Dirtbag

Caris LeVert 2019-2020 Outlook

On 9/26/2019 at 10:05 PM, apatas said:

I don't argue here, but it looks like Rotoworld experts are much higher on LeVert than people here in forum. Whom I have to believe? Look again today's column where Mike Gallagher says: I love Caris LeVert, of course. You see: of course!!

yeah, forum seems skeptical. I think otherwise.  His playoff performance, although a small sample size, was remarkable. He's a legit beast and he's also clutch. I think he is finally unleashed, and I'm sold.

• Like 2

Atkinson talked about playing Kyrie some off the ball since he has to give ball handling responsibilities to LeVert as well. Guy is legit, graet talent!

I am not overly worried about Kyrie impacting Caris this season. I am much more concerned about next season if Kyrie and KD are both healthy. That is going to make it more challenging for Caris to get the usage he needs. Overall, I really like Caris, but that FT% needs to be accounted for. 

• Like 1

Before going down with the foot injury last year Levert was THE best player on the roster. D-Lo only started to emerge once Levert got hurt (not to say it wasn't going to happen anyway, I like both guys). If he Played the full season he would have given Pascal a run for his money for MIP 100%.

He can get to the basket at will, thats not a problem, he just needs to be more consistent with the jumper and 3pt shot (they arent bad just inconsistent). once defenders REALLY have to respect his outside shot thats when he will start dominating the league.

Also an elite on the ball defender. Him and Prince will be called upon to shut down opposing teams best guards and forwards.

Only thing that will hold this guy back is another injury...pray that doesn't happen

He didn’t pan out for me last year (held him all through his injury and two weeks after he came back before cutting him) but I would take the gamble again this year in the 90-100 range. Too much upside, but the floor is definitely low with his percentages.

• Like 1

Dude is a beast. He is being drafted in most of the mocks i am in between 7-9th round. I would gladly take in the 7th for his upside. I think he continues his breakout year/play off form. If he can bring his ft% up to high 70s you’ll be laughing if you took him in the 7th. Drafting this dude everywhere he falls to 7th round. Maybe even 6th depending on the situation. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bluo said:

Dude is a beast. He is being drafted in most of the mocks i am in between 7-9th round. I would gladly take in the 7th for his upside. I think he continues his breakout year/play off form. If he can bring his ft% up to high 70s you’ll be laughing if you took him in the 7th. Drafting this dude everywhere he falls to 7th round. Maybe even 6th depending on the situation. 

People talk all the time about how if a player brings their ft% up... that pretty much never actually happens. I'm sure theres a couple examples but 9/10 times ft% issues remain for entire careers. Hes going for $12ish in my auction drafts (5 already) and although i think hes being under drafted a little, I don't see his fg% ft% or TO taking any significant or even marginal improvements.

I do think his counting stats can improve even from his pre injury games last season, but don't see any reason to assume his value won't be significantly held down by his %s and to. I'd grab him 9th round or $13 or $14. He's a good late draft pairing with harden/Lillard on punt fg/to teams since they can make up for his poor ft%. I just don't see that ft% going over 73%... 

Edited by johnval1362

this, THIS is the insight I come to Rotoworld for ❤️

spacer.png

• Haha 4

Have him in my 14 team H2H 9Cat and I’m thinking of trading him before the season starts, while he still has hype. I have a punt FT% team and I’m kinda worried with Mitchell Robinson as one of my main rebounders, behind Drummond. Tried to get Capela in the 4th round and it didn’t work out. Do you think trading LeVert for a rebounder is a good idea? Trying to package him and Smith Jr. Or just waive Smith Jr and get maybe Plumlee or Ed Davis. 

Points league stud. ESPN really needs to give him his SG eligibility. He's a SG first and foremost.

7 minutes ago, USWAY said:

Points league stud. ESPN really needs to give him his SG eligibility. He's a SG first and foremost.

I dont know if I'd say points league stud after last night's game. 10-7-2 in 24 minutes is far from earth shattering, especially considering that 30 mins is probably where he peaks. His night was probably better if your in a 9-cat with his 3 stocks to 1 TO though

12 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

I dont know if I'd say points league stud after last night's game. 10-7-2 in 24 minutes is far from earth shattering, especially considering that 30 mins is probably where he peaks. His night was probably better if your in a 9-cat with his 3 stocks to 1 TO though

One preseason game a season does not make. He definitely can contribute across the board but wasn't the most efficient scorer last year (FG%, 3P%, or FT%). But I guess you could say I'm just high on him in general.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, USWAY said:

One preseason game a season does not make. He definitely can contribute across the board but wasn't the most efficient scorer last year (FG%, 3P%, or FT%). But I guess you could say I'm just high on him in general.

I'm rooting for him just as much as you are. I invested an early 8th rounder in him (10 team). In points leagues the percentages dont matter except of course the .5 penalty for every missed FT, but it's not like hes Drummond at the line or anything. I'm hoping he can get back to what he was doing last year pre-injury 

Where are you guys drafting him? I have a chance to pick either him or SGA rd 6, and i’m leaning LeVert coz i’m punting ft.

Edited by seeL

5 minutes ago, doomz said:

are you not entertained?

Other than him missing free throws, very entertained

On 10/23/2019 at 9:12 PM, rabaak said:

Caris looks a lot better when Kyrie is on the bench

Who doesn't?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Not to be a negative Nancy, but coming from a points league, his output seems rather capped due to so much of his value coming from points, and not much coming from stocks. His numbers (fantasy-wise) have been a bit underwhelming, and I know that's largely due to it being Kyrie's team. But yeah, I was offered Griffin for him recently and feel inclined to do it even when factoring in injury stuff. LeVert is a player like none other to root for, but doesn't seem like he's the most valuable guy to have on a championship team (again, fantasy-wise). Happy to hear other thoughts or points of contention you all may have with the aforementioned.

The game I watched, LeVert got most of his stats with Kyrie on the bench.  As soon as Kyrie check out of the game, it was like a light switch went on for Caris.

Kyrie will pass the ball when three people converge on him. 

If there are two guarding him, he will take them on.

And in Kyrie's mind, no one can cover him one on one.

Kyrie is 62/138 in shooting in 201 min, while LeVert is 44/98 in 193 min. Pretty close in minutes on the court. Not so close in shots jacked up.

I'm pretty confident that those trends will stay the same throughout the year.

2 minutes ago, overtime2000 said:

man this guy can't make FT's huh

Yeah, that aside he’s a very solid punt FT guy

Some more steals would be nice though...

All I need him to do really is chill with the TOs.