UcanTry

Geronimo Allison 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

This is cut city for me.

I saw a lot of 2 TE sets last night.  I'm not sure what the snap counts were but only felt like Allison was out there about 50% of the time.  Heck, it seemed like Mercedes Lewis played more.  I didn't even know that guy was still in the league lol.

It was pretty clear MVS is ahead of Alliison as he was on the field way more.

I know it was a tough D they were playing but the Packers offense just looks way different to me.  It seems like they're trying to be way more conventional.

Allison will probably score some TD's but sure doesn't seem like he's got much chance to be a high volume guy.

I'll be moving on next week for some hot FA  and probably won't come back to Allison unless there is an Adams or MVS injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

This is cut city for me.

I saw a lot of 2 TE sets last night.  I'm not sure what the snap counts were but only felt like Allison was out there about 50% of the time.  Heck, it seemed like Mercedes Lewis played more.  I didn't even know that guy was still in the league lol.

It was pretty clear MVS is ahead of Alliison as he was on the field way more.

I know it was a tough D they were playing but the Packers offense just looks way different to me.  It seems like they're trying to be way more conventional.

Allison will probably score some TD's but sure doesn't seem like he's got much chance to be a high volume guy.

I'll be moving on next week for some hot FA  and probably won't come back to Allison unless there is an Adams or MVS injury.

 

I think the formation was specifically used to slow down the Bears pass rush.

The packers will use more 3 wr sets, and the obvious reason Geronimo wasn't playing because he's the slot. MVS will always play over him in 2 WR sets. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, don't get me wrong, I loved Allison at the beginning of the year too. Got him in 3/4 leagues.

 

But lets be real here.

 

With Graham healthy again he is currently 4th on the pecking order. He was a dart throw at the end of the draft. The biggest concern, is that he was not out there in empty WR sets. So it had nothing to do with the scheme against the Bears. You wanna know who was out there? Mercedes ******** Luis. When you can't beat out Lewis coupled with a low target and snap count while being the 4th target, there is absolutely no reason to hold. On to the next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to hold one or two more weeks just to see how the offense plays out.. On one hand it made sense to run multiple TEs out there for GB last night due to the pressure Rodgers was getting from the defensive front, but on the other hand seeing Trevor Davis in 2 WR sets was rather discouraging.

 

In hindsight my speculation on Allison being a solid contributor to the offense was assuming the offensive identity wouldn't be radically different from what McCarthy was putting out there for GB, last night definitely made me think twice about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

This is cut city for me.

I saw a lot of 2 TE sets last night.  I'm not sure what the snap counts were but only felt like Allison was out there about 50% of the time.  Heck, it seemed like Mercedes Lewis played more.  I didn't even know that guy was still in the league lol.

It was pretty clear MVS is ahead of Alliison as he was on the field way more.

I know it was a tough D they were playing but the Packers offense just looks way different to me.  It seems like they're trying to be way more conventional.

Allison will probably score some TD's but sure doesn't seem like he's got much chance to be a high volume guy.

I'll be moving on next week for some hot FA  and probably won't come back to Allison unless there is an Adams or MVS injury.


Not trying to convince anyone to keep Allison or anything, but I do think their formations last night were very situational. Lots of 2 TE sets, lots of quick hit passes just off the line, lots of TE out routes - they were terrified of that pass rush and knew if they made Rodgers stand in the pocket too long he was going to die. That said, Jimmy's obviously becoming  a bigger part of their game this year, and MVS and Allison definitely don't seem "locked in" in 2 and 3 WR sets... I have a feeling outside of Adams you're going to be chasing value like it was the Saints. Everyone will pop off for a good game every now and then, but you'll never be able to predict who and when. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DekuTree said:


Not trying to convince anyone to keep Allison or anything, but I do think their formations last night were very situational. Lots of 2 TE sets, lots of quick hit passes just off the line, lots of TE out routes - they were terrified of that pass rush and knew if they made Rodgers stand in the pocket too long he was going to die. That said, Jimmy's obviously becoming  a bigger part of their game this year, and MVS and Allison definitely don't seem "locked in" in 2 and 3 WR sets... I have a feeling outside of Adams you're going to be chasing value like it was the Saints. Everyone will pop off for a good game every now and then, but you'll never be able to predict who and when. 

 

This makes sense until you look at the fact that he was not out there in empty WR sets. There is no formation around the defense with that. Mercedes Lewis was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tts42572 said:

This is cut city for me.

if you cut him, i will pick him up (because i have zero shares right now). too early to tell, and clearly the game script worked against him (rodgers getting sacked five times, low scoring and barely a need to throw)

 

24 minutes ago, MoonBlaster said:

I'm going to hold one or two more weeks just to see how the offense plays out.. On one hand it made sense to run multiple TEs out there for GB last night due to the pressure Rodgers was getting from the defensive front, but on the other hand seeing Trevor Davis in 2 WR sets was rather discouraging.

davis also replaced adams when adams left with his supposed "limp" but agreed, two more weeks will tell all.

 

11 minutes ago, DekuTree said:

 Jimmy's obviously becoming  a bigger part of their game this year

jimmy saw 89 targets from rodgers last season --- i don't see him getting more.

