good score for manny week 1 considering.   

• Like 5

10 hours ago, jonasdash said:

I couldn't really watch the game, but Sanders' box score looks very very encouraging; mid to high end WR2?

Sutton did get more targets in the first half / first three quarters of the game because it was blatantly clear that the Raiders did not want Emmanuel Sanders to beat them. They had a safety assigned to help the corner cover him and showed it on multiple replays. I believe that Gareon Conley getting a scary neck injury and having to leave the game in the 2nd half might have also helped Sanders get some better looks when he came alive in the late third/fourth quarters. However, it's not like Sanders hadn't gotten open on a few different occasions. Early on in the game, Flacco did not even look in Sanders direction. He had 1 catch for 6 yards on 2 targets at halftime, and those two targets came on the 2 minute drill right before halftime. Despite Sanders only having 2 targets at that point, he was open on a few different plays but Flacco just didnt look his way.

Do with this information what you will, but I went from being incredibly frustrated watching the game live as a Sanders owner to now being conflicted as to what to do, mainly because there are some hot waiver wire names available that won't be there later. Tough decision to make on Sanders after one week, but I think/hope they'll review the tape and figure things out a bit better to help him and the offense succeed. The offense looked way better in the second half, probably not coincidentally as Lindsay/Sanders were more involved, and Sutton still was involved as well. 

I think he looked pretty good though, especially considering he's coming off an achilles injury. Have to make a decision on who to drop though for a claim on the hot waiver wire WRs out there. Flacco doesnt exactly inspire confidence but they couldnt have got off to a much worse start and Sanders salvaged his stat line in seemingly less than one half of involvement. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

Sutton did get more targets in the first half / first three quarters of the game because it was blatantly clear that the Raiders did not want Emmanuel Sanders to beat them. They had a safety assigned to help the corner cover him and showed it on multiple replays. I believe that Gareon Conley getting a scary neck injury and having to leave the game in the 2nd half might have also helped Sanders get some better looks when he came alive in the late third/fourth quarters. However, it's not like Sanders hadn't gotten open on a few different occasions. Early on in the game, Flacco did not even look in Sanders direction. He had 1 catch for 6 yards on 2 targets at halftime, and those two targets came on the 2 minute drill right before halftime. Despite Sanders only having 2 targets at that point, he was open on a few different plays but Flacco just didnt look his way.

Do with this information what you will, but I went from being incredibly frustrated watching the game live as a Sanders owner to now being conflicted as to what to do, mainly because there are some hot waiver wire names available that won't be there later. Tough decision to make on Sanders after one week, but I think/hope they'll review the tape and figure things out a bit better to help him and the offense succeed. The offense looked way better in the second half, probably not coincidentally as Lindsay/Sanders were more involved, and Sutton still was involved as well. 

I think he looked pretty good though, especially considering he's coming off an achilles injury. Have to make a decision on who to drop though for a claim on the hot waiver wire WRs out there. Flacco doesnt exactly inspire confidence but they couldnt have got off to a much worse start and Sanders salvaged his stat line in seemingly less than one half of involvement. 

Good observations-  I can’t see dropping Sanders in any format tho.   This was about the least he can be involved-  and they were BAD on offense until that point.   

I got the impression the coaches didn’t want Flacco to throw into heavier coverage-  and Sutton was dominating his matchup.

Next week the Bears are in town 😬.  Tough-  but heavy passing script likely.   Jawuan James and Leary out will dictate shorter passes and RAC.    Sanders is a good play. 

I don't like Sanders as a play next week.  They'll probably go pass heavy but Flacco will be under siege all game, just like Rodgers was.  I fail to see him having success when ARod couldn't against that D.  Wouldn't be surprised if Flacco throws for less than 200 yards that game.

17 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

I don't like Sanders as a play next week.  They'll probably go pass heavy but Flacco will be under siege all game, just like Rodgers was.  I fail to see him having success when ARod couldn't against that D.  Wouldn't be surprised if Flacco throws for less than 200 yards that game.

Denver is 26-4 in home owners over the last 30 years, and 17-1 over the last 18.    The bears just scored 3 points at home.   Sanders is going to have double digit targets next week I’d bet.    He’s a start. 

Edited by Impreza178

Manny looked good last night. Certainly healthy, and was productive when given targets. The concern now would be Sutton's emergence as the top target + a questionable Broncos passing attack. Found an interesting quote from the other week:

Sanders said Flacco is comparable to former Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning in at least one category.

“Flacco’s a baller," Sanders told reporters Monday. He’s a baller, probably one of my favorite quarterbacks of all-time. Him and Peyton, they’re close, neck and neck. I’m looking forward to going out on Sundays and competing with him week-in-and-week-out because I know what type of guy he is. I know the type of energy he’s going to bring and I know he’s going to be consistent with his personality because I just know it just hanging out with him.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/broncos-emmanuel-sanders-on-joe-flacco-hes-one-of-my-favorite-quarterbacks-of-all-time/1xw8rvrjgfh571pq8ytv6cln5f

15 hours ago, Newtown said:

Some key points to note for Sanders owners:

Sutton becoming a threat isn't necessarily a bad thing. If this is a 1A and 1B situation, at least the defense will respect Sutton enough where they will play Sanders straight up instead of double teaming him for a good portion of the game like the Raiders did. Hopefully, Sutton impressed the Bears enough that they will take him seriously in week 2 allowing Sanders some room to operate lol.

Sanders looked fast. Sanders looked healthy. Probably would've had another long TD if the throw was better from Flacco and the dirt wasn't there.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 1

Will everyone just relax.  Sanders' most successful years of his career, were playing next to Demaryius Thomas.
#1, #2...

Jacket.png

• Like 1

On 9/10/2019 at 6:46 PM, FFCollusion said:

Will everyone just relax.  Sanders' most successful years of his career, were playing next to Demaryius Thomas.
#1, #2...

Jacket.png

Sanders has played in 2 games with Flacco:

Game 1 (Preseason),- They connected on a long 40+ yard pass play (called back on a penalty) 

Game 2 (Game 1 of Season) They connected on  pass play for 50+ yards. 

You add the big play threat to Sanders  and his great work underneath and you have the potential for a stud this year. Sutton may emerge, but Flacco seems like the kind of old school vet that will love to feed a guy like Sanders. 

It's also interesting to note that Sanders production spiked after Flacco hit Desean Hamilton for what should have been a TD but he dropped it. From that point on it was the Sanders show. 

Edited by wideopen21
  • Like 2

There seems to be a point with every one of Sanders' QBs where they suddenly realize he can catch pretty much any pass they throw in his general direction. I just hope that his achilles holds up. I'm fading him this week though - that Bears D have shut down better QBs and WRs already this season, let alone last.