The G Man

Devin Singletary 2019 Outlook

7 hours ago, Gryfter said:

Exactly my point. He wasnt involved in the offense for the first 3 quarters.

He scored a touchdown in the 2nd quarter. No one is saying he's going to get 20 touches right now but if healthy he'll get 12-15 which is good enough to start this week considering his ability and the opponent 

Been holding this guy in a 10 teamer because he looked so damn good before the hammy. He's got to supplant Gore when healthy, right? I mean, Gore will get some carries, but Singletary looks like he can be special. 

2 hours ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

Been holding this guy in a 10 teamer because he looked so damn good before the hammy. He's got to supplant Gore when healthy, right? I mean, Gore will get some carries, but Singletary looks like he can be special. 

Gore has been typical Gore this year, old reliable. He'll be in the mix as long as he's healthy, and being a trusted veteran, he'll most likely retain starter status and be the lead back on opening drives. And being the veteran back, will most likely be the choice back when Buffalo closes out games. I'd expect him to continue seeing 12+ touches a game.  I'd expect Singletary to more supplant Yeldon's role (the role Singletary originally had) and slowly eat into Gore's as the season progresses. Buffalo is winning games with the formula they're using now. It may be in their best interest to not overload their potential stud rookie if they don't have to, especially after he already got injured 2 weeks into his rookie campaign. 

• Like 2

I don't think Gore is going away either but I can see Singletary's role slowly growing and he definitely has late season hero potential if the old man gets hurt. I know you can say that about a lot of RBs but some have more upside than others and I think DS has alot

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, owenmills said:

I don't think Gore is going away either but I can see Singletary's role slowly growing and he definitely has late season hero potential if the old man gets hurt. I know you can say that about a lot of RBs but some have more upside than others and I think DS has alot

Frank Gore is invincible.

20 minutes ago, collucho said:

Frank Gore is invincible.

He truly is. I remember when he broke his hip in 2010 and I was thinking how does a RB recover from that? Here we are almost a decade later!

2 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

He truly is. I remember when he broke his hip in 2010 and I was thinking how does a RB recover from that? Here we are almost a decade later!

Guy deserves a 30 for 30.

Regardless of how many touches Frank Gore gets. I will be starting Singletary over Mixon as long as reports say he's healthy. #csb

• Like 1

I’m in a world of hurt this week at both RB and WR. So I’m strongly leaning towards Singletary. It’s hard to play him with little knowledge of what his snap count / touches will be. It’s also hard to sit him in what is the best matchup of the year.

He could put up a dud (due to low volume). But he also could have solid (or great) game. I think of all the options that I have to play in my flex this week, Singletary is the one I would regret sitting on my bench if he blows up, because it’s just such an obvious blow up opportunity for him. 

• Like 2

Devin Singletary (hamstring) is practicing in full for Week 7 against the Dolphins.

Singletary hasn't played since Week 2 but was very close to returning Week 5 ahead of last week's bye. The Bills decided to play it safe and get him back to 100% for the final 10 weeks. Singletary should immediately be inserted back into fantasy lineups for a dream spot against the Dolphins, even if Frank Gore is going to remain involved in this backfield.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I own Singletary and have high hopes for him, but is everyone forgetting about Gore? That dude ruins backfields.

11 minutes ago, gufomel said:

I’m in a world of hurt this week at both RB and WR. So I’m strongly leaning towards Singletary. It’s hard to play him with little knowledge of what his snap count / touches will be. It’s also hard to sit him in what is the best matchup of the year.

He could put up a dud (due to low volume). But he also could have solid (or great) game. I think of all the options that I have to play in my flex this week, Singletary is the one I would regret sitting on my bench if he blows up, because it’s just such an obvious blow up opportunity for him. 

I understand your concerns, but in this case I really don't think you have too much to worry about him being limited. Word on the street is he was pretty close to playing before the Bills bye week. But the team wanted to give him even extra time to be 100% for their remaining 10 games. Fire this cat up. This is the Dolphins we're talking about.

1 minute ago, Squidward said:

I own Singletary and have high hopes for him, but is everyone forgetting about Gore? That dude ruins backfields.

Miami's run D is so bad they can both have 100 yard games

• Like 2

Just now, Squidward said:

Definitely not forgetting about him. I think he’s been mentioned plenty here. But when you’re looking for a breakout candidate at RB and you see a highly-touted rookie is in a muddy backfield in the preseason, one of the RBs in the backfield gets traded away before the season, the rookie flashes early in the season, his competition is a very old veteran, he’s on a team that is competing, and the 2nd half of the season schedule is juicy. 

It captures my attention for sure. 

8 minutes ago, Squidward said:

Gore is a placeholder until the coaching staff has confidence in Singletary to be the lead back. It seemed as if he was slowly gaining that trust before the injury. 

Many forget that in week 1, Singletary played 45 snaps to Gore's 19. Granted, much of that had to do with gamescript, but Singletary may not be too far off from being the man.Either way, even if he splits touches with Gore that could be enough for a big game against the Fish where they are 17pt faves.   

Edited by wideopen21

Guy whose number one skill is avoiding tacklers playing against team which instructs its defensive players not to tackle. 

Hmmmmm . . . .

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Yup Singletary has been penciled in to my lineup lets get it boys. Starting with confidence. 

2 minutes ago, collucho said:

Yup Singletary has been penciled in to my lineup lets get it boys. Starting with confidence. 

FYI Pencil doesn’t not = confidence 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

I don’t know about that dude. But this is live footage of me putting Singletary in my lineup.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29e60ab43ad0b330c455

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

What

3 minutes ago, dsrich said:

What

A pencil was a writing device used back in the olden days. You could use it to write with graphite that was easily erasable with a rubber eraser that was conveniently in the other end of the pencil. If you wanted to write something down that you weren’t confident in and might want to change at a later date, you would use pencil. 

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, gufomel said:

A pencil was a writing device used back in the olden days. You could use it to write with graphite that was easily erasable with a rubber eraser that was conveniently in the other end of the pencil. If you wanted to write something down that you weren’t confident in and might want to change at a later date, you would use pencil. 

Good thing you didn't mention cursive writing.

Unfortunately I have to leave him on my bench and it is killing me. This week will be a prime matchup, even with split touches.