Mikeboy

Jordan Reed 2019 Outlook

Think this is the year where you take a dart throw at Eifert, Reed, Walker, and Olsen in the 13th. If they don't work out, there's Fant, Waller, Herndon, Drissley, etc on the waivers. It's a garbage TE pool after H.Henry but it's a DEEP garbage pool. 

55 minutes ago, Mahomet said:

Think this is the year where you take a dart throw at Eifert, Reed, Walker, and Olsen in the 13th. If they don't work out, there's Fant, Waller, Herndon, Drissley, etc on the waivers. It's a garbage TE pool after H.Henry but it's a DEEP garbage pool. 

It's like that episode of Sesame Street where you see how darn big and spacious it actually is inside Oscar's trash can.  You always think "why would anyone want to live in a trash can?" and then one day you finally see what's inside, and you realize there's more square footage in there than your downtown condo has.

You always think "why would I want to dumpster dive for WW TE's?" until you see how spacious and inviting it is.

spacer.png

• Haha 3

On 8/9/2019 at 10:37 AM, dmb3684 said:

Drafting 2 TEs is a waste of a roster spot. Agree to disagree. 

I generally agree with this sentiment, but Goedert has some standalone value and will be a top 5 TE if Ertz gets hurt. He's a genuinely talented TE in an offense that will target the position frequently. As for Reed, I think he'll likely be a top 10 TE when healthy, but I'm not sure that justifies a spot on the bench, unless the bench is 12 deep.

Dude should just retire. Not even fantasy related just worried about his health. 

4 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

Out with a Concussion.

source.gif

What was it this time, his ear lobe?

If this is it for Mr. Reed, let me say I have enjoyed watching him greatly. A huge talent. 

1 minute ago, KennyWoo said:

If this is it for Mr. Reed, let me say I have enjoyed watching him greatly. A huge talent. 

Yeah. He needs to retire seriously if he wants to have a functional mind at 40.

I was considering him late too... This makes that decision easy for me. 

Damn. So talented but at this point with all the concussions I don't see how he can keep playing. It's just not worth it. 

There are just some guys not built for this sport, he is one. Very talented but he is the absolute epitome of injury prone 

Joking and frustration aside, how was he moving? Any explosion? I see 1 catch for 10 yards on 2 targets. 

He has had at least six concussions in his career. I’m thinking of cutting bait, had drafted him as a cheap sleeper but I don’t think I want to deal with him again. Even if he is healthy to start a game, you never know if he’s going to finish it.

6 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Yeah. He needs to retire seriously if he wants to have a functional mind at 40.

I was considering him late too... This makes that decision easy for me. 

I did a lot of mocks and virtually everyone of them included taking Reed late. I hope that he is alright. But, this is a reminder of the danger of having him on the roster. This makes the decision easy for me as well.

I'm tempted to cut him in dynasty. Can't deal with this any more.

• Like 1

Only a few more hits until this

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Eh, I'll hold onto him. He's my 15th round pick in all my drafts, as a backup. Would be foolish to let him go, before the season starts and all summer he's looked like "2016 Reed"

5 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

Eh, I'll hold onto him. He's my 15th round pick in all my drafts, as a backup. Would be foolish to let him go, before the season starts and all summer he's looked like "2016 Reed"

Yeah that’s what I thought too. But him going out tonight is a stark reminder of how brittle he is, and even when he is healthy and you roll the dice and put him in the starting lineup, he could leave the game after the first series and give you a big fat 0. 

https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/jordan-reed/6714

Gives him a 73% chance of being injured this season and projects to miss 3.8 games this season.

He’s got upside for sure. But so do Mark Andrews, Chris Herndon, and Darren Waller. Herndon and Waller might be on your waiver wire. Andrews likely was drafted as there has been a lot of buzz about him.

• Like 1

I feel so bad for this guy. He's going to have a super difficult life after the game. 

If I was in the NFL I would do what Luck did and quit while my body and brain was still intact.

• Like 1

Redskins coach Jay Gruden expects Jordan Reed (concussion) to be ready for the start of the season.

"We're quite confident that Jordan will be fine," Gruden told reporters on Reed's status. Reed was placed in the concussion protocol last week, but he has plenty of time to get ready for the season opener. Barring setbacks, there's a good chance Reed will be out there for Week 1.

Aug 27, 2019, 9:02 AM ET

Ehh, with this report, I tiny bit of me wants to consider rostering him again.  But we've seen this from Reed time and time again over his career.  I think I'm finally out.  Dude couldn't even make it through a preseason game without getting dinged up.  Certainly not his fault for the helmet hit, but injuries seem to find this guy like flies to dog poop.

3 hours ago, pushaZ said:

I feel so bad for this guy. He's going to have a super difficult life after the game. 

If I was in the NFL I would do what Luck did and quit while my body and brain was still intact.

Rhetorical question.. but how in the world do they even let this guy play at this point? How bizarre with all of the CTE info coming out in recent years.

• Like 2

I'm going for it. It's either that or Eifert for me. If he's gonna go out there and grind away his body, I'm gonna roll with him. As long as he's playing he should be productive. 

9 minutes ago, Rotero said:

I'm going for it. It's either that or Eifert for me. If he's gonna go out there and grind away his body, I'm gonna roll with him. As long as he's playing he should be productive. 

I'm in the same boat right now.