Chrizz

Jrue Holiday 2019-2020 Outlook

It's only been 3 quarters of basketball but man he has not looked good out there. Lonzo and especially Ingram are handling the ball a lot in that 1st unit and taking usage away from him, and when he has had the ball he hasn't looked confident and has been making bad decisions.

Also I might be tripping but does he look a little fat? Haven't seen any Pels preseason games but it looks like he beefed up and is a quarter step slower than last year

Hopefully just a 1 off as he gets adjusted to the new guys and turns back into his normal stud self

8 minutes ago, HooDat said:

It's only been 3 quarters of basketball but man he has not looked good out there. Lonzo and especially Ingram are handling the ball a lot in that 1st unit and taking usage away from him, and when he has had the ball he hasn't looked confident and has been making bad decisions.

Also I might be tripping but does he look a little fat? Haven't seen any Pels preseason games but it looks like he beefed up and is a quarter step slower than last year

Hopefully just a 1 off as he gets adjusted to the new guys and turns back into his normal stud self

First time owner of him. I am wondering if he is a bit out of shape too. His hands are kind of slipping the ball a lot this game. Hopefully its just an off game from game..

2 minutes ago, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

Ball, Hart, NAW are piranhas, going to be harder to produce like last season on this stacked team that's for sure. 

Just look at the names you listed again....Jrue will be just fine.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

Just look at the names you listed again....Jrue will be just fine.

Just looked again and yeah Ball & NAW's potential isn't just high but sky high. Hart might drop off, but he's hungry, and looks fantastic to me. They are all surrounding Jrue taking touches that are usually his. Didn't say he wouldn't be fine, but the only way is down from last season.

• Haha 2

Stop reading so much into game 1.

Jrue's name value was never high in fantasy, and the last few posts proves just that.

If you're panicking, you're new.

For the rest of y'all, buy low.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I came here to clown people who were saying “buy low” because I was thinking “no one’s idiotic enough to sell off a player after 1 game. This isn’t fantasy football”

i can see now now that I was wrong 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

If anyone is panicking after that game, they must have not played fantasy bball very long lol. Jrue is in no danger of having Ingram, Hart and Ball stealing his usage 😂.  He passed a little too much today for my liking im sure we’ll see him be more aggressive with his shot from now on. 

For me I am not selling him at any price other than a top 15 player. Yet I would love him to take it more to the rim instead of kicking it out almost every time:rolleyes:

He started off slowly last year too, including a 2-15 clunker in his first week. Zero reason to panic. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Boogie Buckets said:

If anyone is panicking after that game, they must have not played fantasy bball very long lol. Jrue is in no danger of having Ingram, Hart and Ball stealing his usage 😂.  He passed a little too much today for my liking im sure we’ll see him be more aggressive with his shot from now on. 

not only did he pass, but a lot of the passes led to shooters who didn't make shots... 

Out of position blocks + assists make up for an otherwise ugly performance

• Like 1

Can you guys text the jrue holiday owner in my league and let him know how garbage jrue is so he accepts my trade? 

• Haha 1

he had siakam on him for most of the game. also, ill take the 2 blocks from my pg. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pdids911 said:

he had siakam on him for most of the game. also, ill take the 2 blocks from my pg. 

Right. At least I got some blocks out of him

1st time managing Jrue ever but I understand it’s a marathon and not a sprint. Move along.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, t0087669 said:

On the bright side, he will most likely earn a SF position soon :)

Was he playing SF tonight? We'll need a few games/a bunch of minutes there to qualify. 

Then we'll need someone to post a yahoo poll requesting it. I would do it, but I dont know how lol

This guy's been getting talk from media as an MVP candidate. He's not gonna lost value from the likes of Ball, Hart, NAW, etc. 

He's gonna eat this season more than any other season he has before. 

• Like 2

Im not even that mad with his line tonight. Almost everyone was rusty, in both games.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HooDat said:

Lonzo and Ingram did not get off the bench in the fourth quarter meanwhile Jrue played the entire fourth quarter and overtime. I think that tells you what Gentry thinks of Jrue versus Lonzo and BI and who he wants running the offense.

Edited by Purple Hippo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, atrium said:

I came here to clown people who were saying “buy low” because I was thinking “no one’s idiotic enough to sell off a player after 1 game. This isn’t fantasy football”

i can see now now that I was wrong 

Welcome to the basketball forums!!