slmroz

Trae Young 2019-2020 Outlook

4 minutes ago, richg24 said:

Ya i don't get it, if anything this season should have been one of his highest preranks. He has always had a more clear lead scorer on the team with Derozan and then Kawhi, now it's just Siakam (who is not as high usage or such a big scorer like Demar or Kawhi) and a bunch of system/role players around. Biggest opportunity he has had for fantasy purposes I'd say. I guess they are focusing on the age thing that he is getting older but as long as he is still motivated he will be fine and raps should be solid enough that he will play hard all season. 

Two more years of top 30 imo.  After that 🤷‍♂️ 

6 hours ago, richg24 said:

What if lonzo improves and gentry loves him and his connection with Zion? Its clear they are bff already and throwing non stop lobs in practice. Jrue is a great player but lonzo could impact him quite a bit and it seems people aren't really considering that much when rating jrue. I guess even if his usage goes down he will still be really good for steals and out of position blocks. With trae you have seen already his elite 2nd round production for last full 2 months of season and he is the guaranteed focal point of the offense controlling all the possessions. To me that's a safer pick.  

lonzo helps everyone, especially jrue.

5 hours ago, rncnomics said:

lonzo helps everyone, especially jrue.

that you Lavar? 

Edited by richg24
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, richg24 said:

Ya i don't get it, if anything this season should have been one of his highest preranks. He has always had a more clear lead scorer on the team with Derozan and then Kawhi, now it's just Siakam (who is not as high usage or such a big scorer like Demar or Kawhi) and a bunch of system/role players around. Biggest opportunity he has had for fantasy purposes I'd say. I guess they are focusing on the age thing that he is getting older but as long as he is still motivated he will be fine and raps should be solid enough that he will play hard all season. 

Have to chalk it up to age I guess. I will say this, I've owned him almost every year in at least one of my leagues for the last 5 years or so. He's a massive headache. He ALWAYS gets hurt or sits a game during the playoffs. He's a stud during the season but towards the end of the second half he does his usual bit of screwing owners over.

Why do I draft him then? I have no clue. i'm a glutton for punishment I suppose. 

Aight lets talk more about Trae. You get him in front of Kyrie, Kemba or Jrue? TO the only thing that is worrying me 

11 minutes ago, atlantadynasty said:

Aight lets talk more about Trae. You get him in front of Kyrie, Kemba or Jrue? TO the only thing that is worrying me 

I play 8 cat roto auctions and I have Trae, Kyrie and Jrue at about the same tier. I might value Trae slightly more because of the scarcity of assists which he completely dominates but his fg% might be an issue for me in roto. 

I think Kemba is clearly a tier below these three.

• Like 1

some dude in my league drafted him in the first (11th in a 12 team league), got a lil nervous thinking i was sleeping on dude but damn did he reach. yall think he can put up Curry levels up or is that a pipe dream?

43 minutes ago, Kobe824 said:

some dude in my league drafted him in the first (11th in a 12 team league), got a lil nervous thinking i was sleeping on dude but damn did he reach. yall think he can put up Curry levels up or is that a pipe dream?

Well Curry is the best shooter in history. He shoots damn near 50/40/90 while carelessly  bombing 40 footers while chewing on a mouth piece.  Before Durant he had one of the best fantasy years in history so....

...no real reason to answer whether Trae can reach Curry levels this year.  Back to Trae can probably have a great popcorn stats year and challenge 25/10/5,  close to 3 threes. He might also be able to get a steal just by staying on the court. But his stocks are horrible and I bet his FG/To are sub .45 and over 4.  That’s too inefficient to be a top 15 player without punting.  He might actually be a first rounder in punt FG/To.  Might.  

He should be durable though and put up gaudy counting stats.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Kobe824 said:

In almost all of the money league drafts he was off the board by early 2nd round, saw him go 1st round too in a couple of drafts so dunno 

On 10/11/2019 at 7:47 AM, Purple Hippo said:

I play 8 cat roto auctions and I have Trae, Kyrie and Jrue at about the same tier. I might value Trae slightly more because of the scarcity of assists which he completely dominates but his fg% might be an issue for me in roto. 

I think Kemba is clearly a tier below these three.

Interesting. I have Jrue, Kyrie, Kemba in the same tier and Trae just under them. Then again I play H2H so rankings probably are different. 

I still don't get the hype behind this kid and luka in 9 cat leagues. 

29 minutes ago, snerpy said:

Interesting. I have Jrue, Kyrie, Kemba in the same tier and Trae just under them. Then again I play H2H so rankings probably are different. 

I still don't get the hype behind this kid and luka in 9 cat leagues. 

Clear leader in his team. Huge potential to lead the league in assists and can score 20+ on any given night. He has huge value in the right team.

1 hour ago, Bluo said:

Clear leader in his team. Huge potential to lead the league in assists and can score 20+ on any given night. He has huge value in the right team.

I'm not saying he's not going to be an amazing player in the NBA. But when it comes to NBA fantasy value, he didn't even make the top 75. I would say his ceiling is top 25 if he improves his fg% stls and TO's. Seeing him go in the teens is beyond me but I guess with all the NBA injuries, some high mid tier guys are getting moved into earlier rounds. 

18 minutes ago, snerpy said:

I'm not saying he's not going to be an amazing player in the NBA. But when it comes to NBA fantasy value, he didn't even make the top 75. I would say his ceiling is top 25 if he improves his fg% stls and TO's. Seeing him go in the teens is beyond me but I guess with all the NBA injuries, some high mid tier guys are getting moved into earlier rounds. 

He was ranked 27th in the last 3 months of the season when punting TO's. Given that he was a rookie and there's expected growth, that is why people are taking him so high.

I had him in mutiple leagues last yr. His first few months was terrible but his improvement last few months was big. 

2 hours ago, the1gq2nvy said:

I had him in mutiple leagues last yr. His first few months was terrible but his improvement last few months was big. 

Depends on the league. Even with he bad start, he was #29 in a points league, just ahead of Chris Paul and Lowry for the year.

The second half of the year he was #10 in a points league.

So going in the teens would not be out of the question

• Like 1

Imma be honest ... I wasn’t a believer of this kid AT ALL. Laughed at all the ppl that took this kid in the 2nd. Now I’m watching his game on LP and I know it’s only 1 game but this kid looks confident and solid af. 

If you drafted this kid, go grab your chick and give her the pipe .. traes gonna win leagues this year. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Flamez said:

Imma be honest ... I wasn’t a believer of this kid AT ALL. Laughed at all the ppl that took this kid in the 2nd. Now I’m watching his game on LP and I know it’s only 1 game but this kid looks confident and solid af. 

If you drafted this kid, go grab your chick and give her the pipe .. traes gonna win leagues this year. 

same.  became a believer down the stretch last year and still for whatever reason was hesitant to pay 3rd round value for him.  Whoops.  Looks like a top 10 guy.

16 minutes ago, Flamez said:

He was one of the better players in the entire league last year. Undoubtably a second rounder. 

I subbed him out for Curry in DFS. 

Of course he is blowing up to show how big an idiot I am. 

• Haha 1

Unbelievable. Took him 10th overall in a 8 team League mostly for trade him later to a fan of him in a big package or keep him and see how he works in our league counting DD...but...damn..

he's really fun!! and one of a few guard capable of big numbers and DD.

Edited by Faber