Sign in to follow this  
dudewithabadcat

Rex Burkhead 2019 Outlook

8 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Pretty flexworthy this week, he's playing

But for how long is the question. He's a little banged up and doesn't exactly have a sparkling history of staying healthy.

Think I'm benching for Darrell Williams.

I'm actually worried about this toe injury.  I don't think his terrible game last week had anything to do with the game plan or how the game went, etc.  I think that his toe was bad enough that the staff wanted to keep him off the field as much as possible.  Otherwise, I think last week would have been a great Burkhead week.  I'm keeping him benched for the meantime until we see how this injury goes.  

54 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

This will be a Rex week.

I own Rex and I don't think so.

Think they will continue to try and Get S. Michel rolling and the offensive line gelling. They can afford to do so against this WASH D. 

Not to mention, he may be banged up still. 

Wouldn't surprise me if we already saw his best game a couple weeks ago. 

Yahoo is currently projecting him to be the devil on Sunday.
spacer.png

• Haha 3

Yeah, I spent a not insignificant amount of FAAB on this guy to acquire him out of panic when Saquon got injured. Despite knowing his penchant for always being injured. Looks like some things never change. May swallow my pride, cut my losses, and just move on. The appeal of him was as a double handcuff to Michel and Whote. But won’t help if he’s not healthy himself. Ask the Hoodie’s unexplainable commitment to sucky Sony is not encouraging.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CooL said:

The appeal of him was as a double handcuff to Michel and Whote. 

When I picture my own personal hell, it’s an eternity where it’s always 12:45pm on football Sunday and I own three pieces of the Pats backfield.

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Rex...bro...get healthy my man.....huge opportunities await you if you get healthy.  We need you. We want you.  We love you. 

^ this. 

Michel is the most uninspiring rb in the leeg - lotta meat on that bone for #sexyRexy if he can get straight. 

• Like 1

On 10/5/2019 at 4:33 PM, WayneFontes said:

Drop 

Terrible idea. Wish you were in my league so I could grab him and drop Sony 

7 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

Terrible idea. Wish you were in my league so I could grab him and drop Sony 

Is it though?  Do you really see them going away from Michel?  Even if they do, Brandon Bolden would be active.  So it will always be a three headed roulette committee of Rex, Sony/Bolden, and White.  Not to mention greedy Tom Brady trying to steal all the cheap TDs he can because he knows he can't throw for any.

10 minutes ago, CooL said:

Is it though?  Do you really see them going away from Michel?  Even if they do, Brandon Bolden would be active.  So it will always be a three headed roulette committee of Rex, Sony/Bolden, and White.  Not to mention greedy Tom Brady trying to steal all the cheap TDs he can because he knows he can't throw for any.

I do.

He's not getting it done. Michel also has more of a patient running style and I don't think it's working well with the current makeshift offensive line.

BB putting Bolden in last night and Brady doing 2 sneaks was damning. 

If Rex was active he would have gotten the ball.

They need to get this offense going. I would bet that both Rex and D. Harris get more shots come next week. Bill isn't going to tolerate this.

2 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

I do.

He's not getting it done. Michel also has more of a patient running style and I don't think it's working well with the current makeshift offensive line.

BB putting Bolden in last night and Brady doing 2 sneaks was damning. 

If Rex was active he would have gotten the ball.

They need to get this offense going. I would bet that both Rex and D. Harris get more shots come next week. Bill isn't going to tolerate this.

Possible.  But we're also forgetting about Damien Harris.  How would he fit into this mix?  Bolden inactive then?

It's hard trying to figure out the pecking order here.  Each RB I suppose has a role like on any team.  Rex is kind of a hybrid so it's hard to know where he falls.  I hate that you'd have to guess if it's a "Rex game", "James White game", "Michel game" based on opponent and presumed gameplan.

Bolden is lowkey the best all-around RB on the team

and I have hated Bolden since his first stint with the Pats

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CooL said:

Bill for whatever reason likes and trusts Rex. That alone is enough for me he. If I had the choice and both are active I’m playing Rex over Sony ten times out of ten at this point.

6 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

Bill for whatever reason likes and trusts Rex. That alone is enough for me he. If I had the choice and both are active I’m playing Rex over Sony ten times out of ten at this point.

::cosign::

i go one further, #sexyRexy woulda had two TDs last night

Image result for belichick lets party

Just noticed Rex was droped ,  I havent followed him much this year, how do you guys see him producing ROS?

Edited by mlrush

1 hour ago, mlrush said:

Just noticed Rex was droped ,  I havent followed him much this year, how do you guys see him producing ROS?

Pats dropped him????

You guys convinced me to keep holding him. Let's go! I heard he's a Swiss army knife and that's why people don't want to tackle him.