Pyschout

Bradley Beal 2019-2020 Outlook

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, taenggg said:

Butler is a top 12 player in the league and you can make an argument for him being in the top 10 depending on your criteria. 

Here's a life tip though, if you find yourself in a room where everyone is disagreeing with you and you call them out for being idiots, it's very likely that you are in fact the fool. 🙃

Butler is a top fantasy player in the league, but real life there is like 30+ other players teams would rather have. Hes good and a good playmaker but hes not good enough of a playmaker to do anything but pad stats which why he so desperately tried to find a bad team so he could feel like hes better than he really is by getting extra usage from playing on such a bad team. Hes in a similar position to Beal, but Miami wont be better than wizards because butlers not as good as Beal, and Orlando probably takes 8th seed . 

To the guy saying I'm wrong because other people here are telling me that... that doesn't make it wrong lol. It just means more of you are likely wrong. You will see. 

Edited by johnval1362

Posted (edited)

I'm talking about real life. Butler is still a top 12 player in the NBA. There's a difference between teams wanting a specific player because of upside, youth and etc and a players actual ranking when compared to their peers. 

I'd want to build a team with KAT and Booker over Butler, but as of right now Butler is probably a better player then both of them.

It's also not a stretch to say Butler is ahead of Beal as well considering his two way impact. That can obviously change this year if Beal makes a jump and gets the Wizards into the playoffs. 

Edited by taenggg
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

I'm talking modern NBA. Sure you can go back to the 90s but todays game is different. Think last 5 years. I cant think of a single team that was a champpinbsuop team or deep playoff run teamthat wasn't lead by a star playmaking high usage player

Kawhi Leonard, not once, but twice. He averaged 3.9 dimes last year for the CHAMPIONS OF THE NBA - The Toronto Raptors (#WeTheChamps) in the playoffs and 1.7 in 13/14. He is excellent at playmaking for himself, he is a decent to good playmaker for others. Lowry only averaged 6.6 dimes in the playoffs last year. He is a star play maker, but I don't think he is a "superstar play maker" as you describe (but hey if Bradley Beal is then there are A LOT of "superstar playmakers" in the NBA because I can think of a HECK of a lot of players that are better distributors than Beal). Lowry is actually extremely effective off the ball, maybe even a "Superstar off-ball player" and definitely a "Superstar grit and grinder" - so many different types of "superstars" these days!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

I'm talking modern NBA. Sure you can go back to the 90s but todays game is different. Think last 5 years. I cant think of a single team that was a champpinbsuop team or deep playoff run teamthat wasn't lead by a star playmaking high usage player.

2013-2014 Spurs won the title.  

"star playmaking high usage player"  on that team was.... Tony Parker (4.8 ast in playoffs)?  Manu (4.1 ast in playoffs)?  Boris Diaw (3.4 ast)? 

Your arguments do not hold water. 

FYI, Detroit made  playoffs last year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, johnval1362 said:

Miami wont be better than wizards

Hahahahahahahaha.

This has to be someone's burner account for trolling. Quality stuff tho. Makes this dead period in fantasy hoops go by faster.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

2013-2014 Spurs won the title.  

"star playmaking high usage player"  on that team was.... Tony Parker (4.8 ast in playoffs)?  Manu (4.1 ast in playoffs)?  Boris Diaw (3.4 ast)? 

Your arguments do not hold water. 

FYI, Detroit made  playoffs last year.

What? Tony parker is a high usage star playmaker, you're proving MY point. 

50 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

What? Tony parker is a high usage star playmaker, you're proving MY point. 

Did you watch that series?   All Parker had to do is bring the ball and pass to the first open player. After that, Spurs motion offense was taking care of itself.

And to prove my point:  https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/2014.html

Look at the usage for playoffs ( fyi that is where you  win the title), Parker's usage rate was at 28.3.  Seems high, when you realize that Corry Joseph had usage rate of 25.0, Patty Mills had 21.

But please keep posting, it makes this dead fantasy season interesting. 

Almost forgot, we have "Bold predictions for 2019/20 season" thread. Please consider posting there...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Did you watch that series?   All Parker had to do is bring the ball and pass to the first open player. After that, Spurs motion offense was taking care of itself.

