Gauthmann44

Luis Campusano - (C) SD

After being brought up in the Deep Sleepers thread I think this guy deserves his own post. While catching prospects are very hard to predict - along with the Padres system being loaded with catchers, I think Campusano can make a name for himself for the Padres, or be traded to another team with a void at the position. For some background on him....

"The Padres selected Campusano in the second round of the 2017 MLB Draft. He debuted in full season ball last season, slashing .288/.345/.365 with 3 home runs (106 wRC+) in 70 games and 284 plate appearances at Low-A Fort Wayne. The 20-year-old made the jump to High-A Lake Elsinore this season, and he’s exploded. Thru 311 plate appearances, Campusano is slashing .328/.394/.511 with 11 home runs and nearly as many walks (36) as strikeouts (45). The current 153 wRC+ sits second among ALL hitters in the Cal League, and the 27.6 Hard% (h/t Rotowire) suggests the statistical output is no fluke."

- Ray Butler of Prospect 365

• Like 1

Damn, I just started a thread existed already, I reported mine to be deleted

Homered in his last two games, heating up and will be a big riser on lists soon.

Henry (Duluth): 

• What kind of offensive ceiling does Luis Campusano possess?

J.J. Cooper: We have been discussing him a lot the last few days as a guy who could slide into the Top 100 before long. The encouraging aspect is how well his bat has come along--his defense has been very good for a while. Catching is hard, but he has the potential to be a above-average everyday catcher (which means 100-110 games a year these days).

Posted (edited)

Legit!! Not sure why their keeping him in the Cal league but im super curious to see how he handles the jump to AA.

Another score to BrockPaperSizzler for starting this thread on another future stud prospect.  Ive gotta commend him as He seems to find these guys way before everyone else.  After he started a thread on Pete Alonso last year, I picked him right up in my 3 dynasty leagues and reaping the rewards big time. Also he found Blake Snell and Shane Bieber way before anyone else.

And after learning about Edward Cabrera  a couple of months ago after he put him on the map,  I gobbled him up and have no doubt he'll be money for me. Garlando also discovered Nate Pearson last year and I drafted him with my 4th pick last year and kid is looking legit. I really have to commend BrockPaperSizzer and Garlando. Those 2 are the kings or Queens of prospects. Eat your heart out Jake Sarena (just kidding, Ive respected your prospect knowledge since I first spoke to you 5 years ago but you don't post as much on this site, so when it comes to prospects here...@BrockPaperSizzer and @Garlando are the Kings or Queens of the MiLB forum!

Edited by My Roy Williams Tramp Stam
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Padres have Luis Torrens who is playing extremely well in AA and Austin Allen tearing up AAA. That’s why Campusano will stay in A+ unless the Padres dump Hedges on someone

hes only 20 there is nonrush

• Like 1

2 hours ago, My Roy Williams Tramp Stam said:

Legit!! Not sure why their keeping him in the Cal league but im super curious to see how he handles the jump to AA.

Another score to BrockPaperSizzler for starting this thread on another future stud prospect.  Ive gotta commend him as He seems to find these guys way before everyone else.  After he started a thread on Pete Alonso last year, I picked him right up in my 3 dynasty leagues and reaping the rewards big time. Also he found Blake Snell and Shane Bieber way before anyone else.

And after learning about Edward Cabrera  a couple of months ago after he put him on the map,  I gobbled him up and have no doubt he'll be money for me. Garlando also discovered Nate Pearson last year and I drafted him with my 4th pick last year and kid is looking legit. I really have to commend BrockPaperSizzer and Garlando. Those 2 are the kings or Queens of prospects. Eat your heart out Jake Sarena (just kidding, Ive respected your prospect knowledge since I first spoke to you 5 years ago but you don't post as much on this site, so when it comes to prospects here...@BrockPaperSizzer and @Garlando are the Kings or Queens of the MiLB forum!

Gauthmann44 (hat tip) Started this thread but totally agree with your post overall. There are quite a few really knowledgeable prospect junkies on here and BPS and Garlando are deff one of a few at the top. 

On 7/26/2019 at 10:08 AM, brockpapersizer said:

Damn, I just started a thread existed already, I reported mine to be deleted

Homered in his last two games, heating up and will be a big riser on lists soon.

Henry (Duluth): 

• What kind of offensive ceiling does Luis Campusano possess?

J.J. Cooper: We have been discussing him a lot the last few days as a guy who could slide into the Top 100 before long. The encouraging aspect is how well his bat has come along--his defense has been very good for a while. Catching is hard, but he has the potential to be a above-average everyday catcher (which means 100-110 games a year these days).

•  

Damn my bad @brockpapersizer haha

On 9/30/2019 at 7:49 AM, brockpapersizer said:

no word and why he got removed

he was removed to play in the Padres "Future Stars" game tonight.

• Like 1