The G Man

Devin Singletary 2019 Outlook

Is Devin likely to be the guy next season? Like 18-touch/game kinda guy? Or does Gore stick around like a roach?

It's been funny reading the Gore thread. Those dudes are pretty nervous. 

What I think happens is we're all happy at the end of the day. v MIA I think we see a Coleman/Breida situation playing out in a good way. Useful stats for both coming up.

If BUF builds an insurmountable lead by halftime, that obviously favors Singletary I would think. The problem is BUF doesn't do that sort of thing.

Regardless - both RBs are RB2s with Devin having a chance at elite RB1 numbers if everything breaks right.

Edited by SuperJoint
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Renegade412 said:

I'm hoping this guy is the David Montgomery I was promised

Hang on to Montgomery.  His schedule from week 10 on is silly nice.  He and Singletary both have silly amazing schedules.  Look for these two to carry you too and through the playoffs

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Glandypants said:

Hang on to Montgomery.  His schedule from week 10 on is silly nice.  He and Singletary both have silly amazing schedules.  Look for these two to carry you too and through the playoffs

The x-factor is one has a good coach and the other doesn't.

Are we feeling confident firing up this cat this week? I'd be hesitant if it was any other team, but he's playing the sorry excuse for an NFL team in the Dolphins. Unless you have some really good options as a flex, I think he's a solid start.

He's fresh, young, and well-rested from his injury. No reason to not like him this week even with Gore playing.

Of course, this is the NFL and MIA could show up and look like one of the best defenses for one week.

Just traded for this guy. I’m just hoping for the chance to see him take more control of the backfield.  [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content
  • Like 1

The Singletary hype train has already seemed to reach warp speed across the interwebs and Twitter-verse. I always seem get sucked into these. Who wants to come knock some sense into us?

5 minutes ago, gufomel said:

The Singletary hype train has already seemed to reach warp speed across the interwebs and Twitter-verse. I always seem get sucked into these. Who wants to come knock some sense into us?

Image result for frank gore gif

10 minutes ago, gufomel said:

Knock some sense into us? That sounds boring

spacer.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gufomel said:

5 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Top 5 in runs 15+................only has 10 rushes.

You. Are. Not. Helping.

12 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Top 5 in runs 15+................only has 10 rushes.

....and is about to face a team that is actively trying to lose............

Going to sit him this week and see how they use him on his first game back. 

5 minutes ago, k1ng said:

Going to sit him this week and see how they use him on his first game back. 

Problem is they’ve got the Eagles next week so a tough run D matchup even if he’s getting decent usage. 

Edited by gufomel

6 hours ago, RoseLin23 said:

Are we feeling confident firing up this cat this week? I'd be hesitant if it was any other team, but he's playing the sorry excuse for an NFL team in the Dolphins. Unless you have some really good options as a flex, I think he's a solid start.

I'd like to hear from those who are starting him, who are you starting him over?

1 minute ago, BklynBlue said:

I'd like to hear from those who are starting him, who are you starting him over?

Choosing between him or Fitzgerald at FLEX.

7 minutes ago, BklynBlue said:

Seriously considering starting him over Kerryon, considering their respective matchups.

15 minutes ago, beerfish said:

Choosing between him or Fitzgerald at FLEX.

14 minutes ago, JJRules said:

Seriously considering starting him over Kerryon, considering their respective matchups.

11 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Might start him over Sony or Murray.

I’m sorry but starting him over Fitzgerald or Kerryon seems a little...bold...to put it nicely. Anything can happen, but I just don’t think that’s a very high probability move.

I don’t think I’d start him over Michel, but I can see that one more. Over Murray seems reasonable, but he’s gonna have great volume if Kamara is out.

Basically starting him over anyone in the top 20 RBs or WRs seems like it’s buying too much into the hype. But sometimes the hype is real, and maybe this is one of those times.

Edited by gufomel

Just now, gufomel said:

Basically starting him over anyone in the top 20 seems like it’s buying too much into the hype. But sometimes the hype is real, and maybe this is one of those times.

I think its more about the Miami D than the hype (at least for me it is)