And to prove my point:  https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/2014.html

Look at the usage for playoffs ( fyi that is where you  win the title), Parker's usage rate was at 28.3.  Seems high, when you realize that Corry Joseph had usage rate of 25.0, Patty Mills had 21.

But please keep posting, it makes this dead fantasy season interesting. 

Almost forgot, we have "Bold predictions for 2019/20 season" thread. Please consider posting there...

You're just helping my point 

19 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

You're just helping my point 

Ok you are right. Everyone else on this boards is wrong.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Ok you are right. Everyone else on this boards is wrong.  

Yep. Funny how you list a team with 3 play makers with high usage... one of them being Tony parker. That team was also unbelievably stacked with parker Ginobili kawhi and Duncan. Still waiting for one person to list one team in modern nba. You tried and failed.

7 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

Kawhi Leonard, not once, but twice. He averaged 3.9 dimes last year for the CHAMPIONS OF THE NBA - The Toronto Raptors (#WeTheChamps) in the playoffs and 1.7 in 13/14. He is excellent at playmaking for himself, he is a decent to good playmaker for others. Lowry only averaged 6.6 dimes in the playoffs last year. He is a star play maker, but I don't think he is a "superstar play maker" as you describe (but hey if Bradley Beal is then there are A LOT of "superstar playmakers" in the NBA because I can think of a HECK of a lot of players that are better distributors than Beal). Lowry is actually extremely effective off the ball, maybe even a "Superstar off-ball player" and definitely a "Superstar grit and grinder" - so many different types of "superstars" these days!! 

star who is able to playmake if you need a more specific explanation. Kawhi Leonard falls into that category on his own, let alone Lowry. Some players need to pass more because they can't score. Beal will get you 28 8 and 6 this year. That's a star playmaker. Lowry will get you 17 and 8. That's not, but he's a great PG. He WAS that star playmaker years ago in his prime but now hes no star, just a solid pg when not injured. 

I wish I knew what this dude is drinking.  I could use a drink...

• Haha 1

I don’t want to get roped into the general conversation as a whole but the wizards won 32 games last year with the same team they have this year.  So idk why we are acting as if we don’t know where the wizards will finish.  

The biggest difference is they traded Otto, which will cost them wins. Wall was out last year and this year.  The reason why they didn’t trade Beal is they don’t believe he’s good enough to impact the tank.

He was top 8 the last two months and I think he will play 80 games of top 10 value.  But if you’re referring to real life, he’s not good enough to lead the Wizards to anything.  If he was good enough he would have done it last year when they had more talent around him.  I’d predict 30 wins. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StifleTower2 said:

I don’t want to get roped into the general conversation as a whole but the wizards won 32 games last year with the same team they have this year.  So idk why we are acting as if we don’t know where the wizards will finish

I think you missed the news that Wizards are now in the  West  😝

Looking at the Wizards depth chart:

PG:  Ish Smith, IT,  Wall

SG: Beal, Admial Schofield, Isaac Bonga, Garrison Mathews, Tarik Phillip

SF: CJ Miles, Troy Brown Jr

PF: Rui Hachimura, Davis Bertans, Moritz Wagner

C : Thomas Bryant, Ian Mahinmi

I see only  two starters on real NBA team: Beal and Bryant. Yikes. Add prime MJ to that roster instead of Beal and they might have a chance to make playoffs

Wizards, despite the fact they play in the East, will win maximum of 25 games

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gile Pile said:

I see only  two starters on real NBA team: Beal and Bryant. Yikes. Add prime MJ to that roster instead of Beal and they might have a chance to make playoffs

So who do you think takes 8th seed? Miami who has butler and no one else? Detroit who barely scrapes by? There's not a whole lot of competition. 

5 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

I guess since Detroit lost a playmaker in Ish Smith, they're going to miss the playoffs, and Ish Smith will lead the Wizards back to the promised land to take Detroit's place...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Although the bigger factor will be Blake's health, since he was the true high usage playmaker on that team.

