justaguy

Jonas Valanciunas 2019-2020 Outlook

2 hours ago, BMart519 said:

Source? Tied season high in minutes tonight while Clarke got a season low with no foul trouble. 

roto blurb about Ja Morant and Clarke. 

I wouldn't really worry about Jonas. He's never been a big minutes guy anyways. When he put up 20 and 11 for Memphis last year he only played 28 minutes a game. For his career he's averaged 12 and 8.5 in 25 minutes. He just needs shots, which he's still getting a healthy dosage of 10 shots in 22.5 minutes. There is enough playing time for JV, JJJ, and Clarke to be all productive: JV is too slow, JJJ is too dumb, and Clarke is too young to be playing 30 minutes. 

• Haha 1

On 11/12/2019 at 3:04 PM, bballshinobi said:

I wouldn't really worry about Jonas. He's never been a big minutes guy anyways. When he put up 20 and 11 for Memphis last year he only played 28 minutes a game. For his career he's averaged 12 and 8.5 in 25 minutes. He just needs shots, which he's still getting a healthy dosage of 10 shots in 22.5 minutes. There is enough playing time for JV, JJJ, and Clarke to be all productive: JV is too slow, JJJ is too dumb, and Clarke is too young to be playing 30 minutes. 

Agreed theres more than enough PT between these 3 if they soak up all the C and PF minutes . It's weird for me because I own both JVal and Clarke , I feel like they limit each others upside including JJJ's. 

59 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Agreed theres more than enough PT between these 3 if they soak up all the C and PF minutes . It's weird for me because I own both JVal and Clarke , I feel like they limit each others upside including JJJ's. 

It's all good, I draft Jonas literally every year because he's always undervalued. JJJ was a little pricey, Clarke was cheap in a lot of leagues (not mine). They cap each other's ceilings but it's all about value.

This dude is huge disappointed in last few matches

49 minutes ago, kane said:

This dude is huge disappointed in last few matches

Yeah, traded for him two weeks ago thinking that I was buying low and that he was about to go off once he comes off minutes restriction, seems like I was wrong and was actually buying high. 

Total disappointment this year. He's outside the top 100 per game, mostly because he's averaging only 0.6 blocks (lowest mark of his career).

The 2 or 3 games where he was given the ball and minutes he killed it.

But the new coach in Memphis wants to play faster and JV simply isn't a fit for them anymore. He's basically the 5th option when on the court. Cut your losses.

This is sad because he absolutely killed it in the last 15 games of last season and I made it a point to draft him. I don't know what to do with him.

9 minutes ago, WhiskerFrisker said:

This is sad because he absolutely killed it in the last 15 games of last season and I made it a point to draft him. I don't know what to do with him.

Not sure what to do with him either. You think he’s going to lose playing time to Clarke as the season progresses. 

On 11/12/2019 at 3:04 PM, bballshinobi said:

spacer.png

• Like 1

Who is stealing his minutes?

JJJ of Clarke? Or both?

Why does Jenkins not realize that JV just needs minutes? It‘s not that he has been bad right? Or is he just too slow?

i‘m confused...

4 hours ago, davidhammer said:

Who is stealing his minutes?

JJJ of Clarke? Or both?

Why does Jenkins not realize that JV just needs minutes? It‘s not that he has been bad right? Or is he just too slow?

i‘m confused...

I drafted him 77th. Watched some Memphis games this year and the guy simply is not playing like he is a part of the team. He is way slower than rest of the team, he is not made an impact so far (compared to last year) and JJJ and Clarke shows more promise. They will probably trade him at some point just like i did.  

Edited by loadmanager

7 hours ago, Pirate said:

spacer.png

It all comes down to cost and expectation man. If you drafted him hoping for the 20-10 he put up last year, you will be disappointed. I drafted him with the expectation of 12 and 8, which he will deliver with no problem.

He doesn't jump high enough. Dropping for Brandon Clarke.

• Haha 1

FML , the moment I bench him on this full slate of Wednesday games ... he does this shiete . Fantasy gods are cruel 

• Like 1

Note: His minutes are in the 30's now. So ah... Yeah lol.

• Like 1