Chrizz

Jrue Holiday 2019-2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

The ball was in Lonzos hands a lot this pre season...... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NoHablaIngles said:

Looks like he will begin the year as the starting SF given Zion’s injury. What are the chances he gets the position eligibility in Yahoo? How do they determine when to add the extra position?

I think it's a certain amount of minutes and/or starts at the position. I've seen polls put up in the past where we could vote for yahoo to give the eligibility, so hopefully after a few games starting/playing at SF we can vote for the SF addition.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Elzhi said:

I picked him at 15 and now worried that was too high. 

 

It might be low. Could see a case for him bring taken as early as 8. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Jrue and his game, but I'll be looking to sell high especially during the Zion-less stretch. Not very optimistic with Pels fighting for a playoff spot. Would love to be proven wrong though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jrue avg like 7 or 8 assists last year. Lonzo having the ball will knock that down to 4ish and you will probably see slightly less to and slightly higher fg%. He's not going to be what he was last year, especially when zion comes back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

Jrue avg like 7 or 8 assists last year. Lonzo having the ball will knock that down to 4ish and you will probably see slightly less to and slightly higher fg%. He's not going to be what he was last year, especially when zion comes back. 

So your prediction is less production with Anthony Davis, elfrid Payton, Julius randle and Mirotić gone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Packerguy55 said:

So your prediction is less production with Anthony Davis, elfrid Payton, Julius randle and Mirotić gone?

In assist if you were reading. Besides that, Lonzo more makes up for Payton, Ingram makes up for Randle and zion wont make up for AD but hes gonna get his. So yes, in assists, like I said, yes. He went for $35 in my 250 auction. 

Edited by johnval1362

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, NoHablaIngles said:

Looks like he will begin the year as the starting SF given Zion’s injury. What are the chances he gets the position eligibility in Yahoo? How do they determine when to add the extra position?

I think he might “play SF” but my guess is that they’re more likely to give Redick SF than Jrue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

In assist if you were reading. Besides that, Lonzo more makes up for Payton, Ingram makes up for Randle and zion wont make up for AD but hes gonna get his. So yes, in assists, like I said, yes. He went for $35 in my 250 auction. 

Lol. you said he will average 4 assists. where can I bet the Over?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Packerguy55 said:

Lol. you said he will average 4 assists. where can I bet the Over?

His preseason numbers so far are 15 pts 3.8 asts and 2.5 rbs in 20 mins. Equivilate that to 30 min and you have 5 assists low 20s pts and bad rbs. Not that preseason matters all that much but he said he will focused on scoring this year above all else. Maybe he gets to 5 assists but won't be near his 7/8 assist from last year unless lonzo goes down. His value drops this year. 

Edited by johnval1362

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lonzo got ligament damage in ankles according to Alan Foster... 😴 but that dude seems crazy AF...
Either way Lonzo averages less than 50 games a year, I think Jrue should be fine for Top 25 value and possibly reaches his ADP. I'm not sure why he was rated so high but I grabbed him at the start of the 3rd round at pick 25 so I'm not too worried. It was either him, Westbrook or Mitchell (who I highly considered).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spent $38 bucks on him in my auction draft.  Starting to have a little regret after reading this thread.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not to worried about his ast numbers. It's been proven that a fast paced offense can have multiple ast men like Rockets with cp3 and harden, gsw with curry and draymond, to a lesser extent bron, rondo, and ball has decent ast numbers last year together. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20/5/5 is what I expect this year and that's his floor. I think people are forgetting that he is by far the best player on this roster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People sleeping on jrue holiday are funny...this is his team. Lonzo is gonna be injured within a few weeks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, johnval1362 said:

His preseason numbers so far are 15 pts 3.8 asts and 2.5 rbs in 20 mins. Equivilate that to 30 min and you have 5 assists low 20s pts and bad rbs. Not that preseason matters all that much but he said he will focused on scoring this year above all else. Maybe he gets to 5 assists but won't be near his 7/8 assist from last year unless lonzo goes down. His value drops this year. 

 

So the guy has averaged no less than 6 assists for the majority of his career.  Recently he has played with pass first PGs like Rondo and Payton, and still averaged between 6-7 assists.  David Griffin called this Jrue's team.  The Pelicans play really fast.  

