The G Man

Devin Singletary 2019 Outlook

6 minutes ago, FrankGoresLeftHand said:

Josh Allen could vulture that TD.

Great point 

22 hours ago, Fort4242 said:

I'm in the same boat deciding between Singletary and Kerryon - but what has Kerryon done with all that volume?

You have a hard decision. If you exclude the Chiefs game Kerryon is only averaging 2.6 ypc over 61 carries. Even with the Chiefs game he’s only averaging 3.3. 

Any word at all out of Bills camp on Singletary (other than that he’s active)? I’m leaning towards starting him because I don’t really believe in my other options that much, but I’m pretty worried about volume. I feel like we’re banking on 10 yards per touch, and while that’s certainly possible against this Dolphins defense, it feels optimistic. 

8 minutes ago, gufomel said:

Any word at all out of Bills camp on Singletary (other than that he’s active)? I’m leaning towards starting him because I don’t really believe in my other options that much, but I’m pretty worried about volume. I feel like we’re banking on 10 yards per touch, and while that’s certainly possible against this Dolphins defense, it feels optimistic. 

I'm banking on 20.

21 minutes ago, gufomel said:

Yeldon a healthy scratch, so this is definitely a good sign for minimum 30% usage. 

Edited by gufomel

Flex with confidence.

He's a somewhat risky RB2 with blow up potential just based on the match up and his talent. 

Just now, The G Man said:

Flex with confidence.

He's a somewhat risky RB2 with blow up potential just based on the match up and his talent. 

Who cares where you play him? If he's in your lineup you need points regardless if he's in the RB2 slot or Flex.

• Like 2

I am sitting Auden Tate and plugging in SIngletary in my PPR.  Yeldon news seals it for me. Good luck all!

So Yeldon sitting should help.  I am worried they ease in Singeltary..only reason still looking at Auden.

12 minutes ago, FrankGoresLeftHand said:

For what its worth Yeldon against Cincinnati, New England and Tennessee took 38%, 56%, 48% of offensive snaps. 

Interesting, but I’m not sure how much snap count matters. Looks like Yeldon’s touches in those games were:

CIN: 22% of carries + 2 catches

NE: 0% of carries + 4 catches

TEN: 7% of carries + 4 catches

But arguably, the team would look to get Singletary more touches than Yeldon for the snaps that he’s on the field for. 

12 minutes ago, FrankGoresLeftHand said:

For what its worth Yeldon against Cincinnati, New England and Tennessee took 38%, 56%, 48% of offensive snaps. 

I guess I should've added that Frank Gore had 62%, 44% and 52% during those games meaning that no other RB took offensive snaps. 

Just now, bosny said:

Anyone starting this guy?  

I am over Sony.

2 minutes ago, gufomel said:

Interesting, but I’m not sure how much snap count matters. Looks like Yeldon’s touches in those games were:

CIN: 22% of carries + 2 catches

NE: 0% of carries + 4 catches

TEN: 7% of carries + 4 catches

But arguably, the team would look to get Singletary more touches than Yeldon for the snaps that he’s on the field for. 

What's interesting is Yeldon was used more in 1st and 2nd downs than he was in 3rd downs in those games. 

In the Cincinnati games was used on 10 1st and or 2nd downs and 1 3rd down. 

Against New England 5 1st and 2nd downs and 0 3rd downs. 

Against Tennessee 4 1st and 2nd downs and 2 3rd downs. 

It will be interesting to see if Devin will have a higher usage rate on 3rd downs. If so that should be his bread and butter.

2 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

I am over Sony.

Same. Expert rankings don’t have Singletary even close to Sony, and I usually go with rankings when there’s such a large disparity. But I just have to go with Singletary on this one. I could definitely end up being wrong. 

Edited by gufomel

I’m starting him over Latavius Murray and Austin Ekeler. The Dolphins are god awful and are feeding points to RBs. He might only get 50% of the usage next to Gore, but the matchup is too enticing.

I'm starting him... I have no other option than to start him and take a risk this week and hope he blows up. Kamara was my rb1 and mahomes was my qb. My only other option would be try latavius murray against the bears. I think the chances are higher with singletary vs miami having a couple weeks to rest up. And just found out yeldon isnt playing so that gives even more positive snaps to singletary.

OK..you all convinced me.  Sitting Auden Tate in PPR.  Good luck to us all!!!

Sucks to hold a guy on your bench this long to see that kind of usage.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TwoCan Sam said:

I’m starting him over Latavius Murray and Austin Ekeler. 

Ouch. I felt bad until I read this.

Anyway. 

We losing hope here?

Just like that?

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Anyway. 

We losing hope here?

Just like that?

Not losing hope in the long term. Definetly a hold in Dynasty / Keeper.

In the short term he will likely remain in a limited role because the Bills are winning and Gore is running well. He is still a rookie and missed several games due to injury. 

On 10/18/2019 at 5:51 PM, PlayTheWaivers said:

Sheesh. Sometimes fantasy football does not have to be hard...dominant d against pathetic tanking o...as home favorites...that’s the best rushing matchup in the league? And good field position?

i wouldn’t be surprised if he had 100 yfs and 2 tds. It is within the realm of possibilities. Slim, but it’s there.

just because the possibility was there didn’t mean it would actually happen....lmao

really not sure what to do with this guy. Wow you won’t find a better matchup. Dolphins came to play today- maybe josh Rosen is a huge loser and can’t motivate like fitz can 

36 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Anyway. 

We losing hope here?

Just like that?

I am...holding another week unless some hot item comes up but I’ve held onto him way too long through injury after the early season tease. Costing me opportunity to pick up players at this point