The G Man

Devin Singletary 2019 Outlook

18 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I've literally not started him once when he scored double digit points. Each time I started him...2.6, 6.5, 8.4. Enough's enough- drop this guy. Too much of an unpredictable headache

10th highest rushing total this week with two guys in the top 10 there were likely not started in any leagues in Gus Edwards and Jonathan Williams. What a headache.

I’m starting him every week. Gore is done, he’s just not an effective runner anymore. He will get lots of catches in the touch matchups too when they’re trailing, he’s their main receiving back. Allen still isn’t checking down at all but he sends Singletary a few easy targets a game.

I'm going to continue to hold and start more times than not. He has pretty obvious talent, including speed and hands. He's getting the ball in his hands a decent enough amount of time where he's going to break a few of these carries. The best contemporary comparison I can come up with is Drake, probably.

Edited by SuperJoint

1 hour ago, SuperJoint said:

I'm going to continue to hold and start more times than not. He has pretty obvious talent, including speed and hands. He's getting the ball in his hands a decent enough amount of time where he's going to break a few of these carries. The best contemporary comparison I can come up with is Drake, probably.

Yeah drake is pretty spot on. I was hoping he could be like Alvin but the offense doesn’t feature him enough in the pass game which is a shame. 

I don’t wish major injury on players but I’d be elated if Gore took a long vacation weeks 14-16

Edited by owenmills

11 hours ago, fantasysupersaiyan said:

when do u guys think we would start him. Dallas?

yeah. other than that his playoff schedule is real rough. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

but the offense doesn’t feature him enough in the pass game which is a shame. 

Which I really don't get. He seems to have all the tools and the body type to be an extremely effective pass catcher out of the back field. I hope they see what I see and start utilizing him more in that area.

• Like 1

Have to play him this week with Melvin Gordon's bye.  Either that or Gus Edwards, but I just can't put a backup as my RB2.  Chalk this week up to a loss.

Singletary should be viewed as a RB3/Flex ROS. He has RB2 upside if things go right. I don't have any issue starting him in the flex weekly. People gripe way too much about him.

If you gave him 20 carries a game, he'd be a low-end RB1. It's insane how we use him. He is the real deal, can't wait until we take the kid gloves off of this man.

• Like 1

Anyone else rolling him out in the lineup today?

Edited by HTXMade

2 minutes ago, HTXMade said:

Anyone else rolling him out in the lineup today?

I am but not a lot of other options. Actually L Murray is my only other option lol

I'd probably start him, tbh, over guys like Laird and Guice. Devin is guaranteed production if the volume is there.

38 minutes ago, Br0kenB said:

I'd probably start him, tbh, over guys like Laird and Guice. Devin is guaranteed production if the volume is there.

Strong possibility for BUF turnover in Denver territory too...scoring opportunity

Pretty impressive when the bills can hold a lead- this was an ugly game and he's comfortably in the rb2 range. Receptions should tick up too

• Like 1

like him against Dallas this week. Probably wont touch him in the playoffs though :(

What is there to like about him against Dallas?

I’m still concerned with not getting a full workload and Allen vulturing tds.

10 minutes ago, devaster said:

People still have that Aaron Jones 4 TD game in mind. Cowboys suck vs the run really. Follow Skip Bayless and you'll know all about what the Dallas defense is up to each play.

14 minutes ago, devaster said:

DAL is a mediocre run D. Overall pretty solid but they've given up their share of big RB games. Singletary has still not broken one. If he continues to get at least 15 touches per game he is overdue to do so imo. 

BUF has a solid offense overall. Allen has it going on offense particularly with Brown and Beasley right now. The big-play attraction will always be there with Singletary in these conditions if he's getting the rock at his current rate.

The prime time thanksgiving day game in Dallas is what really concerns me. Dallas could run away with the game on offense. They were a top scoring offense before the Patriots put them in place.

3 minutes ago, devaster said:

The prime time thanksgiving day game in Dallas is what really concerns me. Dallas could run away with the game on offense. They were a top scoring offense before the Patriots put them in place.

He should be involved in the passing game if that happens...i wouldnt be ultra concerned about gameflow

11 minutes ago, Silkk1211 said:

He should be involved in the passing game if that happens

Whoa there. He is NOT "involved in the passing game".

24 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Whoa there. He is NOT "involved in the passing game".

To be fair the last few games they have not been huge underdog's. It's only natural that he will be involved in the passing game if they fall behind. 15+ touches last 3 of 4