Sign in to follow this  
habslive

Am I crazy to take Hopkins #2 overall? WHIR 100%

I'm in a 12 team PPR keeper league, can keep up to 4 players with a cost associated (the cost being 2 rounds higher than they were drafted previously) 

While it hasn't been made official, I've identified which players I expect would be kept, just to give a sense of what kind of value you can expect from round to round. It's about 25 players or so.

Here's the list (my keepers are in bold) - Conner, Carson, Kamara (8th), A Jones (10th), Golladay (9th), Edelman (6th), Juju, Mahomes, Guice, Godwin, D Williams (KC), Ridley, DJohnson, Pettis, H Henry, Hill, Thielen, Cohen, Lockett, M Thomas, Mack, OJ Howard, Chubb, Kittle, Adams

So, I'm assuming Saquon goes #1... leaving me with CMC, Zeke and Hopkins to choose from. I've run some mocks and it seems I can get a better RB at the 2-3 turn than WR. Somewhere in the range of Fournette-D Henry- D Freeman. The WR that come in around that range are Woods, Cooks, Diggs. I feel my keepers leave me in a stronger RB position than WR. 

Are these good enough reasons to overlook Zeke and CMC, and go with Hopkins?? Literally no competition for targets in Houston. 

17 minutes ago, habslive said:

Are these good enough reasons to overlook Zeke and CMC, and go with Hopkins?? Literally no competition for targets in Houston. 

I'm a huge Nuk fan, but I would still take Zeke/CMC over him in most formats. Especially CMC in PPR is gold (I'm a bit scared by Zeke's contract and character situation).

Can I ask about your keepers? Did you consider JuJu, Kittle or even Mahomes? Edelman in the 6th is not terrible, but I would think these guys could at least be an option.

Just now, Boudewijn said:

I'm a huge Nuk fan, but I would still take Zeke/CMC over him in most formats. Especially CMC in PPR is gold (I'm a bit scared by Zeke's contract and character situation).

Can I ask about your keepers? Did you consider JuJu, Kittle or even Mahomes? Edelman in the 6th is not terrible, but I would think these guys could at least be an option.

Kittle/Juju/Mahomes are property of other managers and are being kept. For the value, I think I have the top set of keepers in my league. Zeke is as consistent as they come when he plays, and I love CMC as a PPR machine. Part of it is me feeling that I'll be able to grab a better RB at the 2-3 turn (or Ertz) than WR. Plus, Kamara and Jones is already a very solid RB1-RB2 combo. I think I need to run different mock scenarios with me taking CMC and me taking Hopkins. I've even considered Julio tbh but the TD's just don't seem to come.  too bad bc that's such a variable stat.

• Like 1

With and without Hopkins, my starting lineup could be: 

QB: xxxx. RB: Kamara, Jones.   WR: Hopkins, Golladay, Edelman.  TE: Ertz.  FLEX: D Henry/D Freeman/Fournette

QB: xxxx RB: Kamara, McCaffrey.    WR: Golladay, Edelman, Cooks (as an example).    TE:      Flex: AJones

It's you're decision personally i wouldn't draft Hopkins that high. 

Yes the luxury of a stud rb is second to none, I wouldn't pass on CMC or zeke 

I don’t think it’s crazy to consider. I’d still take Zeke for sure but I don’t think it’s outlandish to consider him over CMC. Remember, it’s your team and you have to live with it. Would it bother you more to pick Nuk and then watch Zeke outperform Nuk or pick Zeke and then watch Nuk outperform Zeke? Hope that makes sense. 

CMC outscored Hopkins by 40+ points last season.  

I’d take CMC given the format. His ceiling is higher, 

i’d rather have

CMC and Woods/Cooks/Diggs

than

Hopkins and Fournette/Henry/Freeman

Given your team and format. 

30 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

You don’t have any other better keepers than Edelman?

I think Edelman will be a target monster. Most managers only have 2 or 3 decent keeper level players. I've got 4 so I'm pleased with that. When I run my mocks (with the keepers factored in) Edelman's ADP is 3rd-4th round. 

My other players who I'm not really considering keeping would be Breida (13th), Ballage (12th), D Hamilton (12th), and that's about it. I thought Breida would be cool but the 49ers essentially have the same player three times over in Coleman, Breida and McKinnon. 

3 hours ago, habslive said:

I think Edelman will be a target monster. Most managers only have 2 or 3 decent keeper level players. I've got 4 so I'm pleased with that. When I run my mocks (with the keepers factored in) Edelman's ADP is 3rd-4th round. 

My other players who I'm not really considering keeping would be Breida (13th), Ballage (12th), D Hamilton (12th), and that's about it. I thought Breida would be cool but the 49ers essentially have the same player three times over in Coleman, Breida and McKinnon. 

I was thinking you might have a late rounder that might pan out later and you’d have him cheap for awhile. Those options aren’t great so might as well keep Edelman in that case 

Draft CMC instead he's gonna be a PPR machine the dude not only runs like a madman, but he catches an insane amount of passes too.