Dirtbag

Kevon Looney 2019-2020 Outlook

13 minutes ago, 80version said:

Nothing to see here folks.  The guy has asthma, upside is capped.  No value to be had.  Move along now, you don't want to waste your late pick on a 60% FT shooting roleplayer.  

Yep, no way I'm drafting this guy....

4f4b7b8cce3a920b9263179cb28d7c822cdfaa49 

/s

Well now he goes from a top 130 guy to a top 100 guy.  Btw I don’t think you know what “capped upside” means, it doesn’t mean he’s unrosterable.  Unless you think he will be a top 50 player now?  I’d like to see that in writing. 

21 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Well now he goes from a top 130 guy to a top 100 guy.  Btw I don’t think you know what “capped upside” means, it doesn’t mean he’s unrosterable.  Unless you think he will be a top 50 player now?  I’d like to see that in writing. 

Guy's totally unrosterable.  Maybe in 30 man leagues.  DND, hard pass, etc. 

/s

5 minutes ago, 80version said:

Guy's totally unrosterable.  Maybe in 30 man leagues.  DND, hard pass, etc. 

/s

Yeah, I got the /s.

So where do you think he finish in per game?  Before the WCS I projected be could be 100-130 and I picked him 115 in the rw “official” roto league.  I think he could be as good as top 90 now but I don’t foresee him being better than Allen, Dedmon, Nance, etc. Do you think he will finish better than 90?

5 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Yeah, I got the /s.

So where do you think he finish in per game?  Before the WCS I projected be could be 100-130 and I picked him 115 in the rw “official” roto league.  I think he could be as good as top 90 now but I don’t foresee him being better than Allen, Dedmon, Nance, etc. Do you think he will finish better than 90?

I have Kevon below all of them.  Nance > Allen > Dedmon > Looney.  For more context, I've been finding myself choosing btw Kevon and Collins depending on whether I'm looking for more FG% or 3PM impact in mocks.  I think you're going to see good value at that spot. 

• Like 1

I have Looney over Dedmon for sure, Allen - impossible to say until we see how the Nets manage the C rotation. Nance comfortably ahead of all 3 for now, however if his minutes get dicked around again he could quickly become unrosterable in standard leagues, again.

22 minutes ago, JStyles said:

I have Looney over Dedmon for sure, Allen - impossible to say until we see how the Nets manage the C rotation. Nance comfortably ahead of all 3 for now, however if his minutes get dicked around again he could quickly become unrosterable in standard leagues, again.

Minutes are also important. It looks like neither of these four will play at least 30 minutes. Allen and Looney probably don't get over 25-26 min and Nance didn't have last season even some short spells where he played 30 minutes. By now it seems Dedmon is likely to have the most minutes of these four PF/C and that also counts. Personally for me Allen is the most questionable, because he don't play any minutes with DeAndre Jordan, How Allen gets 25+ minutes is big mystery.

1 minute ago, apatas said:

Minutes are also important. It looks like neither of these four will play at least 30 minutes. Allen and Looney probably don't get over 25-26 min and Nance didn't have last season even some short spells where he played 30 minutes. By now it seems Dedmon is likely to have the most minutes of these four PF/C and that also counts. Personally for me Allen is the most questionable, because he don't play any minutes with DeAndre Jordan, How Allen gets 25+ minutes is big mystery.

There's been the usual chatter about Allen practicing his threes and potentially playing some minutes at PF, but seems very unlikely to me. With this news about WCS going down, as someone who has both Looney and Allen, i'm now far more excited about Looney.

Dedmon is going to split minutes at Centre with Giles and Holmes, with the WCS news honestly Looney has the clearest path to 30 minutes of the four mentioned.

• Like 1

It all comes down to minutes. If get 27+ I believe his potential is the last 2 months of 18/19 Adebayo and that is pretty solid. It also falls almost in line with the BBM projection.

If his per 36 is 12 and 10 with bad ft%, and he gets 24 mins, that puts him at 2/3 which would make him an 8 and 7 guy with less than 1 steal and less than 1 block. As far as I know, that is free agent material. 

• Like 1

People are way too optimistic on Looney. Hes a better player on the floor than in fantasy.

Hes not a huge numbers guy, better off taking Chriss

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, fantasm said:

People are way too optimistic on Looney. Hes a better player on the floor than in fantasy.

Hes not a huge numbers guy, better off taking Chriss

Chriss gets by far less minutes than Looney (if healthy).

4 hours ago, johnval1362 said:

If his per 36 is 12 and 10 with bad ft%, and he gets 24 mins, that puts him at 2/3 which would make him an 8 and 7 guy with less than 1 steal and less than 1 block. As far as I know, that is free agent material. 

Taking his #s from last year when they had KD and Klay and at different times at C (Damian Jones/Cousins/Bogut) could be misleading.

Steph/Dlo will be staggered some and need help scoring. Expect Looney to score more and also bring in more boards.

I'm thinking more like 10/10 with 1 steal 1 block on 60%/65% (low ft attempts) and a few 3pt attempts from the corners sprinkled in.

Looney has more skill than what he's shown and even has a bit of range on his jumper. He's also been in Kerr's system for a while and they wanted him back

• Like 2

Dropped him for painter Matisse this morning. Not regretting at all. 

I don't wanna deal with hamstring issue from the last guy in my team. 

Edited by csklmf

I was a bit excited when they set him up for the 3pter but hasnt done much since. Long term, WCS will probably lower his value as well?

54 minutes ago, freddo said:

got the start, expecting big things. LETSGO

5 offensive rebounds 😲and not much else haha

looking like prime Rodman on the glass lol

(the 3 was nice too)

3 minutes ago, XNW said:

I was a bit excited when they set him up for the 3pter but hasnt done much since. Long term, WCS will probably lower his value as well?

oh yay a 3 pter!

Let's get LOOOOONEY up in here this season fellas. Be that big man glue guy.