hipriest69

Troy Brown Jr 2019-2020 Outlook

On 10/31/2019 at 10:47 AM, GreatG said:

Seems like an unknown, nobody knows what to expect. The path to min is what makes him exciting. Il be watching like a hawk! 

Don't be dismayed by the lack of minutes for the next few weeks.Wiz have him on a minutes restriction (16-20 I believe) and they can afford to be very patient with him. I actually think they want to give Bonga as many minutes as possible before likely sending him to the G-League.

I think TBJr is an asset now, but he'll be more of an asset post-Thanksgiving.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, markus85 said:

Doing well today? Anyone watching?

I’m liking what I’m seeing. Just waiting for that minutes restriction to be lifted, he’ll be very productive soon enough.

I've never watched this guy play. What kind of skill set does he have? Or even better, what kind of lines can we more or less expect if given 26+ minutes a night in a starting role?

1 minute ago, theantishere said:

I've never watched this guy play. What kind of skill set does he have? Or even better, what kind of lines can we more or less expect if given 26+ minutes a night in a starting role?

Swiss army knife. 

I really wish I knew what his minutes & role will look like post restriction. I just don't trust Brooks.

Added him in 3/4 of my 12 teamers...dropped guys like Saric/Portis/Dedmon. If you got a crappy end of bench guy take a chance on this kids upside. At this point of season there’s isn’t much balance for production vs upside, most guys you pickup you’ll prob drop in couple games(give u production, but no upside at all)....Brown has the starting job to lose essentially and is a jack of all trades type.He should be starting in about 1-1.5 week over Bonga. In competitive 12 teamers I doubt there anyone with better upside.

This kid has been my deepest sleeper this yr,  the injury kept him from being drafted or he would of been on all my squads draft day. Profiles as a great playmaker and power rebounder for the sg/sf position, looks like he could get some defensive stats too based on athleticism. Preseason showed us he’s a great prospect, first game showed us he got lil offensive game, second game showed his versatility. I’m all in. I got a Levert type feeling about this kid (situationally...talented rookie injured...comes back to shred it) Drafted at 19, last year his game was unpolished, so made no splash, kids looking more refined this season tho! 

Edited by IDatDude
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, IDatDude said:

Added him in 3/4 of my 12 teamers...dropped guys like Saric/Portis/Dedmon. If you got a crappy end of bench guy take a chance on this kids upside. At this point of season there’s isn’t much balance for production vs upside, most guys you pickup you’ll prob drop in couple games(give u production, but no upside at all)....Brown has the starting job to lose essentially and is a jack of all trades type.He should be starting in about 1-1.5 week over Bonga. In competitive 12 teamers I doubt there anyone with better upside.

This kid has been my deepest sleeper this yr,  the injury kept him from being drafted or he would of been on all my squads draft day. Profiles as a great playmaker and power rebounder for the sg/sf position, looks like he could get some defensive stats too based on athleticism. Preseason showed us he’s a great prospect, first game showed us he got lil offensive game, second game showed his versatility. I’m all in. I got a Levert type feeling about this kid (situationally...talented rookie injured...comes back to shred it) Drafted at 19, last year his game was unpolished, so made no splash, kids looking more refined this season tho! 

I bite the bullet last night. He seems like a season long stick. Not sure he'll ever get the starting nod at SF over my PJ Tucker, but having great depth in case of injury in Rotisserie is clutch.

34 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

I bite the bullet last night. He seems like a season long stick. Not sure he'll ever get the starting nod at SF over my PJ Tucker, but having great depth in case of injury in Rotisserie is clutch.

Yeah man, at this point in a lot of my 12 teamers there’s a lot of hot picks up for the next 1-2 weeks due to some injuries, but all seem to be short term (warrior whole squad lol, Turner, etc) in couple weeks they should all be back on the wire.

If we’re being real, Brown prob won’t produce anything amazing for you upcoming wk...still getting feet back under him/mins restriction, pretty bad schedule next wk too. Ppl may pick him up to stream and drop him. But long term wise though, when he does start in like 1-2 weeks, that’s the end game I’m playing. Well rounded game (1st rd pick), starting job,and a struggling crappy team. Usually these are key ingredients for fantasy gold.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IDatDude said:

Thats where he sold me. I just dropped Thybulle for him. While I like Thybulle (2-4 steals/1-2 blocks potential), he does not provide much else where.

Off to a great start against the Pistons. Granted, their wings aren't anything to write home about but still nice to see that he's getting into a rhythm.

Nice start so far.  By-product of IT2 moving to starting lineup?  He’s crushing it with 2 steals already and 5 boards and counting.  Definitely watching and may drop E. Paschal for him. 

Edited by vspt

2 minutes ago, vspt said:

Nice start so far.  By product of IT2 moving to starting lineup?  He’s crushing it with 2 steals already.  Definitely watching and may drop E. Paschal for him. 

No, Troy has been playing primarily with the bench this game which means he's getting most of the usage. He's fairly versatile so I doubt it would hurt him whether he starts or not as long as he gets the minutes.

He definitely passes the eye test. He is still rusty but in terms of talent its undeniable. I also really like how active/athletic he looks since so far its showing up in the peripheral stats (rebounds, steals, etc.). 

I am just trying to decide whether he is already on a 12T radar and grab him now even if I risk dropping someone who is currently better than him or whether its a ticket I can afford to be patient with and pick up further down the line.

I'd see him go against a more defensive Pacers team, but he is looking great out there! Those off position boards look very tasty.

Shame I only streamed him today, I already have my young project in PJ, but I feel I will definitely regret not holding him very soon...

In highly competitive 12 teamers should already be owned/semi stashed...if not though, tonight should be last night floating on ww

Just now, 80version said:

Gave me reason to ditch LNJ, as if I needed more.  

I mean you need KLove to be traded in order to free up playing time.

But if Cavs are trading KLove away, a promising big is probably the return. 

So either way, LNJ is playing behind someone else.

This thread about to blow up after tonight lol

• Haha 1

Shout out to the veterans in this thread. Had no idea who this kid was until 30 minutes ago and am now stoked to be an owner. Looks like he's going to kill it in points leagues, very active player on this Wizards team.

• Like 1