Slatykamora

2019 August Closer Thread

Even for people who are desperate for saves, or shtarving as Frank White would say, the wise move is to avoid Jimenez and Bass.  You’ll likely just end up dropping them after your ratios get destroyed.  

Buck Farmer is an intriguing stash.  His strikeout rate is way up from last season (10.23 vs 7.40).  There might be something there.

Finally dropped Wade Davis after yesterdays nightmare. Am relieved, as I had been carrying both him and Oberg for over a month

Joe Jimenez kinda sucks.  On top of that, so do the Tigers.  They may have 15 more wins in them this year.  

Nobody thinks Yoan Lopez could be the guy in AZ?  I know Bradley got a recent save, but so did Yoan and his numbers look pretty good over the full season.

11 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Keep an eye on Austin Adams when he returns for the Mariners

I was just going to say of all the new pickups, Bass seems like the clearest heir apparent. He pitched the 8th in basically every save/win Elias had before leaving.

There's no one left on the Mariners with even one save this season though.

18 minutes ago, cizastro said:

Nobody thinks Yoan Lopez could be the guy in AZ?  I know Bradley got a recent save, but so did Yoan and his numbers look pretty good over the full season.

Interesting piece of evidence was yesterday's game in which Lopez and Hirano were brought up in the 6th and 7th respectively during a 3-2 lead. Pretty telling that Bradley has the best chance to run away with it right now I think.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bigboyish said:

Interesting piece of evidence was yesterday's game in which Lopez and Hirano were brought up in the 6th and 7th respectively during a 3-2 lead. Pretty telling that Bradley has the best chance to run away with it right now I think.

Exactly how I interpreted it as well. My money is on Bradley.

Posted (edited)

Jarlin the Marlin in for the 9th down 4-1, not a save opp but pitching the 9th, just something to file away

EDIT: Hit Nelson Cruz (pinch hitter for the pitcher), then got Kepler to ground out, and then Arraez grounded into DP

Edited by kmoore1521
  • Like 1

Just now, murraygd13 said:

Dyson with a save chance for the Twins.

I'm sure he'll blow it

1 minute ago, JameisofThrones said:

It's not going well

Idk how this guy keeps getting remotely close to 9th inning chances.

1 minute ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

Piece of crap better not blow my Pineda win. 4-1 in 9th. Is Rogers not available today?

Rogers coming in to try to bail him out now but might be too late...

Wow Dyson won’t even get a hold now.  Just a whole lot of negative points.  Welcome to the waiver wire 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

My sincere condolences for all the pain that Dyson owners are feeling right now, but I have to say as a Red Sox fan I was a little annoyed that the Twins were able to get him for what seemed like marginal prospects. This make me feel a tiny bit better. Welcome back to the American League, I guess.

Edited by JameisofThrones
  • Like 1

Rogers saves Dyson with 3 Ks and for his contributions he gets credited with a blown save.  That’s funny.

Are the Twins winning lots of games in spite of Baldelli?  Because he’s surprising dumb if his decision making today was any indication.  Dyson makes his debut in a Twins uniform and you immediately place him into a save situation despite the fact that Rogers is available?

1 minute ago, JameisofThrones said:

My sincere condolences for all the pain that Dyson owners are feeling right now, but I have to say as a Red Sox fan I was a little annoyed that the Twins were able to get him for what seemed like marginal prospects. This make me feel a tiny bit better. Welcome back to the American League, I guess.

As a fellow Red Sox fan as well, I wouldn't wish Sam Dyson on my worst enemy. Not even I am that cruel.

13 minutes ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

Rogers saves Dyson with 3 Ks and for his contributions he gets credited with a blown save.  That’s funny.

Are the Twins winning lots of games in spite of Baldelli?  Because he’s surprising dumb if his decision making today was any indication.  Dyson makes his debut in a Twins uniform and you immediately place him into a save situation despite the fact that Rogers is available?

Seemed like a pretty safe spot though. Up 3 vs the Marlins isn't the worst spot to throw in your newly acquired reliever

1 minute ago, street sharks said:

Seemed like a pretty safe spot though. Up 3 vs the Marlins isn't the worst spot to throw in your newly acquired reliever

The Marlins really aren't as bad as everyone thinks.. They are certainly an improvement on the 2018 Marlins. They can sneak up on you. I see what you're saying, but I still hate Dyson. Hate.

• Haha 1