Mikeboy

Jordan Reed 2019 Outlook

And so it begins again NFL Network just announced he's out week 1

Anything to see here? Just lost Henry and need a replacement 

1 minute ago, kdpat15 said:

If he's available, absolutely. He's always good when he plays. I lost Henry too, and I wish Reed was sitting on waivers. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, kdpat15 said:

um..duh...yeah.  Reed is studly when healthy.  Looks like his new helmet is keeping him on the field sooner. Grab Chris Herndon while you can and stick him in your IR slot.  Great TE stash

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

um..duh...yeah.  Reed is studly when healthy.  Looks like his new helmet is keeping him on the field sooner. Grab Chris Herndon while you can and stick him in your IR slot.  Great TE stash

haha done!!

someone needs to intervene on this cat's behalf ... i know it's his own freee will, blahblah -

but he's gonna be another poster boy for CTE in the not too distant future, and the leeg is already under siege on that topic. 

dude, plz just hang 'em up - this is not gonna end well. 

16 hours ago, ajs723 said:

If he's available, absolutely. He's always good when he plays. I lost Henry too, and I wish Reed was sitting on waivers. 

You obviously have never had the extreme pleasure of owning Jordan Reed.  I'd love to have Reed in a best ball, but in season long he's a headache.  You have to wait on him each week to see if he is healthy.  Then if he is, you put him in and have to pray he makes it through the whole game.  So essentially you have to roster two tight ends the entire season.

Concussions ended Austin Collie's career.  I wonder how he is doing now.  It certainly seems like the multitude of ailments should cause Reed to hang it up.

Edited by CooL

Rostering Reed and Vernon Davis and will play Davis on weeks that reed is out

17 minutes ago, NBatum88 said:

The only drawback to this is Reed gets knocked out of games ALL the time.

• Like 1

Yeah I mean if you were able to grab Hockenson or Waller or Andrews in your league off waiver that’s preferable. But literally all those guys were drafted in my league so have to rely on reed/Davis which isn’t the end of the world. Prob shouldn’t have waited too long for TE Haha

11 minutes ago, NBatum88 said:

Yeah I mean if you were able to grab Hockenson or Waller or Andrews in your league off waiver that’s preferable. But literally all those guys were drafted in my league so have to rely on reed/Davis which isn’t the end of the world. Prob shouldn’t have waited too long for TE Haha

In leagues that are picked clean, yeah, it's tough.  I think Eifert might be a hold your nose option too.  Maybe Greg Olsen assuming health.  I've been hearing some fantasy experts say that if Olsen went out with injury, that Ian Thomas would instantly become a top 12 option.  Huh?  If that's the case, why isn't Olsen a top 12 option now?

• Like 1

Big if obviously, but if Reed is healthy I think he'll be a top 10 option easily.  Yes he gets hurt all the time, but I guess the caveat this time is the hit he took that gave him the concussion was a vicious hit that would've given anyone a concussion.  The problem is he doesn't know how to avoid hits and is making himself vulnerable to incurring injury.

But IF he stays healthy?  I think Keenum is capable of making him someone you'll want to start in fantasy.  If you don't have a Kelce, Engram, Ertz, Kittle type and missed out on the Hockenson, Waller and Andrews types, or if you had Henry, I say why not take a shot as the upside is up there with the best.

There's also the excitement Keenum has for playing with Jordan Reed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NBatum88 said:

Henry owner here. I rostered Davis thinking Reed would be out. Ugh, I think I need to pick up Reed too.

1 hour ago, liyy1 said:

Henry owner here. I rostered Davis thinking Reed would be out. Ugh, I think I need to pick up Reed too.

Chewing the same Fat

but still going to play Davis

Is he coming back this week? Not much out there on waivers I rostered Davis this week. 

All the good TEs are gone whats left is Dissly, Ebron and Reed lol

2 hours ago, jeffr913 said:

Is he coming back this week? Not much out there on waivers I rostered Davis this week. 

I'd rather pick up Dissly than run Davis out there again (assuming Reed is out again)

2 hours ago, jeffr913 said:

Played Ebron this week.  Going for Dissly.  Already released Reed - I wouldn't doubt we see a retirement statement come out soon.  I just don't know why this guy keeps going at the well to get clocked in the head. 

He practice today? Thinking of putting in a claim for him as OJ Howard insurance.

Not sure he's worth my lotto ticket J. Hill though.

I'm out. Just can't deal with the injuries any more and having to maneuver him in and out of IR every week until he inevitably gets declared "out". Dropped in dynasty. Do yourself a favor and move on.

1 hour ago, Jugernot said:

He didn't practice today. What are the chances he suites up for Monday?

I doubt he plays given the hurdles players have to clear to come back with concussions and he hasnt even practiced yet.