Chrizz

Jrue Holiday 2019-2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, greatestmetfan said:

20/5/5 is what I expect this year and that's his floor. I think people are forgetting that he is by far the best player on this roster.

New Orleans is also running at a crazy pace this year. Jrue likes playing off ball.

Lonzo makes his teammates better, Jrue will still get his assists through ball movement where Lonzo gets the "hockey assist".

Just because he doesnt have a big name, ppl will sleep on Jrue. Guy is a stud. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

Its a1/3 increase so its 3.8 × 1.33... not 1.5 

Your argument is flawed. Your math is also flawed.

30 mins/20 mins = 1.5

1 minute ago, NoHablaIngles said:

Your argument is flawed. Your math is also flawed.

30 mins/20 mins = 1.5

Ya I messed that up. Brings him to 5.7. He wont be the 7.7 he was last year but I did the math wrong. I stand corrected. 

3 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

you guys are hilarious. chill out, he's good. really good.

"You guys" is literally one guy with less than 250 posts to his name. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

Its a1/3 increase so its 3.8 × 1.33... not 1.5 

Preseason is irrelevant for proven all stars but if we're really trying to look close at it let's look at per 36 minute stats which is how may minutes he's played a game in back to back seasons.

2019 Preseason Per 36 stats: 25.9/6.5/4.3 on.548% shooting 2.6 threes and 2.6 steals

If he does what he's done in preseason at the same rate he'll be a top 10 player. Now I don't think he'll be that good and we both agree pre season doesn't matter all that much but I'd say he had a perfectly fine pre season for a team that's supposed to be very fantasy friendly.

38 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

Yeah but it's a lot easier to throw a lob to AD and have him do a fade away then to get into the position allowing a successful lob pass, even if its zion. Dray will eat, regardless. He has enough shooters around him to exceed his ADP. I think dray will make up for those Durant missed assists and even increases them because hes a great passer, playmaker and he will be in better shape. Holiday isn't Draymond, but I was using it as an example. I see dray increasing his asts this year regardless of the increase in difficulty. 

This makes no sense.  So Dray has enough shooters to exceed his ADP and will average more assists despite increased difficulty?  He has Curry, DLo, and....That is it. And you are not worried about his assists, but you see them increasing with less talent? 

Meanwhile, Jrue's value as the #1 guy on the team is going down, and he will average 3 assists less despite having more scorers than they did last year all because of Lonzo Ball? 

Wow, ok.

Edited by Tekno Team 2000
typo
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Purple Hippo said:

Same guy also said Zion’s averaging 29ppg. I’m not really keen on getting advice from him.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

This makes no sense.  So Dray has enough shooters to exceed his ADP and will average more assists despite increased difficulty?  He has Curry, DLo, and....That is it. And you are not worried about his assists, but you see them increasing with less talent? 

Meanwhile, Jrue's value as the #1 guy on the team is going down, and he will average 3 assists less despite having more scorers than they did last year all because of Lonzo Ball? 

Wow, ok.

Dray is a better playmaker in general than holiday. I said him being in shape and also having a reason to try in season will lead to the upward trend, even offsetting the Durant-less assists. Higher usage = higher everything except %s and TO.

Edited by johnval1362

8 minutes ago, boytoy said:

Same guy also said Zion’s averaging 29ppg. I’m not really keen on getting advice from him.

If he plays 35 mins a game he will avg high 20s for sure. With the new injury, I dont expect those minutes anymore. Any game he plays 35 min I expect 30 pts out of him. I also said lebron would avg high 50s fg% when cousins was healthy. That changes now too without floor spacing and McGee vs. Cousins. 

Edited by johnval1362

7 minutes ago, boytoy said:

LOL...someone actually said this? Like as a joke?

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Purple Hippo said:

It could be someone with a burner account. That's a thing on these interwebs.

23 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

If he plays 35 mins a game he will avg high 20s for sure. With the new injury, I dont expect those minutes anymore. Any game he plays 35 min I expect 30 pts out of him. I also said lebron would avg high 50s fg% when cousins was healthy. That changes now too without floor spacing and McGee vs. Cousins. 

spacer.png

35 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

Dude....just stop. Please...stop. 

He averaged 30min in college and couldn't even average more than 23pts.....you expect him to average 30 pts in 5 more min in the NBA? Hes not playing with kids anymore....

Edited by crocp

34 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

Dray is a better playmaker in general than holiday.

No dude come on most of his assists happen when curry and klay run off screens for 3s.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, crocp said:

Dude....just stop. Please...stop. 

He averaged 30min in college and couldn't even average more than 23pts.....you expect him to average 30 pts in 5 more min in the NBA? Hes not playing with kids anymore....

Yeah. No offense to coach K, but he did a horrible job coaching zion. Anyone shooting 70% from the floor needs to be shooting higher volume to bring that number down, and points up. Ignore numbers, even though the numbers are phenomenal, and watch how zion played in the preseason and see how improved his handle was on the ball and what an off season of being mentally trained by the best basketball trainers in the world. If zion shot more in college to bring that fg% down, he would have avg over 30 easily. He didn't look like the same player he was in college, not even close. You act like players can't improve over the off season, and great offense is always unstoppable no matter what league. Doncic did it, trae did it, now zion will do it even better (if the minutes are there after his injury). You seem to be forgetting that he had the highest fg% in college history and that's not even from a C. 

Edited by johnval1362

1 hour ago, greatestmetfan said:

Nah he's a beast and one of the best two way players in the nba. Feel confident with your pick. Lonzo is getting overrated in this thread right now, and people are freaking out over pre season.

Just check his game log last year: https://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/3995/jrue-holiday

He's also a great passer:

Oh I know, he was on the team that gave me the works last season. That's why I am confused at the talks about him possibly decreasing. I wanted a scoring pg for my team and historically, from what I can tell, he did.

4 minutes ago, molski said:

Jrue about to be unleashed 

with Zion out 6-8, this boi about to go OFFFFFF 🔥

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This roster sets up really nicely for Jrue this year especially with the pace NOLA will play at.  

He gives you elite stocks, very good FG%m pts, and assist without really hurting you anywhere.

I was going to keep him in a 14 team 2 player keeper but decided to go a different direction.  

Absolutely love him in redraft this year.

4 hours ago, snerpy said:

with Zion out 6-8, this boi about to go OFFFFFF 🔥

I'm still thinking that Zion would have been beneficial to Jrue and Lonzo in terms of allowing them to run more and get more spacing on the floor + assists

Confirmed: Jrue Holiday’s role in Space Jam 2 as one of the players who gets their skills taken away.