Can't wait to target Beal in the 2nd round though. He's going to get a lot of run, and will be a solid player on a bad team playing to get supermax consideration.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, StifleTower2 said:

He was top 8 the last two months and I think he will play 80 games of top 10 value.  But if you’re referring to real life, he’s not good enough to lead the Wizards to anything.  If he was good enough he would have done it last year when they had more talent around him.  I’d predict 30 wins. 

Exactly. Unless he proves otherwise this year, Beal is a really good player capable of putting up numbers, but he cannot carry a team or make players better.

He is a borderline #2 to really good #3 type player being asked to be a #1 because of their situation. And their situation is really ugly. He is better than Devin Booker, but in that vein where he cannot lead a bad team to anything despite having the numbers that suggest he is a real difference maker.

I am not even sure they win 30.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Exactly. Unless he proves otherwise this year, Beal is a really good player capable of putting up numbers, but he cannot carry a team or make players better.

He is a borderline #2 to really good #3 type player being asked to be a #1 because of their situation. And their situation is really ugly. He is better than Devin Booker, but in that vein where he cannot lead a bad team to anything despite having the numbers that suggest he is a real difference maker.

I am not even sure they win 30.

So who takes the 8th seed? 

2 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

All of the teams that made it last year are better than them. The Heat are better than them. The Hawks are better than them. The Bulls could possibly have a better record than them.

5-8 will be between the Pacers, Nets, Magic, Pistons, Heat, and maybe the Hawks.

Wizards have no chance to make the playoffs. Have you really looked at their roster and compared it to the others?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

Assuming health and current rosters Boston, Bucks, Sixers, Nets and  Raptors  will take first 5 spots (no particular order).
Orlando,  Miami, Indiana and Detroit   will decide last 3 spots.  Atlanta and Chicago have an outside shot too, if everything falls into place.
Wizards will fight with Cleveland, New York and Charlotte for ping pong balls.

Unless Wizards move to Seatle, then in stacked West they will make playoffs in 2029

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We don’t really need to know who specifically gets the 8th seed to know that the Wizard won’t.  I agree with @Gile Pile about the state of affairs. 

To add to what he said, I think Chicago actually has the most talent on paper.  LaVine is that playmaker you’re referring to.  Otto is one of the best wings in the league.  Lauri and Wendell form a great front court when healthy. 

I’d add Orlando to the top five teams to form a top 6. Orlando not only made the playoffs but they had a winning record and played great post ASB.  They have the advantage of a year playing together.  

Its the top 6 then Miami, Indiana, Detroit, Atlanta, Chicago fighting for the last two spots.  That’s 11 teams better than the wizard s.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

We don’t really need to know who specifically gets the 8th seed to know that the Wizard won’t.  I agree with @Gile Pile about the state of affairs. 

To add to what he said, I think Chicago actually has the most talent on paper.  LaVine is that playmaker you’re referring to.  Otto is one of the best wings in the league.  Lauri and Wendell form a great front court when healthy. 

I’d add Orlando to the top five teams to form a top 6. Orlando not only made the playoffs but they had a winning record and played great post ASB.  They have the advantage of a year playing together.  

Its the top 6 then Miami, Indiana, Detroit, Atlanta, Chicago fighting for the last two spots.  That’s 11 teams better than the wizard s.

Calling Otto one of the best wings in the league is a serious reach

3 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Calling Otto one of the best wings in the league is a serious reach

I guess it’s subjective but he ranked 27th in fantasy in the last two months and I think he’s a top 30 player irl.  Considering there are 5 positions, I’d consider him a top 10 SF easily.  But maybe that’s not “one of the best wings”, it was an admittedly vague statement. 

• Like 1

Truth be told I didn't know otto was traded from the wizards until after my wizards rants. I need to update myself on current trades before I post again. It actually sounds like Chicago is the best bet. I have zero faith in Miami Detroit or Atlanta and still think the wizards are better than them only with beal/bryant but with the otto news (yeah I'm wayyyy behind on trades), I may have to take back what I said about them and bump Chicago to the 8th seed. I won't post again until I'm updated on anything I post about. My mistake I'm trigger happy right now just thinking about the upcoming fantasy season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

Truth be told I didn't know otto was traded from the wizards until after my wizards rants. I need to update myself on current trades before I post again.

spacer.png

• Haha 5