Whitecloud0101

Carson Wentz 2019 Outlook

In fantasy land, he’s been a pretty great later round pick. Good with him, but the schedule is tough coming up.

1 hour ago, FeastMode said:

In fantasy land, he’s been a pretty great later round pick. Good with him, but the schedule is tough coming up.

But his playoff schedule 

wk 13 @MIA #31
wk 14 NYG #29
wk 15 @WAS #28
wk 16 DAL #9
wk 17 @NYG #29

If your SB is in wk 16 (like mine) yeah sure, but the other weeks...

J3bHRa4.gif?noredirect

4 hours ago, MJJ28 said:

This is the most overrated QB in the NFL. He is not good.

Yet criminally underrated in fantasy...🤔

4 hours ago, cbsholy said:

Are we looking elsewhere this week? Wentz plays this Thursday @ Green Bay, so it's a short week with an injured offense, against a defense that has looked very good (and very improved) in the games played so far. Word is that Alshon Jeffery is looking like he'll play, but he might not be 100%. I don't think this has the makings of a ceiling game for Wentz. 

Agreed, everything screams floor game and Im listening. I'm rolling out Kennum @ the Giants in a game where there is a nice total of 49 and both QB's have a top 5 matchup. Sure I could regret it, but I'd regret it more watching a struggle on Thursday night.

37 minutes ago, Mr.Joshua said:

Agreed, everything screams floor game and Im listening. I'm rolling out Kennum @ the Giants in a game where there is a nice total of 49 and both QB's have a top 5 matchup. Sure I could regret it, but I'd regret it more watching a struggle on Thursday night.

What is a range of QBs you were willing to put over CW this week. I got Brissett against Oakland on my bench and I'm not quite sure.

10 minutes ago, thebadferret said:

What is a range of QBs you were willing to put over CW this week. I got Brissett against Oakland on my bench and I'm not quite sure.

The reason I don't love Brissett is that they could be running alot being a 6-7 point favorite.

8 hours ago, cbsholy said:

Are we looking elsewhere this week? Wentz plays this Thursday @ Green Bay, so it's a short week with an injured offense, against a defense that has looked very good (and very improved) in the games played so far. Word is that Alshon Jeffery is looking like he'll play, but he might not be 100%. I don't think this has the makings of a ceiling game for Wentz. 

I'm starting him because my other options are not that great. 

PHI's offense will still find a way to move the offense, even though GB's def is looking good. Just looking for an average game from Wentz (20-25 pts).

30 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

I'm starting him because my other options are not that great. 

PHI's offense will still find a way to move the offense, even though GB's def is looking good. Just looking for an average game from Wentz (20-25 pts).

They had the right plan to move the ball against Atlanta and the Lions, but the receivers dropped like 9 balls in those two games (7 against the Lions). Agholor is back to his crappy self, Ertz looks not great, Alshon not 100%, Goederts drop in the Lions game kills confidence in him and Whiteside dropped a ball that is his specialty. Now, Ertz and Goedert are good enough to snap out of this funk in an instant, and hopefully Alshon is healthy, but the OL worries me. 

What in the F is this?

https://mobile.twitter.com/nfl_memes/status/1175986668484136961?s=12

I love Wentz, but I'm starting Keenum this week. The problem on this team isn't Wentz, he has played pretty well and has made 3 or 4 game winning throws the last 2 weeks but his receivers have dropped them. Essentially I'm worried this week (I think it turns around after Thursday) because it's not a matter of Wentz playing better, it's the entire team that needs to. I don't like betting on an entire team getting right after a couple days. 

The only way I see Wentz putting up respectable fantasy numbers Thursday is if he uses his legs, which seems very possible. They HAVE to win this game. As an Eagles fan I hope I come back here on Friday morning and was proven dead wrong about Thursday. Even if he has a great game, benching him in fantasy lineups is still the right move.

Short week/receivers injured/healthy receivers dropping lots of balls/OL giving up on plays/no run game... Yikes

He will definitely be in a positive game script, though. The Philly run D is still good, but the pass defense is putrid and will be even worse this week with Darby out. The perfect spot for a good QB to rack up fantasy points (if his receivers can actually catch the ball). 

Edited by Mr.STD
  • Like 2

Jeffery would've came down with that potential game winning throw last week vs. DET.

Wentz is definitely not the reason PHI is choking.

• Like 2

I share the same concerns - short week, road team on TNF, injuries etc...  For the sake of comparison, I'm likely rolling with Kyler.

I don't want to clear up another roster spot so I'm rolling with Carson Wentz. Yes, the Packers defense looks good, but look at their opponents. Trubisky, Cousins, Flacco. LOL I'd say Wentz is at least 2 tiers better. Plus, he gets Alshon back.

• Like 1

The surprising stat this year so far is the sack rate the O-Line is allowing.  They are bottom 3rd in the league for sacks given up.  Packers have 13 on the year so far - their pass rush has improved significantly from prior seasons.

If they can't protect Wentz, it is not going to matter who he has back.

On 9/25/2019 at 9:11 AM, HeHateMe23 said:

Hate the match-up on the short week, probably going with D. Jones at home vs WAS..

I am doing the same, but I also need a high upside play.

Wentz is probably a safe, if uninspiring, bet for 16-20 points this week. I'm gonna be upset if he blows up tonight though lol

Im rolling out Wentz, A jones and Sanders tonight. Itll free up my Sunday if they all suck. More time to golf

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We also missed an additional 4 points in Week 1 from the Alshon Jeffery "rushing TD"....

...I'm firing up Wentz, per usual. I also have San Fran byes killing me this week.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BornandbredHeel said:

We also missed an additional 4 points in Week 1 from the Alshon Jeffery "rushing TD"....

...I'm firing up Wentz, per usual. I also have San Fran byes killing me this week.

We have missed out on at least 3 TDs and about 150 yards in the last 2 weeks. Agholor drop against ATL, Goedert and Whiteside drops against the Lyons. That's almost an entire decent games worth of production. Wentz will be fantastic if the receivers stop dropping balls.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Mr.STD said:

We have missed out on at least 3 TDs and about 150 yards in the last 2 weeks. Agholor drop against ATL, Goedert and Whiteside drops against the Lyons. That's almost an entire decent games worth of production. Wentz will be fantastic if the receivers stop dropping balls.

If Wentz can get a healthy supporting cast, I love his outlook. A few KEY drops have made his numbers look way worse than what they should be. Incredibly frustrating as a Wentz owner, but he's looked good in real life football which will translate eventually, assuming his better receivers get healthy and the ones who are currently healthy actually catch the balls thrown directly into their breadbasket.

45 minutes ago, Mr.STD said:

Totally forgot about that Agholor ATL drop...oof

Fire him up tonight. Don't understand the hesitation against a Packers D who has played against Trubisky, Cousins and Flacco.... all aren't better than Wentz. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JediMasters said:

Wentz owners talk to me.  I’m having real trouble deciding between Wentz or Stafford.

Can't go wrong here honestly. Stafford will have to play catch-up with Mahomes and the Chiefs O. Flip a coin.

1 hour ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

You guys overcomplicate this game. You start Wentz every week that isn't a bye. Every. Week.

Depends what your options are. I agree that he's one of the better QBs in the league and should be started most weeks. But this week I sat Wentz in favour of Prescott in one of my leagues, and even after last night's performance I'm still content with my decision. Honestly, the only QB in the entire league that I think is a lock to start every week aside from the bye is Mahomes. The other QBs could be swapped out based on matchup depending on how good the quality of your QB2 is.