Sign in to follow this  
murraygd13

Anthony Santander 2019 Outlook

Santander has quietly been producing well over the last month.  Orioles dumped Broxton, so not much competition for playing time.  Could be useful in AL only league or deep leagues.

1 minute ago, murraygd13 said:

Santander has quietly been producing well over the last month.  Orioles dumped Broxton, so not much competition for playing time.  Could be useful in AL only league or deep leagues.

Embarrassing this hideous loser was standing in anyone’s way.  But I agree, he’s been solid.  He should play everyday rest of season to see what he can do.  Good matchups from here through beginning of August also. 

I picked this dude up as an injury replacement about a month ago and hes hit .339 with a .968 OPS. Does anyone know if he made any kind of swing change? I havent been able to find anything other than reports that he showed up in spring in great shape.

• Like 1

I saw an article a few weeks back saying he had one of the highest (maybe the highest) average exit velocity since the all-star break. He's been hitting the ball HARD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/13/2019 at 6:08 AM, bradwatson said:

I saw an article a few weeks back saying he had one of the highest (maybe the highest) average exit velocity since the all-star break. He's been hitting the ball HARD.

Unfortunately since this post he is in a nosedive - 1-19.

• Like 1

Anybody got a little more insight on this guy?? Looking for an ohtani upgrade for playoffs, Santanders last 2 weeks numbers look great but 90% of that has come this past week. Worried he just had a few good games. 

34 minutes ago, mmcc1029 said:

Anybody got a little more insight on this guy?? Looking for an ohtani upgrade for playoffs, Santanders last 2 weeks numbers look great but 90% of that has come this past week. Worried he just had a few good games. 

Has feasted on garbage KC pitching. Looking at the pitchers he gets next week only Minor is kinda tough. Just an insanely streaky hitter.

• Thanks 1

Picked this guy up on July 1st in a 16 teamer, has truly been a godsend to my roto squad.

On the year batting .291 with 16 HRs and 47 RBIs in 296 ABs. As a .270 career minor leaguer, are there signs that the breakout this year is for real?

Dude just hit his 20th bomb. Trying to decide on his value going forward. Breakout for real? Probably just the new MLB environment helping him.