 

26 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

I dont see much for this guy. 

literally, we so nothing for this guy. but he shouldn't be on the waivers just yet.

also notably, no jake kumerow, and instead we saw davis.

but i see this game as atypical: the rodgers shootouts are coming, and the low scoring puntfest against the toughest D in football (five sacks, 9 tackles for a loss) will only happen one more time (though next time at home).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rodgers was sacked 5 times last night, Davante Adams, the #2 drafted WR in all of fantasy, only had 36 yards. I am guessing that a season opener against the best defense in the NFL at Soldier field is not a good assessment for any Packer's season long value. People can probably stop expecting some breakout year, but don't think last night means he is not serviceable as a WR3 (or in my case a Flex2) 

I regrettably started Allison, but unless somebody really intriguing is out there on waivers, I think he is worth a hold.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, suburbanguk said:

Rodgers was sacked 5 times last night, Davante Adams, the #2 drafted WR in all of fantasy, only had 36 yards. I am guessing that a season opener against the best defense in the NFL at Soldier field is not a good assessment for any Packer's season long value. People can probably stop expecting some breakout year, but don't think last night means he is not serviceable as a WR3 (or in my case a Flex2) 

I regrettably started Allison, but unless somebody really intriguing is out there on waivers, I think he is worth a hold.

I dropped for Gallup. The thing about Allison is I doubt they will be going three wide too often. More two TE sets. I just needed to see how they were being used vs actual production. It’s just a way different offense. Also, Adams got 8 targets and was triple covered at times. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GA isnt overly elite so its not surprising he won't jump off the screen.  His fantasy value is tied hand and hand with Rodgers targeting him bc Rodgers provides his WR with quality catchable targets.  Its clear that MVS is Rodger's new 'other'.  He talks about MVS way more than he ever mentioned GA.  

GA needs to be his Ricky Proehl not the Steve Smith or Moose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bears defense is awesome.

 

It is 1 game into the fantasy season. Sucks to start with a goose egg, but talk of cutting him is overreacting on a large scale.

 

Are people sitting Adams next week too?

Edited by dmb3684
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

The Bears defense is awesome.

 

It is 1 game into the fantasy season. Sucks to start with a goose egg, but talk of cutting him is overreacting on a large scale.

Probably.  But I drafted him just hoping to get a solid fill in PPR player who'd get predictable targets every game.  I saw enough last night to make me think that "predictable" isn't what he's going to be.

Edited by K197040

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

The Bears defense is awesome.

 

It is 1 game into the fantasy season. Sucks to start with a goose egg, but talk of cutting him is overreacting on a large scale.

 

Are people sitting Adams next week too?

Not sure Allison and Adams should be in the same sentence.. He could possibly be a bye week option fill in possibly at some point..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Probably.  But I drafted him just hoping to get a solid fill in PPR player who'd get predictable targets every game.  I saw enough last night to make me think that "predictable" isn't what he's going to be.

 

It was @CHI. I take absolutely nothing from the game from A GB skills player perspective. I am certainly not dropping my 9-10 round pick after one game against the very best defense in the league. It just doesn't make any logical sense to me. To each his own.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

 

It was @CHI. I take absolutely nothing from the game from A GB skills player perspective. I am certainly not dropping my 9-10 round pick after one game against the very best defense in the league. It just doesn't make any logical sense to me. To each his own.

 

Defense is one thing.  When your snap count is significantly lower than another player, it's definitely cause for concern.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, RustyMiller said:

 

Defense is one thing.  When your snap count is significantly lower than another player, it's definitely cause for concern.

 

They were mostly trying to not get ARob killed week 1. Maybe the sets Allison is in are not conducive to that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

0 Targets week one 2019

His biggest highlight is a fumble that cost the Packers a game I believe..

He is not very good he may be a bye week fill in here and there but I just don't see the upside just because Rodgers has the talent level to feed 2-3 receivers and has done so in the past doesn't mean his time is coming... I've seen enough of him in general regardless of his week one dud this year but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Edited by NyZD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My biggest issue is the targets. Adams didn't have a great game, but saw 8 targets. MVS saw 6. Graham also had 6 and somehow even Lewis got 3. Allison has zero. Last year, in his 4 healthy games, Allison had 8, 6, 4, and 11 targets. He even had one in his brief "comeback" game. If you're not getting targets, not sure how you do anything. That is very concerning, even if it's a knee jerk reaction (and mind you, Allison played against Chicago last year too)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

 

They were mostly trying to not get ARob killed week 1. Maybe the sets Allison is in are not conducive to that? 

Sure. Allison won't be putting up zero's every week. What do you think is a realistic projection ROS for Allison?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may hold out for a week or two for signs of life. Seems like very little upside for now unless Adams or MVS were to get banged up. In my biggest league our benches are pretty deep. I think in any league like that he should probably be stashed. He still could be one of the better WR lottery tickets I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Slatykamora said:

Sure. Allison won't be putting up zero's every week. What do you think is a realistic projection ROS for Allison?

 

images (22).jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Slatykamora said:

Sure. Allison won't be putting up zero's every week. What do you think is a realistic projection ROS for Allison?

Waiver fodder. As was mentioned, the lack of production isn't the issue, it's the zero targets. Last year the targets are what made him an attractive late round flyer this year. Without that, he's unrosterable.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Slatykamora said:

Sure. Allison won't be putting up zero's every week. What do you think is a realistic projection ROS for Allison?

 

Not zero catches.

Maybe he will be waiver wire fodder in a few weeks. My only point really, is it is silly to draw conclusions from one game, particularly given the opponent. 

 

The best available WRs in the leagues I am in are some assortment of...

Higgins

Snead

Grant

Perriman

 

I am holding.

Edited by dmb3684
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...