Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

7/20 - GAME DAY THREAD

Just now, BMcP said:

Has Tanaka broken a sweat yet?

Doesn't look like it, although it might help the fact that he's probably been in the air conditioning longer than he's been on the mound.  47 pitches through 5 innings.

He could likely finish the game if they want to give their bullpen a rest even though it's a blowout.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Very interesting you bring this up. I was watching the Yankees last night, and the commentators for the game was talking about how the Yankees keep their club house ice cold ( I guess the cool air makes into the dugout) and really don't feel much of the heat until they go on the field. A HUGE heat wave right now up North and in the Midwest is the reason I assume this was discussed.

• Like 1

Rox now scoring, except they're so far down does it matter. Some quality pitching, hell mediocre pitching would have been nice for Colorado.

41 minutes ago, mehtavg2000 said:

Arenado has been extremely pedestrian this month.  

he heard you.  3 run blast

20 minutes ago, BMcP said:

he is now

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Tanaka falling apart like a cheap suit. 

meh, its not like hes the first pitcher Arenado has bested

Tanaka still sucks

Just now, jfazz23 said:

meh, its not like hes the first pitcher Arenado has bested

Of course not, but Tanaka was on cruise control. Not even going to get a QS now. Thank goodness for Judge, Torres, and Encarnacion. 

Tanaka...  Really?

You're still going to get the win, but damn, didn't have to blow up...

Almora and Russell have no business getting playing time at the major league level.

Must be awful to pitch in this heat 

• Like 1

I guess I'm going to be the one to stoop to this today...

F U Tanaka.  Pathetic...

Just now, BMcP said:

Must be awful to pitch like Tanaka

Sounds about right.  Agreed...

2 minutes ago, Baseball Jonze said:

With the heat you'd think you'd use an opener, and then have your "starter" go 4-5 tops. 

Why would anyone think that?

2 minutes ago, Baseball Jonze said:

With the heat you'd think you'd use an opener, and then have your "starter" go 4-5 tops. 

I hear you on that, but I don’t think it’s wise for Tanaka to get out of rhythm

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Baseball Jonze said:

Not an awful idea, but in the case of Tanaka, I'm not going to use the heat as an excuse.  He had several innings where he was sitting in an air conditioned clubhouse (I'd assume he went there in between innings) longer than he was on the mound.  He just went out there and proceeded to turn a dominant performance into a giant turd, one that will start to stink even worse given the heat.

"Guys, it's Tanaka Turd time!"  "Again?  Man, why'd he have to do it on a day like today?  It's going to smell so bad!"

Edited by KilloWertz
  • Haha 1

Judge was taken out in 6th because of the extreme heat and the 9-0 (at the time) score.  According to Twitter.

• Thanks 1

Trevor Storys evolution as a hitter is one of the most surprising things I've seen in a long time. He went from a windmill to a legitimately competent hitter in 3 years.  I didn't doubt the power, speed combo but I also didn't think he would ever overcome his K rate issues. Glad to be wrong on him. 

41 minutes ago, treat88 said:

Trevor Storys evolution as a hitter is one of the most surprising things I've seen in a long time. He went from a windmill to a legitimately competent hitter in 3 years.  I didn't doubt the power, speed combo but I also didn't think he would ever overcome his K rate issues. Glad to be wrong on him. 

It's really amazing anyone could ever improve. This may be the first time this has ever happened. LOL. Hey treat88, take no offense at all, I am just salty over so many over-reactions I've seen on young players in slumps. Your point is a great one, Story has really made himself into a great overall player, after as  you state, some questions at the start. 

4 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

It's really amazing anyone could ever improve. This may be the first time this has ever happened. LOL. Hey treat88, take no offense at all, I am just salty over so many over-reactions I've seen on young players in slumps. Your point is a great one, Story has really made himself into a great overall player, after as  you state, some questions at the start. 

People in here put about 10 times as much stock into K:BB rate as they should. There are a ton of fantasy superstars that strike out a lot, or guys that used to strike out a lot that have lowered their rates. Look at Bellinger.