Johnny Tuttle

Lamet and Apostel for Nate Lowe

Hey, guys and girls: I have a lot of 1B/hitter types for UTIL in a 12 team mixed dynasty league (H2H--6x6 OPS/Holds). In this league, I have Schwarber, Donaldson, EE, Rizzo, Goldy, Mazara, etc.) 

In my other similar league, I just traded Nate Lowe for Giolito and Taylor Trammell (thanks for the help in that thread, boys).

In this league, the offer on the table is my Lowe for his Dinelson Lamet and Sherten Apostel. 

I love Lamet's arm and K-rate and upside--even if he's literally being played by Charlie Sheen and pitching to Tom Berenger. Apostel seems super high upside. Am I right in thinking that Lamet helps me this year? So long as he's rosterable and startable, I think I win this deal--Apostel should be better than Lowe long term.

Thoughts?

I don't know about calling Apostel's upside "super high", the guy is still only batting low-mid 200s with 15 hr in over 300 ab. Still, he's young, but he does play for one (if not the worst) farm systems in the Rangers. As far as Lamet goes, I love his k/9 (11.7 in 2019), and depending on how you can place him, I like that side of the trade a little more. Take the arm, and hope for the best with Apostel.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I do like Lamet, but until he develops a third pitch, idk how reliable he'll be outside of strikeouts. Right now he's kind of like 2016 Archer.

If you can, I might chance it and wait until next season when Lowe is getting full time at bats. He can hit, and hasn't really been given a chance yet. You'll likely get a better return.

Edited by street sharks
  • Like 1

Admittedly I don't know much about Apostel. But I agree with @street sharks, Lamet is really just a two pitch pitcher. I don't see him taking a big step in his game. And Lowe just hasn't gotten enough of a chance with the Rays constantly swapping players in and out of the daily lineup. I predict Lowe's stock will go up and you can possibly flip him for more then. 

Thanks for the help on mine!

• Like 1