Pyschout

Bradley Beal 2019-2020 Outlook

I had the 7th pick and took him over lilard, embiid, lebron. For me it was either going be him or lillard. At the end i chose beal because his going be a much more volume shooter. Lillard has been the last 3 years stuck in the 26 point range while beal for a good chunk last year was avg 30 pts/game. Beal also has much higher steal, a category you really want your first pick guard to have. The only drawback I see is lillard has better track record of playing every game and portland being competitive. Beal still played every game last season on a tanking wizards team but they did limit his mins the last few games. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Washington Wizards All-Star Bradley Beal has agreed to extend his deal for two years on a $72M maximum contract, agent Mark Bartelstein of

@PrioritySports tells ESPN. Deal includes player option for 2022-23. Total value: 4-years, nearly $130M.

10 minutes ago, doomz said:

Washington Wizards All-Star Bradley Beal has agreed to extend his deal for two years on a $72M maximum contract, agent Mark Bartelstein of

@PrioritySports tells ESPN. Deal includes player option for 2022-23. Total value: 4-years, nearly $130M.

Not good for his value this season IMO. With the money locked up he has less of an incentive to play hard/more of an incentive to load manage and avoid injuries. This bumps him down a round in my book.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, jkgb7 said:

Not good for his value this season IMO. With the money locked up he has less of an incentive to play hard/more of an incentive to load manage and avoid injuries. This bumps him down a round in my book.

Actually agree... pissed to hear he took a deal

27 minutes ago, jkgb7 said:

Wouldnt it mean that now he has locked up that money, he doesn't need to worry about an injury ruining his potential contract (if he was unsigned)? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, jkgb7 said:

A full round? Overreaction central.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Soyboy33 said:

Wouldnt it mean that now he has locked up that money, he doesn't need to worry about an injury ruining his potential contract (if he was unsigned)? 

My understanding is that had he not locked up a contract this year, he’d be eligible for the supermax if he makes an all-NBA team this upcoming season. Now that he no longer has that option, he doesn’t need to go all out for that all-nba spot. With the team prioritizing youth development this season, I don’t think they’d ride him till the wheels fall off this year, potentially jeopardizing his health for next season.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Del Rio said:

Bro I had the 13th pick in my draft last week and was planning to get Beal, but the dude before me, who didn’t wake up for the draft, auto picked him at 12 so I had to get Jimmy. I’m just reducing my cognitive dissonance here 😬

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Del Rio said:

My immediate thought on seeing his new contract was that he now loses all tiebreakers with players I was considering drafting him over. In my case, that's basically a drop of 2-3 spots.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rando said:

My immediate thought on seeing his new contract was that he now loses all tiebreakers with players I was considering drafting him over. In my case, that's basically a drop of 2-3 spots.

I mean, that's fair. It also depends on how high you were on him previously (i.e. late first round in H2H because you were banking on him playing nearly 80 games, and now the new contract could change that).

All of this talent wasted. Too bad we'll never get to see him play for a real franchise.

38 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

All of this talent wasted. Too bad we'll never get to see him play for a real franchise.

PRIDE... no ring chasing, team hogging, etc.. Well, as his owner, I still wish he stayed in a contract year for a repeated performance. 

Many guys secured a deal and played the best season of their career... Paul George last year is the latest example I can think of.

i think he will still be fine and produce somewhere in the 28-29PPG range with some steals and obviously lots of 3s

Edited by KB24MVP

55 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

I really don't care about his real world championship aspirations. 

57 minutes ago, Quazza said:

This is not great news 

I actually think it is pretty good news for Beal. 

First off, he is now happy in Washington. So you don't have to worry about him faking an injury mid-season to get a trade done. 

Second, a trade to a good team could have lead to his usage rate going way down. 

Third, the Wizards were 32-50 last year and Beal played 82 games. So there is no reason to think he would sit a bunch of games because the Wizards are out of it. 

Fourth, Beal is going to want to show that he is the leader of this team and not Wall. He is going to try and carry this team. 

• Like 6

Or it could be more incentive for another team to trade for him since the new team can keep him for 2 more seasons and not just an end of season rental.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Extra_Rice said:

Or it could be more incentive for another team to trade for him since the new team can keep him for 2 more seasons and not just an end of season rental.

He's also got a juicy trade kicker... anyone know how much salary they would have to take back at a minimum?

17 minutes ago, Extra_Rice said:

I think he can't be traded this year? Correct me if I'm wrong

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, atlantadynasty said:

I think he can't be traded this year? Correct me if I'm wrong

correct, Per CBA rules he cannot be dealt this season

• Like 2

Unless they are worst record in the league bad (which is possible), if Beal does not want to be load managed or sat out to tank then he won’t. If he is healthy he will play.

He seems like Lillard and Harden in that way and I think like them he has that clout in the organization at this point to dictate it. Especially now that he committed to them a little longer.

Dammit. I have the 10th/11th pics in my draft and i was planning on drafting Beal.  This changes things. He doesn't need to have an unbelievable year and make the all-nba team to in order to get a super-max and there is incentive for the wizards to load manage him once they are out of the playoff hunt or maybe even in general cause they probably know they won't have a chance to do much this year anyway, from the beginning. I don't know who to pick at 10 and 11 now :( anyone else in the same predicament?

Good on him, got paid. Surprised to see people think this means he won't try this season? maybe some forgetting that to become one of the best athletes in the world you need to be a natural born competitor. Think shut down risk just got lower. No trade as well apparently, great news.

Edited by freddo