Mikeboy

Jordan Reed 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Hey guys!

 

I searched for a Jordan Reed Outlook Thread 2019 but I couldnt find one.

So here we are! :)

 

Where are we buying him?

What are your thoughts on him - esp. with Dwayne Haskins?

 

I guess there is noone where Haskins could throw too.. I wouldnt wounder if Reed would finish Top 3 in TE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Jordan Reed is on my DND. He will most likely miss at least 4 games minimum. Great talent, but he doesn't seem to stay healthy. 

I know.. I know.. if there wasn't the health issue.. but without it, he could be great! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's my favorite old or oft injured TE2 of the bunch.  He'll see about 6-7 targets a game, and that's.......something.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since we have a very deep bench in our league I'm considering drafting him very late as a second TE.

 

Are there any Receivers in Washington that are capable of anything?

 

Maybe Reed will be a safe target for Haskins and he'll get more targets and maybe even TDs. If he has a hot start I still can trade him if I am concerned with his health.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's currently around the 20th TE going off the board, which is pretty good value for someone that puts up TE1 numbers *when healthy*.  I wouldn't want to rely on him as my only TE, but if you have the room or need for two TE's, I'm definitely targeting him.  Pair him with another late-ish, cheap-ish TE like Mark Andrews, and then play Reed when he's healthy and have that other TE to fill in the rest, you should get pretty good overall numbers.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll try to get him at the end of the draft. He could have some nice games and there is no risk involved as my TE2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Combo of the old guys Reed-Graham-Delanie Walker would probably be decent.

I'd feel more comfortable owning Reed in Best Ball.  In a season long where you have to make the decision whether or not to start him?  From experience, that is maddening.  I suppose if he is healthy, you must play him.  Then hope he finishes the game upright.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love pairing him with Vance McDonald, Austin Hooper, or Mark Andrews 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I don't go TE 'early' (top ten rounds), I'll likely just be grabbing two towards the end or drafting a good streaming option for week 1 last. If you do the "2 TE" strat, I think Reed is viable. Combine him with Eifert or Olsen or Andrews etc. and then hope one sticks after a few weeks. But if you only draft Reed, be fully prepared to be streaming by week 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2019 at 12:08 PM, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Jordan Reed is on my DND. He will most likely miss at least 4 games minimum. Great talent, but he doesn't seem to stay healthy. 

I mean he’s a 13th round pick.  Would it be so terrible if he was top 7-10 in ppg but missed a few games?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Silent-Trader said:

I'm targeting him and Hunter Henry late in the draft. They both have TE1 upside.

 

Henry is not going late, I do like Jordan Reed's value at his ADP though. Of course you'll need a backup plan, like pairing him with Andrews, Hockenson, or Herndon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TE for most leagues is one of those “onesie” positions like QB where some managers wouldn’t even roster a backup until a bye week. But if you own Reed and are looking to him as your cheap high upside TE, you must roster somebody else. Doesn’t matter who. Because after the top 8 or so, they’re pretty much all dart throws. The old unexciting veterans. The newish guys that are getting a lot of training camp buzz. Somebody. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, CooL said:

TE for most leagues is one of those “onesie” positions like QB where some managers wouldn’t even roster a backup until a bye week. But if you own Reed and are looking to him as your cheap high upside TE, you must roster somebody else. 

 

 

Nah. The guys on the waiver wire are pretty much the same as TEs 6-12. I would just drop Reed for someone else.

 

I can't quit Reed so I will likely own him a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Silent-Trader said:

I'm targeting him and Hunter Henry late in the draft. They both have TE1 upside.

 

Henry's ADP is 6.06...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reed will be hot garbage with a rookie QB.  Even if he stays healthy, which is probably a 15% likelihood, their offense will not be consistent enough for him to be a fantasy asset.

 

I'll bang this drum until my fingers stop working, but Dallas Goedert should be on everyone's must draft list 6 rounds later than this jabroni.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

Reed will be hot garbage with a rookie QB.  Even if he stays healthy, which is probably a 15% likelihood, their offense will not be consistent enough for him to be a fantasy asset.

 

I'll bang this drum until my fingers stop working, but Dallas Goedert should be on everyone's must draft list 6 rounds later than this jabroni.

 

I agree on Goedert, but I don't see Haskins starting off the year as the starting QB.  Unless he really improves over the next couple preseason games, compared to his performance last night.  Keenum is boring and dumpy, but he's the right kind of QB that will be looking for the safety net of Reed.  

A Reed and Goedert pairing on a fantasy team would be pretty cheap and give you very good upside, so why not both?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

Reed will be hot garbage with a rookie QB.  Even if he stays healthy, which is probably a 15% likelihood, their offense will not be consistent enough for him to be a fantasy asset.

 

I'll bang this drum until my fingers stop working, but Dallas Goedert should be on everyone's must draft list 6 rounds later than this jabroni.

 

The QB change is for sure a positive for Reed. Smith didnt even look at him. Rookies love big TEs

 

Im seeing Reed and Goedart going in the same round on FFC. 14.01 and 14.06

Edited by dmb3684

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

 

The QB change is for sure a positive for Reed. Smith didnt even look at him. Rookies love big TEs

 

Im seeing Reed and Goedart going in the same round on FFC. 14.01 and 14.06

 

 

I see 162 for Reed and 194 for Goedert in PPR leagues on Fantasy Football Calculator, with Reed trending up daily towards a high of the 8th Round while Goedert is flat with a high of 13th Round.  If Keenum keeps the job, I'd be a little higher on Reed but I don't see them keeping Haskins on the bench all year when I expect them to struggle out of the gate in the W/L record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

 

 

I see 162 for Reed and 194 for Goedert in PPR leagues on Fantasy Football Calculator, with Reed trending up daily towards a high of the 8th Round while Goedert is flat with a high of 13th Round.  If Keenum keeps the job, I'd be a little higher on Reed but I don't see them keeping Haskins on the bench all year when I expect them to struggle out of the gate in the W/L record.

 

162 and 194 are essentily the same thing. Both dart throw areas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

 

Nah. The guys on the waiver wire are pretty much the same as TEs 6-12. I would just drop Reed for someone else.

 

I can't quit Reed so I will likely own him a lot.

 

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

 

The QB change is for sure a positive for Reed. Smith didnt even look at him. Rookies love big TEs

Reed is only 6’2” so I’m not really sure if that qualifies as “big”. I think whether it’s Keenum or Haskins, the fact that we can’t even name a Redskins receiver is what improves his outlook for a big target share.

I disagree about not rostering an upside backup for an oft-injured player. Why not have two options for the TE position and see which hits? If you wait until there is a need for a second TE, you might miss out on those guys who are breaking out. Roster a second one now, if he does nothing then drop and move on. But maybe you hit gold with a Mark Andrews, Goedert, old man Graham, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CooL said:

 

Reed is only 6’2” so I’m not really sure if that qualifies as “big”. I think whether it’s Keenum or Haskins, the fact that we can’t even name a Redskins receiver is what improves his outlook for a big target share.

I disagree about not rostering an upside backup for an oft-injured player. Why not have two options for the TE position and see which hits? If you wait until there is a need for a second TE, you might miss out on those guys who are breaking out. Roster a second one now, if he does nothing then drop and move on. But maybe you hit gold with a Mark Andrews, Goedert, old man Graham, etc.

 

Drafting 2 TEs is a waste of a roster spot. Agree to disagree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.