Whitecloud0101

Carson Wentz 2019 Outlook

9 hours ago, jonasdash said:

Is he a Wide Receiver?  Because that's what I was talking about and in my first post I specifically said OTHER THAN ERTZ.  You should learn to read. 

If you're talking all receivers (including TE's) then there are several.  If you're talking strictly of WR's, I would say LA Rams and Minnesota Vikings have several, though I wouldn't really classify them all as elite but 1 elite and 2-3 high end near elite.  Eagles have 2 good WR's and an elite TE and then Agholor who is very average.  

It's clear that you have failed at reading and comprehension (repeatedly) as you are not even trying to discuss the original argument and are shifting the goalposts to suit your narrative, so I won't be responding to you any further.  Good luck this season.  

I understood what you said just fine friendo, it was again just a silly statement. Your original post you commented that part of the reason you worry about Wentz was the offense has "no premier talent" outside of Ertz. My point  is that almost no team has more than one "premier talent" in the receiving game. (KC and maybe Min are the only ones I can think of) and maybe none have the same overall receiver talent.  Plus Jeffery and Jackson are not just "good" receivers either no matter what narrative you are trying to push here. Neither is Goedert for that matter. They're certainly not far behind what the Rams have.

Bottom line: fading Wentz because of his receiving takent is like fading Tyreek  because of his QB.  Zeke because of his OL. It just doesn't make sense. 

If you change your mind and want to continue this debate I think we're at the point where PMs would be more appropriate. 

Washington's defense is pretty solid. First half was rough but he made some great throws in the second (first TD to Jeffery in particular). He was able to recognize blitzes and schemes and change the play accordingly a few times with great results.  Really encouraging start from him.

Also turns out Alshon and Desean might be OK receivers after all.

1 hour ago, Fabios1993 said:

I think he can do better than yesterday, let's see 

He was unlucky not to have a 4th TD there to Jeffery who was just behind the line of scrimmage when he caught the pass.  He also showed of some solid mobility in the pocket which could translate into a  big runs later on.  Add in that the Redskins have a decent D and the whole offense started off super slow and yeah I think it's safe to say he has plenty of room to improve on an already great performance.  

Edited by Baur10
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

He's going to be a top 3-5 fantasy QB.

I was thinking this all offseason and it looks pretty accurate.  I’d be surprised if he even gave us a single dud all year.

45 minutes ago, lightweight3 said:

I was thinking this all offseason and it looks pretty accurate.  I’d be surprised if he even gave us a single dud all year.

I'm super high on him this year but that might be a stretch.  They face some pretty tough defenses in the Vikings, Bears, Pats, Bills, Cowboys. 

The good news is that both he and Doug showed the ability to adjust when the game-plan wasn't working. Plus the receiving corp is deeeeeeeppp.  In the second half they beat the Redskins in several different ways, including passing in the run game.

There's no speculation that Wentz might be hurt right? Just concussion protocol last night? Picked up Josh McCown in a 2 QB league before the game just in case he got hurt and want to make sure I'm good to drop him for a backup tonight.

anyone else think he looks kind of reckless out there standing in on throws? Not considering trading but it is definitely something to monitor

Keep the faith, you guys.

There's a reason Wentz currently 9-1 to win MVP, only behind Brady, Jackson, and Mahomes. Vegas knows what's coming.

Updated odds to win NFL MVP (Bovada):

Mahomes +270

Jackson +750

Brady +800

Wentz +900

Rodgers/Watson/Prescott +2000

Wilson +2200

Mayfield +2500

Goff/Ryan/Garoppolo/Rivers +3300

Cousins/Murray +5000

Donald +6000

McCaffrey/Barkley/Mack +6600

Edited by Jared24

2 hours ago, HeHateMe23 said:

How do you guys like him vs the Lions and injuries to his receiving targets?  

I feel pretty apprehensive about him this week without DeSean Jackson and most likely without Alshon Jeffery as well. Add to that the fact that Wentz got pretty banged up himself with what looked like a rib shot and had to go in the tent for concussion protocol. That rushing touchdown really helped salvage his day last week, but if Agholor had caught that one ball on their final drive it would've been a walk-in 60 yard touchdown to add to their statlines. Not having his top two options at WR this week is really going to make me temper expectations, but I doubt most Wentz owners have a better option unless there's a great matchup elsewhere

18 hours ago, cbsholy said:

I feel pretty apprehensive about him this week without DeSean Jackson and most likely without Alshon Jeffery as well. Add to that the fact that Wentz got pretty banged up himself with what looked like a rib shot and had to go in the tent for concussion protocol. That rushing touchdown really helped salvage his day last week, but if Agholor had caught that one ball on their final drive it would've been a walk-in 60 yard touchdown to add to their statlines. Not having his top two options at WR this week is really going to make me temper expectations, but I doubt most Wentz owners have a better option unless there's a great matchup elsewhere

Yea I think I have to roll with him and hope for the best.  He still has Ertz at least.  

PHI will still find ways to get in the end zone. I'm expecting the usual 2-3 TD's from Wentz. Hopefully, his yardage will not suffer too much.

How overrated is this guy in real life, seriously?

It seems like every time he has a chance to lead a game winning drive, he NEVER comes thru.

Sunday Night was another opportunity for him, and he choked (predictably)

Eagles will never win a SB with Wentz under Center.

No clutch gene. You either have it or you don't, when it comes to QBs. Josh Allen >>> Carson Wentz for the next 10 years, easily. Clutch >>> Not Clutch. Allen already has led numerous game winning drives. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, lsdm6 said:

It seems like every time he has a chance to lead a game winning drive, he NEVER comes thru.

No clutch gene. You either have it or you don't, when it comes to QBs. Josh Allen >>> Carson Wentz for the next 10 years, easily. Clutch >>> Not Clutch. Allen already has led numerous game winning drives. 

Cool

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, lsdm6 said:

Trolling?

He got them the lead late in the 4th before the D choked and almost got it again but Algolor dropped a 60 yard TD down the sideline?

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, lsdm6 said:

Agholor dropped a walk in 60 yard TD and Ertz couldn’t get to the sticks on 4th down late in the game... if they convert there they probably score lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lsdm6 said:

There's some truth to this, but Sunday night is a poor example. He hit Agholor right in the hands for what would've essentially been a walkoff 60-yard TD, and Agholor dropped it. The problem Sunday wasn't how Wentz finished; it was how he started. Concerning the start, however, that shot to the ribs and losing both starting receivers was probably a significant factor.

Edited by EaglesRocker97

1 hour ago, lsdm6 said:

Good lord, Lol.

the entire starting receiving corps went out with injuries in the very beginning of the game, Agholor drops a wide open TD with like 90 seconds left in the game and Ertz brain farts by running that 4th down route a yard short. The "failed" two point conversion was also ridiculous, never seen a player diving for the goal line head first being ruled to have been "giving themself up." That would have been a field goal to tie it up. 

You sound like a regular at blogging the boys.. "clutch gene" lol

Edited by Mr.STD
  • Like 1

Are we looking elsewhere this week? Wentz plays this Thursday @ Green Bay, so it's a short week with an injured offense, against a defense that has looked very good (and very improved) in the games played so far. Word is that Alshon Jeffery is looking like he'll play, but he might not be 100%. I don't think this has the makings of a ceiling game for Wentz.