Whitecloud0101

Carson Wentz 2019 Outlook

I feel like he’s droppable at this point if you can snag someone like Tannehill or Foles.

• Haha 1

ZERO confidence in Wentz being able to put together monster games down the stretch. Owner I faced last week streamed a QB that outscored me. Let's face it, he is a backup level fantasy qb at best this season. Week 1 was a tease. DJax was the one thing I was hoping would turn things around but he's gone. Alshon looks stiff as a board out there, Ertz is hit or miss, and they are running the ball a lot more. The writing is on the wall. This guy hasn't had an elite game all season. Play him at your risk when it counts most. I won't.

• Haha 2

Wentz does have a pretty solid fantasy playoff schedule but not sure he'll have weapons to really take advantage of it.

The Eagles should've made a deal for a WR...or maybe even claimed Josh Gordon...although not sure if they're waiver position was ahead of Seattle.

I was high on Wentz this year but losing D Jax hurt.  Wentz has just turned into a game manager.

Unless they do something to try and juice up their WRs I don't see much to get excited about with Wentz.  Basically a nice fantasy backup but not somebody you want to be relying on.

Wentz just needs to get past this next game and it really opens up after that schedule wise. He'll be a fine starter in about 2 weeks going forward. If he's your backup , then that's even better and great insurance. I just traded for him as my backup because of the schedule in this second half of the season. 

• Like 3

Another reason he blows this year - he doesn't run.

Week 1 was a tease for Wentz owners. I see maybe one 30 point game in the future.

44 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Wentz just needs to get past this next game and it really opens up after that schedule wise. He'll be a fine starter in about 2 weeks going forward. If he's your backup , then that's even better and great insurance. I just traded for him as my backup because of the schedule in this second half of the season. 

Weeks 13 through 15 so extremely juicy!

His last three opponents are 4th, 5th, and 7th in defending fantasy QBs... in ESPN standard scoring from week 12 to 15 he plays Seattle (21st), Miami (27th), NYG (24th), and Washington (can’t see the ranking since they’re on bye but I assume they’re bottom 5 or 10). I wouldn’t judge him too harshly when he played three straight defenses in the top quarter and won’t even play an average defense from weeks 12-15

I know this guy played against the Pats D tonight, but can we even roster this guy anymore? He just looks very average at his best. Don’t care about his rest of season schedule, if he can’t get me to the playoffs.

Today he had Ertz and garbage to throw to - As an eagles fan, I think he holds the ball too long but his WR's stink. 

It does not help that the WRs he is throwing to are straight garbage fire but he still looks way off right now. 

Not an Eagles fan so don't know what the deal is, but seems to me like Pederson is so set on establishing a running game that there is no sense of urgency at all.  Ever.  Everything they do is in slow motion.  Is it because his receiving options are either hurt or suck?  Don't know, but Wentz is not a viable play, or even hold, in 10 team leagues anymore.  

Yeah, yesterday was definitely rough. I expected a tough sledding, but was still hoping for around 22 pts. or so out of him. Another TD, and his numbers would've looked much more respectable. I think he'll be ok next week. Seattle can be passed on.

Edited by EaglesRocker97

Remember when Wentz used to be a mobile QB?  He's not anymore (right now).

Not sure if he's still getting over his ACL injury, but for FF purposes, he needs to run or at least show some mobility like he used to. He's not a Brady.

Is this guy going down as a perennial loser? Do you believe in the narrative that maybe the team just doesn't like this guy from a leader and personality perspective and really admired and liked foles? I'm starting to think this...his stats and qbr are pretty good but he just...loses 

On 11/18/2019 at 12:29 PM, PlayTheWaivers said:

Is this guy going down as a perennial loser? Do you believe in the narrative that maybe the team just doesn't like this guy from a leader and personality perspective and really admired and liked foles? I'm starting to think this...his stats and qbr are pretty good but he just...loses 

Tough to win with Nelson Agholor as your WR1.

• Like 1

Any updates on Jeffery and Howard?  They do have juicy matchups ROS (Mia, NYG, Wsh), I still think this offence can be great with Wentz, cant blame the guy when half his weapons are out.   

3 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

If Alshon is active I'm much more interested in Wentz moving forward. 

don't be so sure 'bout that ...

🤔

What always stood out to me was how for the Eagles it never seemed a question to let Foles walk.  He straight up lit it up for them and, nah, we're good.

2 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

What always stood out to me was how for the Eagles it never seemed a question to let Foles walk.  He straight up lit it up for them and, nah, we're good.

Eagles going back to mediocrity for years. GM doesn't deserve much credit- not great contracts and bad draft picks a plenty. Why is their WR room so bad? Should've kept Foles

2 minutes ago, BornandbredHeel said:

Yeah...it's about to be bailing time. Who y'all rolling with now...

I am screwed, it looks like I have to keep rolling out Carson