hipriest69

Troy Brown Jr 2019-2020 Outlook

Was a forgotten man early, but after the exodus of OPJ, Oubre, Ariza, et al, got some burn and flashed some skills and multi-cat potential, had 4 double digit scoring games in the last 6.  He looks to build on his rookie year and prove to be a foundational piece for the Wiz to build around.  With a regular starting role, over 30 minutes a night, and minor improvement, I'll predict

12 points 5-6 reb 3 assists 1 three 1 steal on 43% FG 75% FT

Not bad for a late round / last pick

• Like 1

Btw, I traded Bacon for Brown in a dynasty roto league as I feel Brown has more multi-cat potential.

I also think Wall's absence benefits Brown the most (after Beal).  I could even see a situation where because of injuries or just poor play that Brown takes over the PG role for chunks of time from Ish and Isaiah.  Although its also possible Justin Robinson gets called up or sticks with the team and carves out rotation minutes.  He's probably another deep sleeper to keep an eye on. 

This guy is guaranteed to get at least 28 mpg considering the roster make-up of the Wizards. I think Grunfeld actually made a good pick by drafting this guy at #15. And he's only 20..........Maybe an All Star in 3-4 years?

A really good late round Dynasty pick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dino10k said:

This guy is guaranteed to get at least 28 mpg considering the roster make-up of the Wizards. I think Grunfeld actually made a good pick by drafting this guy at #15. And he's only 20..........Maybe an All Star in 3-4 years?

A really good late round Dynasty pick.

I could see that path...he looked really good at times last year.  His swing skill of course will be if he can hit 3's consistently which will not only help him score more points, but will unlock more of his game.  

is he the forgotten man? really impressive summer league

he could be out until early December, but still worth a look and stash on IR?

2 hours ago, t0087669 said:

is he the forgotten man? really impressive summer league

he could be out until early December, but still worth a look and stash on IR?

I wouldn't.  There will be better players who get injured in the first couple weeks. Almost guaranteed.  

Yahoo still not giving him the INJ status. Couldn't drop him because I am in a very deep league (20 team)

1 hour ago, japs said:

Yahoo still not giving him the INJ status. Couldn't drop him because I am in a very deep league (20 team)

I am in the same boat, deep league cant drop. I do believe he will be the starting SF for the Wizards so worth holding on.

Tweeted Yahoo about it. they won't give him the INJ tag unless the team "officially" rules him out for at least 7 days.

So I guess we will have to wait until then or 7 days later which is next week to get the INJ tag

• Like 1

Is this guy projected to be good this year? Apparently he could play Wednesday?

What do we actually know about this guy?  I dont mean to even sound like im down on him I am just genuinely curious.

Can we expect minutes in the 25+. Is he a multi cat guy? 3 and D?

• Haha 1

He's gonna be the starting SF. Isaac Bonga is much more raw than Troy Brown is, and they are about the same age anyway. It's gonna be Brown's job to lose. He does have multi-cat upside due to versatile skill set. However, he couldn't do much with an expanded opportunity during the tail end of last year. We will see what he can do when he comes back from injury.

• Like 1

I would if you have someone to drop pick him up. Was need some scorer and he could get starting position too

I love this kid but the problem is I will have 3 wizards in 1 team if I will get him. lol.

5 hours ago, ahtech said:

I love this kid but the problem is I will have 3 wizards in 1 team if I will get him. lol.

Don't ever let this affect who you pick up if you think they fit your team and can help it get better.

9 hours ago, KingDURANTULA said:

He gon' kick Bonga to the curb soon and get 30+mpg

definitely, esp since Bonger played terrible last night in similar minutes. Like I said earlier, its TB jr's spot to lose. Good start in limited minutes though.

2 hours ago, MITICOLOVER said:

I am thinking about drop Eric Gordon for Troy Brown or Danuel House....what do you think guys?

I'd wait. Try to pick up TB Jr some other way, he could come in handy very soon.

Seems like an unknown, nobody knows what to expect. The path to min is what makes him exciting. Il be watching like a hawk! 

3 hours ago, GreatG said:

Seems like an unknown, nobody knows what to expect. The path to min is what makes him exciting. Il be watching like a hawk! 

If you have a streaming spot, I'd grab him now if you are in a deep league...even in a competitive 12 team league

5 hours ago, MITICOLOVER said:

I am thinking about drop Eric Gordon for Troy Brown or Danuel House....what do you think guys?

I would do it tbh. Eric Gordon has been horrible. Not sure why he is still 59% owned on Yahoo. 

He doesnt provide you with anything else and could potentially hurt your FG%.

You can easily replicate this 3s by playing the wire.

I hope his minutes be good once he's healthy. Minutes > Production.

Didn't feel comfortable dropping Rodney Hood for him, but the upside is alot greater.