Sign in to follow this  
grifh76

Rate my draft and a couple of trade questions WHIR

Just drafted tonight, Yahoo Pro league format (QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/Flex/K/DEF, 6 bench). Half PPR. 10 teams

QB: Andrew Luck

WR: JuJu Smith-Schuster, Tyreek Hill, Brandin Cooks, Alshon Jeffery, Sammy Watkins, Corey Davis, Will Fuller V, Courtland Sutton

RB: Christian McCaffrey, Mark Ingram, LeSean McCoy

TE: Austin Hooper

K: Harrison Butker

DEF: Minnesota Vikings

Ended up going very WR heavy because guys kept falling to me. Any tips on what I should focus on before season starts?

Couple of trade questions too:

---

Their team: 

QB: Jameis Winston

WR: Odell Beckham Jr., Chris Godwin, D.J. Moore, Keke Coutee, Larry Fitzgerald, Donte Moncrief

RB: David Johnson, Aaron Jones, Chris Carson, Latavius Murray, Lamar Miller, Darrell Henderson, Damien Harris

TE: George Kittle

Trade offers:

Give: Tyreek Hill

Get: Aaron Jones

///

Give: Tyreek Hill, Mark Ingram

Get: Odell Beckham Jr., Lamar Miller

///

Give: Christian McCaffrey

Get: Aaron Jones, Lamar Miller

Any of these offers worth it? See any counters that might be worth sending to the guy?

------------

Also got a trade offer from this guy.

QB: Matt Ryan

WR: Stefon Diggs, Robert Woods, Jarvis Landry, Marvin Jones Jr., Marquez Valdes-Scantling

RB: Alvin Kamara, Marlon Mack, David Montgomery, Miles Sanders, D'Onta Foreman

TE: Travis Kelce, Evan Engram

K: Stephen Gostkowski

DEF: Jacksonville Jaguars

Offer:

Give: JuJu Smith-Schuster

Get: Evan Engram, Jarvis Landry

Take this, counter, or reject? Thanks for all the help WHIR

1 hour ago, grifh76 said:

Any tips on what I should focus on before season starts?

With 2RB and a Flex, I would really really like to upgrade your RB position.

No way.

Hardly an upgrade.

NO. Are they taking you for a sucker?

This is a bit more interesting, as you also don't really have a TE, but first you need to fix your RB position.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grifh76 said:

Chris Carson, Latavius Murray, Lamar Miller

with this guy, see if you can get any of these for your WR4+, ie Alshon Jeffery, Sammy Watkins, Corey Davis

Just make sure you get a serious offer, he's trying to play you. The second guy is a lot more serious, and it is probably a trade that makes sense for both of you.

2 hours ago, grifh76 said:

Trade offers:

The first one as much as I love Aaron Jones is a hard pass. The second one I don't view as an upgrade at all. Considering you need running I would not downgrade from Ingram to Miller. Mark Ingram on Baltimore could be really good playing a long side Justice Hill. Hell no on that third one, its a scam. I would not even respond to the first guy after those jokes he calls offers. If I am giving away McCaffrey I want David Johnson back along with Aaron Jones (a bit steep) or if not Jones at least Chris Carson. I mean if we look at projections McCaffrey alone is projected to get around 13-14 touchdowns combined catching and rushing. David Johnson is projected to get 9-10 touchdowns combined. Aaron Jones projected to get 7 touchdowns combined (Which is dumb to be honest considering he had 9 in only 8 starts last season). If in my league someone offered me two players not even top 20 in current rankings for a top 3 fantasy running back, once the season ended we would be looking for someone new.

The final offer I would strongly consider though I would also first try and tweak the deal, before trading JuJu away for a TE upgrade and Jarvis Landry who does not really help you. Try shopping him in specific for one more good top 8-15 ranking running back. Someone like Leonard Fournette for example. JuJu last I checked was around 5th or 6th in WR rankings after his great sophmore year last season. With Antonio Brown gone JuJu is elevated to another level for this season. The Browns on the other hand added Odell Beckham this off season and Landry has never played with an alpha wide receiver in his career. Landry has always been a target hog and that will not be an option any more. I don't view him as a locked in WR2 anymore. Personally, I would counter offer the last guy JuJu Smith for Evan Engram & Stefon Diggs. Otherwise I walk away from that deal. Its likely he declines it instantly, but their is the off chance since he already has Kelce that he may just take it. You can evan throw Austin Hooper in the deal if need be. You can also add Marlon Mack instead of Landry or Diggs. Mack is a safe, high-floor RB2. And I also expect a good season from him. 

All of those offers are terrible, I would pass on all of them. I would stick with what you have, Ingram might turn out to be a great RB2.  If you really want to upgrade at TE, I would dangle Cooks. He should be able to get you someone better than Engram.

I like this team!! CMC is obviously a high-end stud and you hit a homerun with Juju and Hill near the 2/3 turn. I love that trio to build around. I'd love to see more backfield depth, even in the form of clear backups or total lotto tickets. Three RBs are simply not enough to start a season with. TE could be improved upon as well in a 10 team format. If Fuller approaches his ceiling, that could push you over the top.

Ultimately a definite playoff contender who could make a nice run.  

I am not big on any of those trade offers. Hill and CMC are both top ten fantasy assets in my opinion and those trades are not worthy of moving that caliber player. 

Like your team.  Sure your very thin at RB but in a 10 teamer you should be able to get one or two on waiver wire.  Plus you can trade from your WR's at some point if you want.  No chance I take any of those trades

Posted (edited)
On 8/1/2019 at 12:15 AM, Boudewijn said:
On 7/31/2019 at 11:11 PM, grifh76 said:

------------

Also got a trade offer from this guy.

QB: Matt Ryan

WR: Stefon Diggs, Robert Woods, Jarvis Landry, Marvin Jones Jr., Marquez Valdes-Scantling

RB: Alvin Kamara, Marlon Mack, David Montgomery, Miles Sanders, D'Onta Foreman

TE: Travis Kelce, Evan Engram

K: Stephen Gostkowski

DEF: Jacksonville Jaguars

Offer:

Take this, counter, or reject? Thanks for all the help WHIR

On 8/1/2019 at 12:15 AM, Boudewijn said

This is a bit more interesting, as you also don't really have a TE, but first you need to fix your RB position.

You might see if you can counter with JuJu for Engram/Montgomery.

Sorry...I screwed up the multiquote. 

Edited by K197040