Sign in to follow this  
ASHLANDARROWS1992

Nelly Cruz - trey Mancini deal

Team in sig - 6x6 13 team roto (ops and k/9)...currently in 1st place but it is very close..

I can use help in hrs, rbis, ops, wins and k”s and can afford to deal a closer.

i am 11 saves up as the leader over 2nd place and have rostered (Jansen, hand, kimbrel, Kennedy, hunter Strickland and just picked up Chris martin as spec saves in Texas with Shawn kelly hurt today warming up.

would you make this deal, and if so, which one of the starting pitchers of my choice?

i give..Mancini and kenley jensen

i get...nelly Cruz and 1 of these ( Robby ray, mike minor or Jake Odorizzi)

I would probably do Mancini/Jansen for Cruz/Minor. 

I’d do it and get odorizzi.  He’s going to pitch a lot of games against the garbage AL Central and be a large favorite in nearly every game he does so.

• Like 1

Keep the crab cake, just move Hollywood for the gopher state straight up. 

7 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Taking a look at IF rotations stay the course, Odorizzi for sure has easiest schedule, minors looks pretty rough

FWIW

I honestly like Mancini over Cruz. I can't stand Odorizzi stay away. I do like Minor out of the arms you mentioned. 

Hell yes. Especially with the deadline coming up, you'll be able to get a closer or two for free. If you can handle the WHIP damage Ray will inevitably do, I'd take him and Cruz

• Like 1

I am more of a points league guy, but I think the Kenley should fetch a bit better bat--when you are also dealing Mancini...

I personally do not trust Ray and not a ton of trust in Odo either, I think Minor has shown the most possible sustainability and could really take it up a notch if a deal moves him to a top contender.

I know it is not the straightest of answers but I guess I'd shop around a bit harder, but it would not be a bad deal considering your respective place in saves!

• Like 1

Honestly I think I would hold tight. I'm not too excited about any of those pitchers enough. If you really do like the deal though, I would go for Odorizzi.

10 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I am more of a points league guy, but I think the Kenley should fetch a bit better bat--when you are also dealing Mancini...

I personally do not trust Ray and not a ton of trust in Odo either, I think Minor has shown the most possible sustainability and could really take it up a notch if a deal moves him to a top contender.

I know it is not the straightest of answers but I guess I'd shop around a bit harder, but it would not be a bad deal considering your respective place in saves!

Given my needs and catagories I can move up in,( and not drop on top of that) is the reason I like Cruz over Mancini for the ROS..and our trade  deadline is in 2 days and I sent a leaguewide email a week ago trying to move a closer and only a couple teams interested, and this was the best offer 

If your deadline is in 2 days, that changes things a lot...mine's on the 31st. In that case, I'd go Odorizzi if you're leaning towards yes. Should have the easiest schedule. Minor worries me....workload more than anything

I would pass

None of those 3 pitchers have a good fip

Odorizzi if I had to pick

2 minutes ago, nlm said:

If your deadline is in 2 days, that changes things a lot...mine's on the 31st. In that case, I'd go Odorizzi if you're leaning towards yes. Should have the easiest schedule. Minor worries me....workload more than anything

Leaning toward yes because I am wanting to deal my strength (closers/saves) for areas I need help in

Just now, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Leaning toward yes because I am wanting to deal my strength (closers/saves) for areas I need help in

Does he have any other sp that are in the same tier? 

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Hell yes. Especially with the deadline coming up, you'll be able to get a closer or two for free. If you can handle the WHIP damage Ray will inevitably do, I'd take him and Cruz

Yeah, if you can afford the damage that will come with Ray's strikeouts, this is the deal I like best. The wins aren't easy to project a clear winner so I'd go Ray and call it a day. I'm not thrilled with the deal, but sometimes the best you can get is kind of meh but it still improves your team slightly.

Edited by AnonymousRob

Considering your situation I'd go w/Odorizzi. You're risking stuff but you have to to gain stuff, and Odorizzi is legit imo.