hard1

Diontae Johnson 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Just saw this, it may be time......

• Like 1

I'd love to pick this guy up but having trouble with his value. Inexperienced QB, #3 or #4 target on the team right?

3 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Just saw this, it may be time......

Yup, grabbed him in my 14 teamer. Rather grab, watch, and drop then stand back and watch him blow up before waivers next week. 

1 minute ago, m_cox22 said:

I'd love to pick this guy up but having trouble with his value. Inexperienced QB, #3 or #4 target on the team right?

I think everyone is assuming Washington will have the most value after Juju here. I tend to agree with them, but Johnson may end up being that guy. And if their running game doesn't pick up, the Steelers aren't afraid to throw the heck out of the ball.

• Like 1

Just now, kball09 said:

I think everyone is assuming Washington will have the most value after Juju here. I tend to agree with them, but Johnson may end up being that guy. And if their running game doesn't pick up, the Steelers aren't afraid to throw the heck out of the ball.

Juju, Vance, Conner/Samuel, Washington/Johnson with Rudolph throwing the rock. I love beating the waivers, I'm just a little skeptical at this point. Wasn't Moncrief out for most of the game last week and he still didn't do much?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, m_cox22 said:

Juju, Vance, Conner/Samuel, Washington/Johnson with Rudolph throwing the rock. I love beating the waivers, I'm just a little skeptical at this point. Wasn't Moncrief out for most of the game last week and he still didn't do much?

Moncrief has stone hands, is the reason he didn't do much

1 hour ago, CABLE87 said:

Moncrief has stone hands, is the reason he didn't do much

He was talking about Johnson

1 hour ago, kball09 said:

There's a lot more reason to assume Washington is that guy. Rudolph was his QB in college when he won the Bilitnikoff. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OrangeAggie said:

There's a lot more reason to assume Washington is that guy. Rudolph was his QB in college when he won the Bilitnikoff. 

Riiiight, but now he's in the NFL and has other receivers. I think Washington is going to be valuable, but people are realllly milking that aspect.

23 minutes ago, kball09 said:

Riiiight, but now he's in the NFL and has other receivers. I think Washington is going to be valuable, but people are realllly milking that aspect.

No way man, they used to shower together 🚿

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, kball09 said:

shower narrative is worth 3.6 pts in ppr weekly

watch the steelers actually be good now, they have some awesome young weapons and a good o line.

3 hours ago, OrangeAggie said:

Well not so sure about that

Rudolph and Johnson has spent all the Second Team reps together up until last Sunday

• Like 1

Ah so confused now, is the #2 going to be this guy or Washington? Is the Z or the X more valuable in this offense?

5 minutes ago, CooL said:

Ah so confused now, is the #2 going to be this guy or Washington? Is the Z or the X more valuable in this offense?

Not sure about this offense, but more often than not your best receiver plays X.

1 minute ago, young dude said:

Not sure about this offense, but more often than not your best receiver plays X.

And is usually covered by the best CB as well.

Theilen got nullified in the 2nd half last year by moving from slot to “X”

As for Rudolph/Washington connection OC will get the ball in the best playmakers hands and that’s Johnson

9 minutes ago, kencav said:

As for Rudolph/Washington connection OC will get the ball in the best playmakers hands and that’s Johnson

Johnson is a better Route Runner

1. I think y'all may be oversimplifying this. Diontae is going to get more looks but Washington will likely have as many air yards (on fewer targets).
  3. Ultimately it'll boil down to who does more with their slice of pie.

Antonio Brown played the X receiver in this offense last season. I guess Washington will play the outside receiver role, similar to M Bryant in the past. Despite the college connection between Rudolph and Washington, D Johnson may have the higher upside here.

3 hours ago, TLBDS said:
  1. I think y'all may be oversimplifying this. Diontae is going to get more looks but Washington will likely have as many air yards (on fewer targets).
  3. Ultimately it'll boil down to who does more with their slice of pie.

10 minutes ago, ukdesi said:

Antonio Brown played the X receiver in this offense last season. I guess Washington will play the outside receiver role, similar to M Bryant in the past. Despite the college connection between Rudolph and Washington, D Johnson may have the higher upside here.

So Washington will be like Will Fuller with huge ADOT. This is helpful. I think my preference therefore would be Dionte over Washington. Washington might have the splash plays but Dionte will be more consistent. 

5 hours ago, kencav said:

Theilen got nullified in the 2nd half last year by moving from slot to “X”

Wow, I owned Diggs last year and I never heard that!  Got a link?

On 9/20/2019 at 2:24 PM, ajs723 said:

Hop aboard before it's too late. 

On board with the news of Diontae's promotion to the starting X receiver -- like the idea of the Mason Rudolph/Diontae stack at the end of my bench

Excited to see what he does with this opportunity.

(Fun Fact: Diontae was the next WR off the board following our favorite monster - DK Metcalf - in this years draft)

Picked up a share of Diontae hoping to be a week early rather than a week too late.  I'm a believer.  It's amazing how close his measurables are to Antonio Brown.