Dirtbag

Caris LeVert 2019-2020 Outlook

overeaction.

let this guy do his thing, we're just 8 games into the season.

26 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

With Blake about to return?  Some fantasy formats crack me up when scrubs like Kennard are better than a star like LeVert. 

Blake will be eased back in and Detroit has all their guards injured. What exactly makes LeVert a star? The amazing %’s or stocks he puts up please explain

His counting stats is roughly where I thought it would be.. He's at 17.9 PPG now because of last nights awful performance but I see him as a 20-5-4 guy at his peak this year.

He needs to cut down those damn turnovers and raise his FT% though.. 64% is terrible for a G/F need him to raise that to 70-75 at least. Those are the two things that are killing his value.

1 hour ago, Aloon33 said:

Blake will be eased back in and Detroit has all their guards injured. What exactly makes LeVert a star? The amazing %’s or stocks he puts up please explain

I was referring to in relation to real life. 

Edited by Bugs bunny

50 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

His counting stats is roughly where I thought it would be.. He's at 17.9 PPG now because of last nights awful performance but I see him as a 20-5-4 guy at his peak this year.

He needs to cut down those damn turnovers and raise his FT% though.. 64% is terrible for a G/F need him to raise that to 70-75 at least. Those are the two things that are killing his value.

Lack of stocks hurt too. He’s a good enough defender to at least have more steals 

6 hours ago, richg24 said:

His fg% should be fine for his position but the ft% and nearly non existent steals really hurt. I think he may be one of those players that is much better in real life than fantasy

This is why I went from playing Roto to points. Levert is actually doing better than where I drafted him in my points league( I think he would be even better without playing with the ball-hog Kyrie).

Viewing a players worth to his NBA team through cats can lead to  a distorted perception of their contributions to his team. High number of steals and a good FT% are not great measuring sticks for a good NBA or fantasy player in my opinion. I'm not trying to start another Roto Vs. Points fight. 

We've had lots of discussions over the years of Roto vs Points with lots of points of view both ways. But in many peoples view, points leagues match more closely a players real life value than categories do.

In this case, Levert is doing just fine in fantasy for a 8th round draft pick in a 12 team points league. He is # 67 so far this year.  I expect him to be even better after he adjusts to playing with Irving.

Just saying.

• Like 2

Ok, officially drop city candidate.. I will show patience and wait 2 more weeks, but so far his performance sucked..

Edited by Akauders

2 minutes ago, Akauders said:

Ok, officially drop city candidate.. I will show patience and wait 2 more weeks, but so far his performance sucked..

Why wait? Drop him now and go grab Brad Wanamaker while you still have a chance!

• Haha 3

He looks like one of those "better in real life than fantasy" / "better suited in points league" kind of player, like Wiggins, Jaylen, and Ingram before (recently, they've become fantasy relevant in cat leagues too). But to drop him is a wrong move. The better move is to trade him instead for a more fantasy friendly player. I'm sure there is someone who'd want him in your league.

6 minutes ago, ThisIsSparta said:

He looks like one of those "better in real life than fantasy" / "better suited in points league" kind of player, like Wiggins, Jaylen, and Ingram before (recently, they've become fantasy relevant in cat leagues too). But to drop him is a wrong move. The better move is to trade him instead for a more fantasy friendly player. I'm sure there is someone who'd want him in your league.

I agree, but at 42% FG, 64% FT and 3.4 TO, poor stocks and average popcorn stats (he sits around 230 in yahoo ranking) i just don't understand all this hype around him any more..

13 minutes ago, Akauders said:

I agree, but at 42% FG, 64% FT and 3.4 TO, poor stocks and average popcorn stats (he sits around 230 in yahoo ranking) i just don't understand all this hype around him any more..

I'm just as frustrated as you are, but you're out of your mind if you think he's drop city. I had this guy last year prior to his freak injury and he was solid. The counting stats have dipped a bit and the peripheral stats have been terrible, but we're only 9 games into the season. Lets see what he does when he settles in a bit. If you're impatient, try to look for a trade. 

