The G Man

Devin Singletary 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, Proteus said:

Do you know this or just hope it?

was almost ready to Go last week plus bye this week. Logic says yay

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Smoketheclay said:

What’s the Gore/Singletary split gonna be week 7?

Probably 50/50. If he does what he did the first couple of games he'll probably get sightly more. But never have to carry the full load.

I plan on picking this cat up off waivers if I can. Can anyone chime in on his value? Is he a good player to keep on your bench in case he takes over Gore's role? Or does he have enough value to start in a timeshare?

24 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

I plan on picking this cat up off waivers if I can. Can anyone chime in on his value? Is he a good player to keep on your bench in case he takes over Gore's role? Or does he have enough value to start in a timeshare?

he showed great efficiency, albeit on limited targets/carries week 1 and 2 (10, 6). the most encouraging note is his 70% snap in week 1, and of course he got injured during week 2.

i don't think frank gore will ever go away, but i'm personally not worried about tj yeldon taking away many snaps (3% and 7% of snaps week 1 and 2). imo, singletary will be the preferred back on passing downs, and will obtain at least a 50% snap share moving forward, with the opportunity to take over if he maintains the efficiency that he showed week 1 and 2.

buffalo has a relatively soft schedule coming up against the rush, so i think he will produce even if he doesn't completely take over the backfield this year. talent wise, i don't think that there's a question that singletary is the best of the 3 buffalo backs.

Edited by johnwallin
sp

This kids schedule coming out of the bye is absurd even if him and Gore are splitting 50/50 he will be productive.

Dolphins

Eagles

Redskins

Browns

Dolphins

I think he will be Tevin Coleman type productive 10-15 FP consistently maybe with a splash game sprinkled in. 

12 minutes ago, CroNY said:

This kids schedule coming out of the bye is absurd even if him and Gore are splitting 50/50 he will be productive.

Dolphins

Eagles

Redskins

Browns

Dolphins

I think he will be Tevin Coleman type productive 10-15 FP consistently maybe with a splash game sprinkled in. 

Want no part of the eagles game everything else is fine 

Idk how he doesn’t put up rb2 numbers this weekend if he’s healthy...seems like 30-35 rb touches to go around in game script positive 

On 10/13/2019 at 7:10 PM, Smoketheclay said:

What’s the Gore/Singletary split gonna be week 7?

On 10/13/2019 at 7:55 PM, JPT said:

Probably 50/50. If he does what he did the first couple of games he'll probably get sightly more. But never have to carry the full load.

50/50, really?

Coming off an injury with Gore playing as effective as hes been, its doubtful he'll split touches with Gore.

7 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

50/50, really?

Coming off an injury with Gore playing as effective as hes been, its doubtful he'll split touches with Gore.

I'd say 50/50 too. They've run Gore out of necessity. Singletary is more spry. They are going to need Gore over the long haul and will need to limit him a bit since he's been carrying the load with Devin out. There is no reason to believe they'll limit Singletary any further than an even split. Could even be 50/40/10 (Yeldon) in favor of Singletary at 50. Let's not act like Gore is young. It is not wise to have him carry the load when he doesn't need to do it.

Edited by FitzMagic

16 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I'd say 50/50 too. They've run Gore out of necessity. Singletary is more spry. They are going to need Gore over the long haul and will need to limit him a bit since he's been carrying the load with Devin out. There is no reason to believe they'll limit Singletary any further than an even split. Could even be 50/40/10 (Yeldon) in favor of Singletary at 50. Let's not act like Gore is young. It is not wise to have him carry the load when he doesn't need to do it.

IDK.

Singletary's the future.  Why not wear out the old man while there's still tread on the tires against the Miami's of the world?  Save the game breaking talent for the stretch run against Dallas, Bal, Pit and NE.

58 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I certainly hope so. It just makes too much sense and you know how these head coaches LOVE going against decisions that make too much sense.

I was just going by Devin's 2nd game, before he got hurt. After his decent 1st game, he barely touched the ball before hurting himself.

5 hours ago, Gryfter said:

I certainly hope so. It just makes too much sense and you know how these head coaches LOVE going against decisions that make too much sense.

I was just going by Devin's 2nd game, before he got hurt. After his decent 1st game, he barely touched the ball before hurting himself.

He got hurt in the 4th quarter 

I could see Gore potentially getting alot of touches in the revenge game narrative against his old team, the Dolphins.  That said, he's probably glad they let him go, rather than be part of that mess.  If he gets 50% of the load against Miami, he should put up big numbers, seeing how Miami is last against rushing and not counting any receiving work.  

6 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

I expect Singletary to get lots of catches going forward, Gore will probably still get the majority of carries though. 

What makes you think this?  I envision the opposite.  Talented rookie back gradually takes over as future hall of famer veteran fades.  Seems like the script here to me.  

35 minutes ago, rocket said:

If he  gets 50% of the load against Miami, he should put up big numbers, seeing how Miami is last against rushing and not counting any receiving work.  

To clarify, I was talking about Singletary here

37 minutes ago, rocket said:

I could see Gore potentially getting alot of touches in the revenge game narrative against his old team, the Dolphins.  That said, he's probably glad they let him go, rather than be part of that mess.  If he gets 50% of the load against Miami, he should put up big numbers, seeing how Miami is last against rushing and not counting any receiving work.  

Both Singletary and Gore grew up in Miami and played college ball there, I'd bet both of their childhood teams.

Could be a nice little narrative for both if they run for 300 yards on them lol.

[...] My hope is that as the weather gets colder a team with a young QB and good defense will let the young RB ball out. Also it’s never a bad an idea to stash on high upside RBs that can be a league winner in December 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

2 hours ago, vthokie3 said:

He got hurt in the 4th quarter 

Exactly my point. He wasnt involved in the offense for the first 3 quarters.