And now Lonzo Ball is going to be the cause of him going down to "4 or maybe 5 assists?"  What?  Lonzo is a PG yes, but he isn't exactly a ball dominant player.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

 

So the guy has averaged no less than 6 assists for the majority of his career.  Recently he has played with pass first PGs like Rondo and Payton, and still averaged between 6-7 assists.  David Griffin called this Jrue's team.  The Pelicans play really fast.  

And now Lonzo Ball is going to be the cause of him going down to "4 or maybe 5 assists?"  What?  Lonzo is a PG yes, but he isn't exactly a ball dominant player.   

Hes definitely ball dominant... we can agree to disagree on that. He will be in NO. And holidays assists were inflated because he could simply throw the ball to AD and he would do an unstoppable fadeaway and get cheap undeserved assists the same way Draymond does with Durant. Holidays assists dont fully reflect his ability as a passer, lonzo is a better passer than holiday. Why in the world would you expect a PG switching to SG who says hes focused on scoring to maintain or not see a decrease in assists when a 7 ast a game guy is joining him who's passing is his best ability? It's inevitable.

Edited by johnval1362

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

Hes definitely ball dominant... we can agree to disagree on that. He will be in NO. And holidays assists were inflated because he could simply throw the ball to AD and he would do an unstoppable fadeaway and get cheap undeserved assists the same way Draymond does with Durant. Holidays assists dont fully reflect his ability as a passer, lonzo is a better passer than holiday. 

 

He can just throw the ball to Zion now assuming he comes back healthy. Draymond been getting assists since before KD and he'll get assists after KD as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, WhiskerFrisker said:

Y'all are making me nervous about my Jrue pick up. Should I sell high?

Nah he's a beast and one of the best two way players in the nba. Feel confident with your pick. Lonzo is getting overrated in this thread right now, and people are freaking out over pre season.

Just check his game log last year: https://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/3995/jrue-holiday

He's also a great passer:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, snerpy said:

 

He can just throw the ball to Zion now assuming he comes back healthy. Draymond been getting assists since before KD and he'll get assists after KD as well. 

Yeah but it's a lot easier to throw a lob to AD and have him do a fade away then to get into the position allowing a successful lob pass, even if its zion. Dray will eat, regardless. He has enough shooters around him to exceed his ADP. I think dray will make up for those Durant missed assists and even increases them because hes a great passer, playmaker and he will be in better shape. Holiday isn't Draymond, but I was using it as an example. I see dray increasing his asts this year regardless of the increase in difficulty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

Hes definitely ball dominant... we can agree to disagree on that. He will be in NO. And holidays assists were inflated because he could simply throw the ball to AD and he would do an unstoppable fadeaway and get cheap undeserved assists the same way Draymond does with Durant. Holidays assists dont fully reflect his ability as a passer, lonzo is a better passer than holiday. Why in the world would you expect a PG switching to SG who says hes focused on scoring to maintain or not see a decrease in assists when a 7 ast a game guy is joining him who's passing is his best ability? It's inevitable.

 

Inflated because he can "throw it to AD?" Huh?  Do you even watch Jrue Holiday play?  He has averaged 6-7 assists for the majority of his career - both on the Pelicans and 76ers.  It is not just because of AD.

Also, he switched to SG a few years ago.  That is not new for him.  Still averaged 6-7 assists. Focusing on scoring a little more is not going to torpedo his assists to 4.  Multiple people can handle the ball and get assists in a fast paced offense.

Lonzo definitely ball dominant? Have you watched Lonzo play in the NBA?  Passing is his best attribute and he is a better passer than Jrue, I will agree there.  But Jrue is not a bad passer and Lonzo is not ball dominant.  Again, Jrue has been doing this for a few years now with another  "7 assist passer on the team" and was fine.  His valuing dropping like you are suggesting is nowhere near "inevitable." 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, johnval1362 said:

His preseason numbers so far are 15 pts 3.8 asts and 2.5 rbs in 20 mins. Equivilate that to 30 min and you have 5 assists low 20s pts and bad rbs. Not that preseason matters all that much but he said he will focused on scoring this year above all else. Maybe he gets to 5 assists but won't be near his 7/8 assist from last year unless lonzo goes down. His value drops this year. 

 

so much wrong with this post but i lol'd at 3.8 x 1.5 = 5 assists.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NoHablaIngles said:

 

so much wrong with this post but i lol'd at 3.8 x 1.5 = 5 assists.

 

 

Ok you got me. 

Edited by johnval1362

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...