The G Man

Devin Singletary 2019 Outlook

5 hours ago, crazyfingers711 said:

Can't wait for his 4 carries this weekend

Nope. Probably going to cement a deal in the morning and he’ll be off my team.

18/176/3 breakout incoming

7 carries v the worst D in the league - did nothing. He didn't help himself at all. Now he faces a real D - the dream is dead at least until pre-week 9 (Skins).

Hopefully after gore passes number 4 on the rushing list, we won't see him getting carries as much.  Not sure why they even signed gore when they had shady.

On 10/21/2019 at 4:55 PM, fullonchubb said:

Honest question but where do you get that from?  This last game really dampened his outlook for me and I was depending on him to be my RB2 ahead of Sony.

Bills only ran 49 plays because Miami was killing the clock all game. Wasn’t much opportunity for him to shine in this game so everyone thinks he’s done? He looked fantastic before he got hurt. It’s time to buy low.

Singletary is much better than Gore and his snaps will go up, he’s also a very solid receiver and Allen is throwing tons of short passes so he will get more catches going forward. He is great in open space so they need to throw to him more.

45 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

Hopefully after gore passes number 4 on the rushing list, we won't see him getting carries as much.  Not sure why they even signed gore when they had shady.

Because Gore is better.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Bills only ran 49 plays because Miami was killing the clock all game. Wasn’t much opportunity for him to shine in this game so everyone thinks he’s done? He looked fantastic before he got hurt. It’s time to buy low.

Singletary is much better than Gore and his snaps will go up, he’s also a very solid receiver and Allen is throwing tons of short passes so he will get more catches going forward. He is great in open space so they need to throw to him more.

Based on what. 

Hope is not a strategy.

On 10/13/2019 at 7:55 PM, JPT said:

Probably 50/50. If he does what he did the first couple of games he'll probably get sightly more. But never have to carry the full load.

On 10/15/2019 at 12:44 PM, FitzMagic said:

I'd say 50/50 too. They've run Gore out of necessity. Singletary is more spry. They are going to need Gore over the long haul and will need to limit him a bit since he's been carrying the load with Devin out. There is no reason to believe they'll limit Singletary any further than an even split. Could even be 50/40/10 (Yeldon) in favor of Singletary at 50. Let's not act like Gore is young. It is not wise to have him carry the load when he doesn't need to do it.

So...this is the week???

If he doesn't get more touches or produce a little this week I'm probably going to cut bait. He's been a waste of a roster spot.

7 minutes ago, p0k said:

If he doesn't get more touches or produce a little this week I'm probably going to cut bait. He's been a waste of a roster spot.

Dropped him to carry Justin Tucker through his bye week.  That's about as valuable as I consider this guy to be...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SuperMarksBros. said:

Dropped him to carry Justin Tucker through his bye week.  That's about as valuable as I consider this guy to be...

The guy just came off injury. I think it is shortsighted to drop him right now. He's played in three pro games. I'd at least wait until he's played three games back before cutting him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SuperMarksBros. said:

Only path to relevancy here is 3-5 catches a game and 3rd down work. Until then, he's worthless...and this is the last week for me to hold as a rb3 prospect 

So in PPR look like the preferred start over Frankie week in week out I guess. I mean dag gone the rushing attempts is baffling but it seems he will have that 10-12 pt PPR floor going forward, am I wrong?

33 minutes ago, CharlesHustle said:

So in PPR look like the preferred start over Frankie week in week out I guess. I mean dag gone the rushing attempts is baffling but it seems he will have that 10-12 pt PPR floor going forward, am I wrong?

He had 2.60 PPR points last week and has 7 touches in each game since returning.

No, his floor is not 10-12 points.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I guess this snap % is somewhat promising, though mostly due to game script I’m sure. 

• Like 2

As long as Gore is around Singletary is one of those guys you're always going to start/sit on the wrong weeks, like me the last 2 weeks.

Edited by owenmills

40 minutes ago, owenmills said:

As long as Gore is around Singletary is one of those guys you're always going to start/sit on the wrong weeks, like me the last 2 weeks.

So 2030 is Singletary SZN?

This guy's pretty crazy. Aside from his first game post injury he's been double digits. His points per touch is off the charts- these idiots need to get him on the field. Still a hold- id feel comfortable flexing him now that he's healthy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gufomel said:

So 2030 is Singletary SZN?

Is that the year Frank Gore is going to die? 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

This also feels eerily similar to hyde-johnson north...

You mean Hyde-Chubb last year? I can see the comparison. Man, if Gore gets traded in the next couple days...😁😁😁😁😁

With that said, I just don’t see Gore getting traded. What could they get for him? A 7th? The Browns at least got a 5th for Hyde, so that trade made sense. 

Edited by gufomel

There is absolutely no way they trade Gore. Even if they were going to let Singletary start to take the lead they'd want Gore as depth. He's a PITA in fantasy but he's valuable to them in real life.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, owenmills said:

There is absolutely no way they trade Gore. Even if they were going to let Singletary start to take the lead they'd want Gore as depth. He's a PITA in fantasy but he's valuable to them in real life.

this. I've held Singletary all year and will continue to do so but barring injury Gore is still going to get work