hipriest69

Kevin Huerter 2019-2020 Outlook

I hope he gets an injury-free streak going at one point, man. Is he currently a drop in 10 team leagues, especially those with an already-occupied IR? Or is there danger of not getting him back.

1 hour ago, brickcitymamba said:

I hope he gets an injury-free streak going at one point, man. Is he currently a drop in 10 team leagues, especially those with an already-occupied IR? Or is there danger of not getting him back.

There's gotta be someone better in 10 team on the waiver.

Edited by DezedandConfused
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brickcitymamba said:

Instant drop , this isn't Victor Oladipo or something . Just keep him on your watch list and scoop him up soon as you hear some encouraging updates. I'm just salty because all the stars were aligned for Red Velvet to take on a bigger role , and he was having such a great start in the game he got hurt .  

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 2

Just now, RunCMC said:

I'm just salty because all the stars were aligned for Red Velvet to take on a bigger role , and he was having such a great start the game he got hurt .  

Ditto. Every season, there are some players who you hope take that next step and are interested in how they manage it, he's definitely one of 'em this season. I had just created a AC thread and was going to pick him up when Jokic lumbered into him...

On 11/13/2019 at 2:23 PM, NoahsArc said:

It's good news that there was nothing serious seen initially, hopefully the team can give an estimated time table once they evaluate the MRI. I had him on my roster to begin the season and kept him right until the night before they started him. I'm so stupid. The owner who picked him up impulse dropped him last night after the injury. Debating on using my #3 waiver wire to pick him back up, crossing my fingers he's not out too long though.

Update: I didn’t use a waiver wire claim for him. No one in my league cares for Red Velvet so I scooped him up for free. The reports that have come out so far have been positive in my opinion. The MRI was clean, no ligament damage, ect. Kind of wish I knew what a shoulder capsule sprain was though. Never heard of that before. I stashed him on my IR for now. As someone mentioned previously it’ll probably take him 3-4 weeks to recover. I liked what I saw in the few starts he had before the shoulder injury. If he could start adding a consistent steal every game then he’ll have solid ROS value. If you can afford to stash Huerter, I would grab him off the wire for his season long potential. Good end of the bench guard in 12 team leagues.

• Thanks 1

looks good to me, time to pick up maybe for those who dropped him. Probably another 1-2 weeks if you can afford to wait

Edited by atlantadynasty
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, atlantadynasty said:

looks good to me, time to pick up maybe for those who dropped him. Probably another 1-2 weeks if you can afford to wait

He looks like he can play now!!!

Any projected season averages for this fella? Both realistic/rational and optimistic ones welcome. I like his game, but just trying to figure out if he's got 10 team value and whether to try and somehow free up a roster spot

46 minutes ago, brickcitymamba said:

Any projected season averages for this fella? Both realistic/rational and optimistic ones welcome. I like his game, but just trying to figure out if he's got 10 team value and whether to try and somehow free up a roster spot

Realistic: 28 MPG, 42% FG, 12.5 PPG, 4.0 RPG, 4.0 APG, 2.0 3PG, 75% FT, 0.9 STL 

Optimistic: 30 MPG, 43% FG, 14.0 PPG, 4.5 RPG, 4.5 APG, 2.5 3PG, 80% FT, 1.2 STL 

Hoping for: 35 MPG, 50% FG, 35.0 PPG, 11.0 RPG, 11.0 APG, 8 3PG, 90% FT, 3 STL 

Edited by sharkpotato
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

He may be closer than we expected. 😬

Edited by NoahsArc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I picked him up in my very competitive 12-team, 15-CAT league. He's seems to be an overrated fantasy prospect. However, he plays a high amount of minutes and shoots efficiently from the floor, particularly from three. I'd say it could be a good pick up based on potential.

1 hour ago, LW_00 said:

I picked him up in my very competitive 12-team, 15-CAT league. He's seems to be an overrated fantasy prospect. However, he plays a high amount of minutes and shoots efficiently from the floor, particularly from three. I'd say it could be a good pick up based on potential.

I don't know how overrated we can say he is yet as things seemed to be falling in place for him before the injury and he hasn't had a chance to show what he's capable of yet statistically.  He got hurt in his third game off of a 25 minute restriction, second game being in the starting lineup.  His ball handling and playmaking are needed, and I think there's a lot of potential like you said.

Edited by CharlesCC2

Could be back soon. Anyone think he can be good enough to roster for 12 team leagues?

3 minutes ago, XNW said:

Could be back soon. Anyone think he can be good enough to roster for 12 team leagues?

I added him everywhere I could. He was trending up before his injury. Got to be patient a bit I guess. 

2 hours ago, XNW said:

Run don't walk . Kid's a stud , powerful pickup even in a 10 teamer . 

15 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Run don't walk . Kid's a stud , powerful pickup even in a 10 teamer . 

doesnt really look like he has good stocks/percentages... guess i can drop mo bamba for him after Sunday's game. Aren't the Hawks a bit crowded in the guards/SF with Bembry, Reddish, Hunter etc.

28 minutes ago, XNW said:

doesnt really look like he has good stocks/percentages... guess i can drop mo bamba for him after Sunday's game. Aren't the Hawks a bit crowded in the guards/SF with Bembry, Reddish, Hunter etc.

Hawks are pretty high on this kid. I think he’s a safe bet for 27-30 min

23 minutes ago, XNW said:

He has upside, and was barely beginning to pick up steam before the injury. His %'s are actually not bad , last month he was at 46% FG on 9 attempts a game , if anything his FT% is a bit weak but he barely takes any for it to matter. But yeah stocks is where he's lacking  , he did almost avg. a STL a game last year . And he's about half that, on the year now . If he can bring that back up , he would give some really nice value. Also I see his assist numbers go up this year as they've been touting him to be more of a secondary ball handler behind Trae.  Red Velvet , Lets go ! 

49 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

He has upside, and was barely beginning to pick up steam before the injury. His %'s are actually not bad , last month he was at 46% FG on 9 attempts a game , if anything his FT% is a bit weak but he barely takes any for it to matter. But yeah stocks is where he's lacking  , he did almost avg. a STL a game last year . And he's about half that, on the year now . If he can bring that back up , he would give some really nice value. Also I see his assist numbers go up this year as they've been touting him to be more of a secondary ball handler behind Trae.  Red Velvet , Lets go ! 

Haven't dug too deep into the numbers, but his height for a guard might also help with blocks? I recall them sporadically popping up in his statlines every now and then.

I really would like to pick the guy up myself as well, but sadly have not managed to free up a roster spot :/