street sharks

Voit + pitcher = Arenado WHIR

Posted (edited)

I'll trade to make this as easily digestible as possible

I'm trying to acquire Arenado. The guy wants Voit and a pitcher

My current rotation: Scherzer, Morton, Ryu, Bauer, Caleb, Boyd, Lynn, Miley

It's a 10 team roto league with K/9 and quality starts

My categorical standings: ERA (1st), WHIP (2nd), QS (1st), K (1st), K/9 (2nd)

I'm currently in 2nd place

The guy in 1st place is ahead of me in WHIP and K/9, and directly behind me in ERA, QS, and K 

Basically we're neck and neck everywhere

For context here's his starters: Verlander, Sale, Ray, Buehler, German, Paddack, Hill, Cease (streamer probably)

What pitcher could I afford to lose keeping my ratios and k's in mind?

• He doesn't want Caleb, Boyd, Lynn or Miley (can't blame him)

• He knows I won't give him Scherzer. I think he wants Morton, but I'd prefer to give him either Ryu or Bauer

Downsides of trading Bauer

• The amount of K's he amasses pitching late into games (I'd pick up a RP to help with extra strikeouts)

• He's near the top of the leaderboards in QS, because he pitches so deep into games

Downsides of trading Ryu

• He's literally been the anchor to my rotation so far ratio-wise and I'm slightly terrified of how my ratios will look without him

• Like Bauer he's near the top of the leaderboards in QS, not because he pitches deep but because he's efficient

Downsides of trading Morton

• The strikeouts and ratios he provides. He's basically been a combination of Ryu and Bauer in that regard

Of those three pitchers, who would you feel most comfortable letting go in my current situation?

Edited by street sharks

I would deal Morton. He is expected to see some more time off between starts and though I think he is a better pitcher than Bauer, that unpredictability and injury risk should be considered. My second choice would be Bauer and I would keep Ryu even though I expect some regression from him (should be great still)

• Like 1

You can't beat him in Whip and probably not ERA. You need to win the K cats and QS and make sure arenado is offsetting or hopefully gaining you overall points in the deal. 

I'd deal Ryu for the fact you need K guys and accept his pitching is very good ratio wise

• Like 1

ERA and WHIP are not out of reach but tough to get for you IMO.

I like the idea above of dealing Ryu. Voit and Ryu are just a few $ over Arenado IMO, I would try that.

You might even be able to get another little piece in return, a 2-2 deal

• Like 1

I would most likely go Bauer or Morton if that will land you Arendado.  It's tough to lose those kind of K's, but Arenado is a monster and can easily anchor an offense.  Sounds like a pretty fair deal to me.  Good luck.

Help with mine?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CraftyRighty said:

ERA and WHIP are not out of reach but tough to get for you IMO.

I like the idea above of dealing Ryu. Voit and Ryu are just a few $ over Arenado IMO, I would try that.

You might even be able to get another little piece in return, a 2-2 deal

8 hours ago, zstlj said:

You can't beat him in Whip and probably not ERA. You need to win the K cats and QS and make sure arenado is offsetting or hopefully gaining you overall points in the deal. 

I'd deal Ryu for the fact you need K guys and accept his pitching is very good ratio wise

I should've mentioned that while we're 1st and 2nd in all those pitching categories, I have quite a lead on him in ERA and QS

spacer.png

I think Verlander is due for some regression and with Sale's struggles, who knows if he ever fully clicks this season.

Idk if that changes your opinions on who I should trade, but I thought it was worth bringing up

• Thanks 1

I would go with Morton.  I just think he's too susceptible to injury.  Plus, I don't think your numbers will take too much of a hit if you trade him away.

Thanks for the help!

• Like 1

I’d go with Morton or argue. Offer each with Voit and see which deal he takes.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mocha4313 said:

I would deal Morton. He is expected to see some more time off between starts and though I think he is a better pitcher than Bauer, that unpredictability and injury risk should be considered. My second choice would be Bauer and I would keep Ryu even though I expect some regression from him (should be great still)

Agree with 100%. Morton would be my first choice and Bauer would be my 2nd. The only thing I worry about with Ryu is the Dodgers giving him some rest in the second half since they have such a big lead. 

• Like 1

I would deal any pitcher other than Scherzer plus Voit to get him.

• Like 1

First keep Voit on ya team, then move Max S for Thin air straight up. 

• Like 1