slmroz

Trae Young 2019-2020 Outlook

7 minutes ago, WonkaWorld said:

Watched the game live, the way dude was reacting you would of thought he tore his achilles or something. He was crying and biting down on a towel, had to be carried off by multiple team mates.

If this turns out to "just" be a mild sprain this dude's pain tolerance must be really low.

Pain =/= severity of injury

19 minutes ago, WonkaWorld said:

Watched the game live, the way dude was reacting you would of thought he tore his achilles or something. He was crying and biting down on a towel, had to be carried off by multiple team mates.

If this turns out to "just" be a mild sprain this dude's pain tolerance must be really low.

I'd be crying too if a wonky ankle could end up costing me hundreds of millions 🤷‍♂️ 

18 minutes ago, freddo said:

ooft that is pretty harsh. Said it was his first ankle sprain so probably why it was so sore, later said he could put weight on it as he got to the locker room.

damn what a lucky guy. first ankle sprain after years and years of basketball.

I’ll randomly sprain my ankle playing pickup 😢

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, snerpy said:

damn what a lucky guy. first ankle sprain after years and years of basketball.

I’ll randomly sprain my ankle playing pickup 😢

After properly spraining my ankle during a football game last year, nowdays I can sneeze and it'll throw my ankle out again.

My fear for Trae is that ankle injuries can have the annoying habit of lingering (see: Steph Curry), but it's a massive relief that it's only a minor sprain.

32 minutes ago, royalm said:

Divert from the subject when you're clearly in the wrong. A classic!

But trust me I am. You need to relax and stop posting on these forums :)

It ain't that serious 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, Bigballers4life said:

Who’s the pickup here?

Bembry was running the point after injury. But Reddish is intriguing imo

Cam Reddish will probably get more time. I don’t expect him to shoot well from the field this year, but he can be decent in Rebounds, assists and steals from the guard/forward spot. Plus he has 3 positions on yahoo leagues. 

Edited by 7614

Dang ... not much sympathy for the injured kid.  Y'all are mean, lol.

He seems so calm in his post-game interview. I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow to hear the MRI news, but at least it seems like the worst is over. If he misses Thursday, he'll have about a week to recover in total, before his next game.

None of the potential PG simulacra look promising ... Reddish looks more like a forward when he's out there.  Huerter ... he should just focus on shooting.  Bembry's fine, but he's also not really a PG.  I guess if I had to choose, Reddish might get the Justise Winslow treatment and start, if Wallace doesn't.

1 hour ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

He’s OUT Espn... OUT. I need IR eligibility so I can pick someone up already dammit 

In Yahoo only GTD.  What happened?  I need the INJ TAG NOW !!!   

10 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

They should still just get it to be safe. The season is early.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

I almost wet myself. great news! everybody was overreacting, but the bend in his ankle didn't look too severe.  I knew he wouldn't be out long

Edited by summersoff7
  • Like 1

Yes! Great news. I have him in one league and against him in the other. Him not being able to be IRed actually worked out! 

Like I said when it happened....a couple of games. 

Some of you never rolled an ankle while hooping I guess.

Edited by DLG10

Heh, I think it's more that some/many of us are fantasy vets and we've seen these ankle injuries linger or worsen.  

I'd rather be cautious than hopeful in these situations.  And while it was great that it looked worse than it really was ... dude, it looked pretty darn bad.

43 minutes ago, iowncrazyhair said:

C’mon yahoo we need that Inj tag

He's not injured. He either has to miss 3 games or be projected to miss 3 games. He's missed 0 and is projected to return next week after missing most likely 1 or 2 games. What's with all the nonsense complaining about INJ tags in every thread this year?

10 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

He's not injured. He either has to miss 3 games or be projected to miss 3 games. He's missed 0 and is projected to return next week after missing most likely 1 or 2 games. What's with all the nonsense complaining about INJ tags in every thread this year?

its fantasy basketball man im sure you have an idea why lol

5 minutes ago, iowncrazyhair said:

its fantasy basketball man im sure you have an idea why lol

Fair enough, I just don't remember nearly as many posts whining about it last year and the Ayton thread this season is specifically bad.

Good luck to all Trae owners out there, don't own him just love watching him ball.