hipriest69

Kevin Huerter 2019-2020 Outlook

23 minutes ago, IT2 said:

Is anyone still holding this guy or dropping him to stream?

are you aware he's on a minutes restriction and ready to be fully unleashed? 

• Like 1

Just now, doomz said:

are you aware he's on a minutes restriction and ready to be fully unleashed? 

Yes, but i'm more concerned about the backcourt depth. They got a lot of boys that will get minutes. If his ceiling is only like 25 mins a game, I'm not sure hes worth the upside

27 minutes ago, IT2 said:

Yes, but i'm more concerned about the backcourt depth. They got a lot of boys that will get minutes. If his ceiling is only like 25 mins a game, I'm not sure hes worth the upside

He's gonna play over 30 minutes a game... Trae, Huerter and Collins are the foundation of the Hawks team. He's a strong hold.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IT2 said:

Is anyone still holding this guy or dropping him to stream?

Minutes restriction so please wait. If you can see low minutes at the moment but producing fairly. Wait for 1 week or 2 weeks at most.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ahtech said:

Minutes restriction so please wait. If you can see low minutes at the moment but producing fairly. Wait for 1 week or 2 weeks at most.

What impresses me the most is his assist numbers in 20 minutes of play time. I think he can get 5 assists a game this year.

he's been great so far in limited minutes. His ball handling has improved considerably.

Edited by doomz

Yeah when Young is out he's definitely running the show.  Very interested to see what he does when the minutes limit comes off.

He also played in back to backs so that’s a good sign. Strong hold for me. 

Trae out for weeks?

Huerter to see a hige spike? Or does the minutes limit stunt his production?

3 minutes ago, whips02 said:

Trae out for weeks?

Huerter to see a hige spike? Or does the minutes limit stunt his production?

i think it stunts to a degree but KH will be asked to do more playmaking. Say same minutes but role in offense will expand.

Hawks play Thursday but after that they dont play until Tuesday 11/05

This beauty is the only other good playmaker the hawks have so grab him while Trae is hurt! 

Anybody heard when the minutes restriction might be removed?  I'm ready for Huerter to get unleashed

Are you guys holding? Up to 25+ minutes last night but still didn’t play well.

Does he need Trae out there to take the next steps that everyone thinks he’ll take?

16 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

Are you guys holding? Up to 25+ minutes last night but still didn’t play well.

Does he need Trae out there to take the next steps that everyone thinks he’ll take?

Good question, he’s sitting on my wire and I have a free spot available for an upside guy. Wondering if he’s the one. He looks like he has the ability to produce on this Hawks team but I can’t quite put my finger on it sans the low minutes. Love the passing ability and now he’s driving to the rim more than last season. Outside shot is still kinda inconsistent. Right now he’s on my watch list. 

• Thanks 1

gotta be a little more patient with him. He's still getting his legs under him. no preseason or basketball activity for a while. Was never going to hit the ground running 

I'm holding. It's probably going to take a few more weeks since he missed preseason. It's tough but it's still early in the season

The box scores won't show it, but Reddish has been outperforming him even with his boneheaded shot selection. He's just miles ahead as a defender than Huerter is due to his size and versatility. Another problem is Bembry is a better facilitator and has improved greatly. He is also very versatile and can play in multiple spots.

Huerter is gonna be good, But not this boom player if you were expecting that. It's going to take some patience. Trae's injury might be a blessing in disguise. Now the team can try and gel and build a rhythm without a ball hog.

He's sitting on my waivers and the drop would be either Thybulle or Bertans. I'm on the fence, but based on the small sample size so far this season I'd rather keep these guys over Huerter. Will continue to keep a close eye on him though as I think he's a big part of the Hawks future and big minutes will be there eventually.