12 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

I'm just as frustrated as you are, but you're out of your mind if you think he's drop city. I had this guy last year prior to his freak injury and he was solid. The counting stats have dipped a bit and the peripheral stats have been terrible, but we're only 9 games into the season. Lets see what he does when he settles in a bit. If you're impatient, try to look for a trade. 

Yes i know, i wrote that i will wait 2 more weeks, maybe 3 and see what happens, but man this is a bad start...

Lol at emotional managers with tunnel vision wanting to drop Caris after a couple of bad games.

Zoom out, ffs. The whole Nets team sucked last night, in case you didn’t notice they got blown out. 
patience.

23 minutes ago, doomz said:

Lol at emotional managers with tunnel vision wanting to drop Caris after a couple of bad games.

Zoom out, ffs. The whole Nets team sucked last night, in case you didn’t notice they got blown out. 
patience.

He’s a bad fit with Irving. Atkinson also has prince and dinwiddiw shooting too much. LeVert should be moved to the bench so he doesn’t play with Kyrie and he can run the show. The poor free throw %, high turnovers and lack of stocks won’t go away 

On 11/9/2019 at 11:32 PM, rabaak said:

This is why I went from playing Roto to points. Levert is actually doing better than where I drafted him in my points league( I think he would be even better without playing with the ball-hog Kyrie).

Viewing a players worth to his NBA team through cats can lead to  a distorted perception of their contributions to his team. High number of steals and a good FT% are not great measuring sticks for a good NBA or fantasy player in my opinion. I'm not trying to start another Roto Vs. Points fight. 

We've had lots of discussions over the years of Roto vs Points with lots of points of view both ways. But in many peoples view, points leagues match more closely a players real life value than categories do.

In this case, Levert is doing just fine in fantasy for a 8th round draft pick in a 12 team points league. He is # 67 so far this year.  I expect him to be even better after he adjusts to playing with Irving.

Just saying.

Is that a better a better representation of his real life value so far though?

According to basketball reference he is 225th out of 233 eligible players in real plus-minus so far this season.
He is 221st in out of 233 in win shares per 48, 417th out of 423 in value over replacement player.
All the advanced stats seem to show him as a pretty bad impact player in the 9 games so far, your league may just value the things he happens to be fine at.

Not saying that is likely to continue or he won't be much better than that (he was fine in these stats last year), but his real life value over the few games so far has definitely not been great. Which shows in his 9-cat rankings.

Nets fan and watch a ton of games. the problem is hes just not playing very well, he turns the ball over way too much and his free throw percentage is putrid. Everyone whos saying Kyrie is the problem has not watched the games. yes Kyrie commands the ball a lot but this offense is run by both players. Its 1a and 1b. Levert has the ball in his hands    A TON. I think hes still just trying to find his rhythm this year. 20-5-5 is very realistic for him. He just has to get that free throw % up and stop turning the ball over at such a high rate (which i believe he will) to be the fantasy player we expected. Hes to talented not too.

Whats the most concerning and surprising to me is his lack of steals and blocks. I never would have guessed they would be so low this year. He has the ability to be one of the better defenders in the league which ive seen in past years. I believe he is playing timid on defense because of the ankle/foot injury last year. he did it on a chase down block off a turnover. just feels like its in the back of his mind and is playing much less aggressive on defense then in years past. Hes mentioned many times that a goal of his is to play a full 82 game season and i think hes willing to sacrifice some steals and blocks to stay on the court.  Also feel like he knows how much of a responsibility he has to the offense to stay on the court and doesn't want to pick up stupid fouls. So im more concerned about the stocks not coming back then his poor TO and FT% currently.

32 minutes ago, Aloon33 said:

Ruled out for tomorrow. 

Great. Shooting hand too I think.

Can't risk having his MRI tomorrow show a fracture or a break when I'm setting my weekly lineup today.

Only three games this week. I don't like his chances of playing. Now I have to hope D.Rose gets well enough to play sometime this week.